High turnip price today!

• 94 results
Orangefreak92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

For those of you that are also playing the stalk market, I just wanted to inform you that my Re-Tail is currently buying turnips for 418 bells each. I figured I'd share this good fortune with my fellow duders. Go ahead and add me if you want in on this, and just send me a PM saying you've added me along with your friend code, and I'll get you added back ASAP. I'll leave my gate open until around 11pm PST.

Here is my info:

FC: 1032-2525-6489

Name: Nick

Der_Berger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey Nick! I'll be home in two hours - hope you're still on! I'll send my friend code ASAP.

JamesBoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish I'd saved mine now, I ended up selling 'em for less, how pointless :(

Der_Berger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Added you Nick.

Add me Der Berger 0404-6181-5469

brycekuhn15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3539 9454 1062 Bryce add me quick! please!

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BasketSnake

Anyone made it in the STALK MARKET today? Please let us know. My turnip prices are down. I will STALK this thread. Maybe even while at the same time playing the game STALKER. You can talk the talk...but can you stalk the stalk?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I got them going at 163 bells at the moment. I'd be down for anything high up, when I bought mine on Sunday I bought them at 110 bell a turnip.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine are like 175 but I'm holding out until tomorrow morning.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having never played Animal Crossing, I love these threads.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

The island has made Turnips largely irrelevant unless you're dropping over a million bells on them per week.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

The island has made Turnips largely irrelevant unless you're dropping over a million bells on them per week.

What else is there then playing the turnip stock market?! Wonder if we could pull off a Bernie Madoff and do some sort of wicked Animal Crossing pyramid scheme.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

Playing the turnip game is an easy way to make several days worth of island income!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starfoxa said:

@starvinggamer said:

Playing the turnip game is an easy way to make several days worth of island income!

I make ~400k bells a day on one island trip. Unless you're extremely lucky, you won't be making much more than that off of a million bell investment into turnips.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rebgav

The night is dark and full of turnips.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Wemibelle

My town is currently buying turnips at 581 bells each if anyone's interested. Code is 1048-8060-3285. I'll add anyone who PMs me and my gate will be open for the next few hours for those who want to sell some turnips.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

If anyone can help, just checked my turnip prices this morning and its selling at an all-time low 33 bells. When I bought them they were at 110 a piece. Anybody with anything higher then 110 at the moment would be much appreciated.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@starfoxa said:

@starvinggamer said:

I make ~400k bells a day on one island trip. Unless you're extremely lucky, you won't be making much more than that off of a million bell investment into turnips.

Do you just keep walking around the island constantly for the sharks to pop up or do you go inside the store and back out? I'm getting good money but nothing close to that or what Jeff was talking about on the podcast

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

TURNIPS! GETCH YO TURNIPS HEYA!

Orangefreak92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have a turnip price higher than 93 bells? My price is shitty today, and am at least looking to make my money back...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

@starfoxa said:

@starvinggamer said:

Do you just keep walking around the island constantly for the sharks to pop up or do you go inside the store and back out? I'm getting good money but nothing close to that or what Jeff was talking about on the podcast

I do laps around the island but most of my income comes from bugs. I typically do a late night trip before I go to bed and only collect bugs worth 2,500 or more and sharks until I've filled all 40 slots of my basket. I actually have no concept of how long this takes me but if I had to guess, I'd say 30 minutes to an hour depending on how lucky I am. I usually only pop back into the store when I'm full on bugs or when I haven't seen anything good for a few laps.

Bowsermouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spatch 3797 6658 6023 please add me sir :) in waiting right now as you read this

denzel432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey does anyone have high turnip prices? My friend code is 2750 1385 6681 :)

Monkeybutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I added you my fc is

2191-7716-5868

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

Having never played Animal Crossing, I love these threads.

I feel the same way. I sold my horse for sixteen buttons yesterday. Big score, it was.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By xymox

Two questions about the fabled stalk market:

Is the multiplayer region locked?

And what's a good price to buy them for? I avoid them when they're above 100 a pop since re-tail seem to go below 100 some days.

@starvinggamer said:

I do laps around the island but most of my income comes from bugs. I typically do a late night trip before I go to bed and only collect bugs worth 2,500 or more and sharks until I've filled all 40 slots of my basket. I actually have no concept of how long this takes me but if I had to guess, I'd say 30 minutes to an hour depending on how lucky I am. I usually only pop back into the store when I'm full on bugs or when I haven't seen anything good for a few laps.

Indeed. I don't know what crazy GMO shark-breeding tank Jeff has in his game but island beetles is where it's at. Just avoid Fruit Beetles like the plague and you should generally be OK. That said, the lowest value shark is worth 8000 bells and the lowest finned fish is worth 4000, so it's still a good idea is to catch bugs while keeping an eye out for fins sticking out of the ocean.

If it takes too long just drop to another tier of bugs. Basically, the more bugs you accept, the faster it will go, but the less you will make per trip (but potentially you will also make more per hour).

