Actual Surprise: Agents of Mayhem is now a boardgame

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By sammo21

Of course it is, what isn't anymore? The board game resurgence has been going strong for a while and everything gets made into board games now...so why not a mediocre (or just outright terrible, in my opinion) game that was a critical and financial letdown? Recently added to Kickstarter, like all miniature based board games it is pretty pricey. I am curious how the deals for this came about but I was definitely taken aback by it. The core ideas in Agents of Mayhem, even from a story perspective, are competent (I mean, its just GI JOE but with...dick jokes, I guess?) so I guess it would translate to a competent game. however, I'm mostly just sharing this because of how weird it seemed when I came across it. Even more odd is that Academy Games is responsible for games with a more educational and historical bent to them. Either way, I guess its good that Volition might get something out of that mess of a game.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Considering Deadly Premonition has a board game, I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I kinda am. Not that another video game got it's own board game, but that AGENTS OF MAYHEM got one. I figured it's success (or lack thereof) would have led to it being shelved and never spoken of or thought about again.

ashghanistan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ashghanistan

Waiting for the day they turn Mario Party into an actual board game, and the subsequent Mario Party Party: Board Game edition

Avatar image for propagandapanda
Propagandapanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?!?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd be all for a trend of disliked video games getting board game releases for inscrutable reasons.

Backyard Wrestling: The Board Game

Venetian Blinds Monopoly

Risk, But With A 'Soldier Of Fortune: Payback' Theme

50 Cent's Carcassonne On The Sand

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By iamjohn

@ashghanistan: They made a card game that uses the eReader for mini games, if that counts.