Respawn's Titanfall Battle Royale game "Apex Legends" looks pretty great...and available now!

• 141 results
cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Someone needs to come up with an idea other than "cartoony over the top characters", i don't remember a single character from any of these games.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is anyone else having an issue linking your steam friends to the game? I hit the button and sign in, it says it found 15 people that it'll bring in but they don't actually show in game. On top of that whenever I restart the game it seems to unlink my account and I have to do it all over again.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played a few rounds last night, I had a good time with the game overall. As with most of these I have tried, my initial issue is keeping track of what ammo goes to what weapon. But the UI is helping a lot in informing me if something is better or worse than what I have. Guns feel good and I generally like that they didn’t keep the whole Titanfall movement but limiting it in some variety to different characters. Kind of liking this more than I ever did Titanfall, which admittedly isn’t saying much. Also, the game is giving me weird Borderlands-feelings.

Might keep at it, playing with randos is a bit of a hit and miss, and I suspect full teams with voice will demolish most random squads.

morningcoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pezen: Ammo is color coded. Heavy ammo is green. Light ammo is orange. etc...

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morningcoffee: Oh, I never realized that, thanks for the tip. But then, that might be my color blindness messing with me. I hardly ever mess with color blind modes because I rarely find that they fix my issues. Though I more meant what type of ammo fits which guns and what type of ammo my current gun require. But maybe it was stated on the gun and I just missed it in the frenzy of running around.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By fatalbanana

@pezen said:

Might keep at it, playing with randos is a bit of a hit and miss, and I suspect full teams with voice will demolish most random squads.

If you're interested we got a pretty hoppin discord going for the game. If you're going to play with randos might as well be some good duder randos.

https://discord.gg/accEhj8

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I played about an hour. Had a bunch of matches that went nowhere fast - typical BR type of suff, loot, loot, loot then get squad wiped instantly.

For some reason whenever I was Jumpmaster no one ever followed me which makes me think I'm not doing it right or something.

After a lot of instantly dying I got on a team with a really good guy - dood got my tags or whatever from outside the circle and then revived the entire team. We ended up winning that one but it felt kind of cheap on my part since I didn't really contribute much.

Much like Titanfall 2 the cosmetics are pretty lackluster so even when I got some "rare" skins it wasn't really anything special.

Armor makes killing people really annoying.

Overall I dunno it was OK I guess. I played several matches but only because there is usually a decent buildup to a really shitty gunfight. I will play some more out of bordedom but I can see this being a lot more fun with friends instead of the random team of misfits I need to rely on.

mattclementsjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all,

I've seen a couple invites to the Discord in this thread. We had to wipe the invite codes to ensure people were getting funneled into the correct channel that welcomes new users and explains the rules. The new and permanent link is below:

https://discord.gg/accEhj8

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is a seriously good foundation to build upon. The characters are great and how the work in 3 man squads. Got my first win today, i sniped a dude in the head for the winning kill, great stuff!

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm really loving it so far after about 20 or so matches (and 2 wins). It definity plays better than PUBG and I really like the 3 man squads, since the smart communication stuff even makes it playable with randoms.

Sadly it keeps on crashing on my PS4 since yesterday evening, either in the character select or the match itself (it fucking crashed in the final shoot-out between my squad and the one other remaining team). Hopefully they'll hotfix this soon.

Silan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After 2 days of playing (and getting my first win yesterday wooo) i honestly havent been this excited about a shooter since Overwatch and Titanfall 2.

I'm 34 and i really thought Battleroyal games just wasnt for me. I played a handful of hours of PUBG and BO4's BR mode, but both of them just ended with me getting sniped from unknown location and dying in 95% of the games. It just never seemed that fun to me, maybe because i just never got any good. Fortnite building stick confused me even more.

But this game, holy hell. Sure, theres still a decent amount of games where we loot and die, but everything around it is just so much fun. The shooting and movement is (as expected from Respawn) close to perfect, no weird lag or feeling of low tickrate. All the different legend abilities feel useful and fun in their own way. The loot is fun without being super confusing, and all the quality of life stuff just means im not running around like a confused chicken, even though i'm not a "young and dedicated gamer teen" anymore. I dont have to figure out where someone is getting shot from, because theres a handy red ping i just need to locate. Dont need to worry about attachment because the game does 99% of the job for me. Different types of ammo and armor is easy to distinguish.

I'm just overall having a lot more fun with this damn battleroyal game that i have with BF5/CoD BO4/Overwatch which was my normal goto shooters atm. Well fucking done Respawn.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silan: I’m having the same problems you did with PUBG here. 95% of matches are spent on looting and seeing no one and then end in seconds with a squad wipe in a single encounter and it’s back to the matchmaking screen.