Personally I like to just get in, get mine and get out, so basically I just catch every beetle with "Stag" or "Horned" or "Beetle" in the name (except for Fruit Beetles). Horned Dynastid seems to be the most frequently spawning beetle (worth 1350).

Also the Hermit Crabs show up very often and are worth just as much as the lowest stag (1000 bells each) so it's OK to get those as well.

And as long as you don't have stumps on the island, low bell beetles apart from Fruit Beetles won't even spawn. The Emperor Butterfly also has an absolutely insane spawn rate for me on the island and they're super easy to catch, and each will net you 2500 bells. I'd say it takes about 30 minutes to fill the box depending on what you're willing to accept. Just keep in mind the Cyclommatus Stag (8000 bells) spawns kind of often and one inventory slot is worth 8 Miyama Stags (1000 bells ea).

If you just want to relax and not think about what's worth what, the easiest way is this:

tl;dr All bugs that spawn on palm trees are worth getting, and all finned fish are worth getting.

adamchav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My friend code:

3196 - 3739 - 4269

Dexboost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dexboost

If anyone is buying turnips for more than 150+ do you mind letting me in? I will leave a tip for the trouble.

Friend Code: 1435-3484-3681

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By StarFoxA

@xymox said:

Two questions about the fabled stalk market:

Is the multiplayer region locked?

And what's a good price to buy them for? I avoid them when they're above 100 a pop since re-tail seem to go below 100 some days.

The multiplayer is not region locked, and any price is worth buying for me, personally. I keep an eye on Reddit's turnip subreddit, as well as the GameFAQs trading board, where 400+ prices show up pretty much every day. I only sell my turnips at prices over 600, though. I bought 4 million worth of turnips last Sunday, and made off with 25 million. I don't bother with the island beetle farming anymore.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This turnip thing is starting to sound more like some nigerian prince scam. I've never seen turnips sell higher than 300 in my games.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: it's not worth it if you're only relying on your own town's prices.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, anybody got something going on today? These turnips are burning a hole in my locker and pockets.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zacagawea: Nope only 93 bells.

@starfoxa said:

@i_stay_puft: it's not worth it if you're only relying on your own town's prices.

You got some insider trading info going?

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Unless prices turn around drastically I'm going to take a bath on this weeks activity.

Sunday Purchase = 98
Monday Morning = 39
Monday Afternoon = 38
Tuesday Morning = 36

I've never seen the price drop so low - and that includes in Wild World!

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By flameboy84

@nezza said:

Unless prices turn around drastically I'm going to take a bath on this weeks activity.

Sunday Purchase = 98

Monday Morning = 39

Monday Afternoon = 38

Tuesday Morning = 36

I had that exact same pricing two weeks ago and ended up selling for something like 45 I was pissed! Just have to hope someone else comes up good for you.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nezza said:

Sunday Purchase = 98

Monday Morning = 39

Monday Afternoon = 38

Tuesday Morning = 36

I had that exact same pricing two weeks ago and ended up selling for something like 45 I was pissed! Just have to hope someone else comes up good for you.

Think we've reached the Black Tuesday in the history of the Animal Crossing universe.

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By Nezza

@flameboy84 said:

@nezza said:

Sunday Purchase = 98

Monday Morning = 39

Monday Afternoon = 38

Tuesday Morning = 36

Think we've reached the Black Tuesday in the history of the Animal Crossing universe.

It slipped to 31 last night and now it's down to 27!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@nezza said:
@i_stay_puft said:

@flameboy84 said:

@nezza said:

Sunday Purchase = 98

Monday Morning = 39

Monday Afternoon = 38

Tuesday Morning = 36

It slipped to 31 last night and now it's down to 27!

It was at 125 for a few hours last night. I was rather surprised. Hopefully people got to profit from it.

zakn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

429 bells in my town this morning!

2148-9099-5097

I'll leave the town open all morning

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By flameboy84

@zakn: adding you now please will you add me back so I can visit?

EDIT:

My Number is 4227 1148 7188

zakn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zakn: oh man jackpot dude! To bad I got out of that turnip game three weeks ago. I'm now on that Beetle game...

zakn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zakn
flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zakn:

OK awesome thanks I'm on the way.

zakn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy84:

Good stuff man. Glad you made some cash and gave me a nice tip. Plus he liked my place :D

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By flameboy84

@zakn: You're welcome with the tip it's the least I could do! I did really like you price you managed to fit a lot of items in that ground floor room without making it seem too cluttered. It's a hard thing to achieve I know I certainly haven't managed it!

rkraupa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sheikah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey @zakn are you still around? Would love to come over, my usual go to has no good prices today. My code is 3523-2023-5626. Cheers

ZenGaijin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By ZenGaijin

I have 800 turnips anyway i could get in to unload them in someones town? I'll throw some of the bells your way.

FC: 1204 0623 3959