Also I’m so used to how shooting felt in Titanfall 2 that I can’t get used to armor in Apex. It seems like it takes forever to down someone. It’s free so I’m not really losing anything here but I’m just having a hard time feeling the fun of this mode where there is so much downtime.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Holy hell, this game is great!

No BR game ever interested me enough to try it honestly, but as a HUGE Titanfall 2 fan I figured I would give this a go. The first day or so was pretty brutal and I was getting kind of frustrated. But I've got the hang of the game now and managed to win twice so far. Focusing on playing one character really helped. I'm trying to keep myself from just buying like 50 crates to unlock some of those Caustic skins lol. I really love the game now, I haven't been this excited about a shooter in a long-ass time.

Can't wait to see what new stuff they have in store for the March update. I'm super hooked!!

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It’s a good game, I’m glad I can play it for a little while for free, but for a good old multiplayer I’ll stick with Siege. I didn’t expect to burn out on BR this soon, but here I am. And the focus on the teamplay is a huge bummer, I will always queu solo and I would love a mode for solo players, I don’t feel there is enough of a teambuilding aspect to build the whole game around it. Maybe later when tje roster is bigger, but they will lose most players who feel tje same as my by then.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@humanity said:

Also I’m so used to how shooting felt in Titanfall 2 that I can’t get used to armor in Apex. It seems like it takes forever to down someone.

This continues to be the sticking point for me. Just when I feel like I'm used to the time-to-kill I dump three full clips into a guy sporting level four armor for naught.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By handlas

Game is a lot of fun. Feels great to play just like Titanfall. Probably the most fun BR game I've played. Love sliding down hills.

Hope they add wall running although most of the areas are pretty big and open. And I hope they support it for a long time to come with adding things. I'll keep playing and probably drop money in if they do.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Whether I stick with it longterm or not, I bought the Founders Pack just to support what Respawn are doing here. Since it's my first BR experience I can't speak to how much that colors my warm reaction to this game, but considering I generally hate competitive FPS and this game has been all I can think about all week I figure it's on to something. Really my only worry is that I still stink something real fierce and am a total liability on any squad that wants to get spicy immediately, but I was on a winning team on the first day and have been ranked top 2 or 3 several times so I think I'm getting pretty good at playing support roles at least.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FrodoBaggins

THIS GAME IS SOOOOO GOOOD.

I love how the respawn mechanics work, only been able to use each point once. The characters are all useful. The ping system is amazing.

MisterSims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MisterSims

This is probably the most fun I've had with a Battle Royale game ever. I just couldn't get into Fortnite. I wasn't a fan of the shooting or barn-building or whatever. I wasn't crazy about PUBG either, though I did like that they had vehicles, but on console the controls and how it ran were SHIT. This game strikes the right balance. I also have a headset (to hear gunshots and footsteps around me) but don't like talking on mic. The fact that I can just ping weapons, items, locations and even enemies instead of talking to randos is amazing. I've been maining Bloodhound since he can track where enemies have been and also with his ultimate, I can find hidden enemies on the map and tell my squad where they are, so I still feel helpful :)

My team won a match yesterday and I got the winning kill which was kind of exhilarating. Had a situation today where I was jumpmaster and my other two teammates completely ditched me to go to another spot on the map before I even jumped. Well, once I got enough items, I eventually caught up to them just as they got gunned down (ha!) and I avenged them by shooting down 4 dudes (2 at a time) with the Eva-8 shotgun to become Kill Leader of the game. Then I brought their tags back to the respawn point like a true champ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2TSWuXE57w (firefight at 6:00 min)

They went on to abandon me again , hahaa... but this game continues to be consistently fun, even though sometimes you get stuck with a crummy squad. Btw, I'm not the best at this game, or First person shooters in general, but you get your moments. And they feel great.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I was jumpmaster and my other two teammates completely ditched me to go to another spot on the map before I even jumped.

This same thing happened to me 2 games in a row. One of the games, the dude gave up jumpmaster to me and then they jumped together--no way that was an accident :/ . I wasn't paying attention and I ended up on the complete other side of the map directly in the middle of the ring lol. Managed to get top 3 on my own.

As much as I like the communication pings in this game, once solo mode gets released, I'll probably just play that.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Got my first win today. This game is awesome. Most of the battle royale stuff that has come out post-PUBG has felt a bit hacked together, probably because a lot of it has been added to games that weren't built entirely with it in mind. But Apex Legends feels like the first truly new game in the genre, one that has learned from everything that's come before, taken it in some really exciting new directions, cut out a lot of the time-wasting stuff like long pre-match lobbies and slow parachute descents, and focused on communicating every possible thing to the player. It's fantastic and bound to be one of my favorites of 2019, which is incredibly surprising to me because I've been so completely done with the genre for a long time now.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game itself is really solid, really fun to play and I enjoy it a lot..

..When my roll of the dice at the start of the game groups me with other people who actually want to play the game. I'm not about to gripe at being grouped up with bad players because That's Me Actually but I've found a lot of people who frankly I'm not even sure why they loaded up the game at all.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always, GREAT to see a new shooter from Respawn. I'm big a fan of their shooters recipe and will always be there for their shooter games.

Although, i'm not a fan of battle royale games i'm liking this one a lot.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After playing this for about 8 to 10 hours or so I can say just two things about it.

1) It's good. It feels great to play, it's smartly designed and the characters are just different enough to make them feel unique.

2) I don't think that it has any lasting legs in it's current form whatsoever. There's no real progression, the lootboxes are mediocre in general and the costumes you can unlock from them are just boring (this certainly isn't Overwatch), the map is very small and there's only a single mode (which makes sense, but still).

Bit of a shame, but I doubt I'll play a ton more until some updates start hitting.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh: They're adding seasons at the start of March which will bring in a Fortnite style unlock system. That will give people who feel the need to have something to level up what they're after.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Okay, that's cool then and certainly something I'll check out, but I still think it will also need more maps (I know they've said there'll be more, but only a bit farther down the line), modes etc to truly sustain a big player base.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Deathstriker

It seems fine, but definitely unremarkable. The gunplay and powers feel good, but I don't like the graphics (style wise) or the look and feel of the map. The time to kill (TTK) is way too high. They should have a normal/casual mode and a hardcore one like Battlefield used to do, with no armor/shields in the latter. It's more on the Fortnite end of the spectrum in that area and that isn't a good thing to me.

The map lacks variety and it seems like it always boils down to open fields or areas. Sniper rifles aren't rare, but longer ranged scopes are, so of course when it's an open area with no buildings, trees, or other objects the teams with the sniper rifles and long ranged scopes are going to win or have a huge advantage. The map here feels meh, I liked the original PUBG map and the jungle one, the Blackout map feels good when you're in a named location, but in between those areas it feels kinda boring.

I still think Ubisoft should've added the mode to the last Ghost Recon since a lot of the mechanics (shooting, parachuting, vehicles, and big map) are already there. Hopefully Battlefield gets it right, I don't think any of the existing BRs are great. PUBG could be, but it feels awkward ASF on console.

Oddballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hoodcommando:

This game has no horses or tumble-dryers. Very disappointing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: I tend to run into a fair share of “Dans” in my random groupings. I’ll get shot up and fall back to spectating only to see my team not even reacting to my death because they’re busy looting - something that is even more frustrating when you’re a good 10 minutes into the game and by now should have everything necessary to proceed.

The health people have in the downed state is ridiculous though and this needs to be changed going forward. You shouldn’t have to reload while in the process of finishing off a downed player is all in saying.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: completely disagree. Having to reload to kill a downed player is fine. It's the risk reward of shooting at them or using a finisher on them. It also makes you vulnerable to the downed players teammates whilst you are doing it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Humanity

@frodobaggins: What is the risk reward here exactly? The finishers themselves offer very little reward apart from a fun animation - but there I get it. Shooting a downed player should be the quick and dirty way of getting rid of them. In general every game where a down but not out mechanic had been introduced it always served as a very fragile state. Once I parachuted into the same area as another squad and got into a fist fight with another player. Once I downed them it took three melee hits to finally kill them off which combined with the clunky melee is a LOT. The respawn mechanic already offers you a second lease on life, the down shield and time to kill in that state are unnecessary. It just leads to plenty of games where you don’t actually get kills.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: the fact that a downed enemy takes resources to kill (time, ammo) is an absolute stroke of genius game design.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frodobaggins: How so? I just don't see what is great about even further prolonging the time to kill in a game where very often you engage in one active encounter per 15 minute match.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: if you downed an enemy and then simply killed them for free there would be no tug of war with the enemy squad. The fact that killing a downed enemy takes time is a very deliberate decision.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Humanity

@humanity: if you downed an enemy and then simply killed them for free there would be no tug of war with the enemy squad. The fact that killing a downed enemy takes time is a very deliberate decision.

I don't know if linking Tweets works on the new site or not (it used to on the old one) but this is kind of what I'm talking about. The tug of war happens each time you engage another player in a gunfight. This wasn't me rushing into the middle of a firefight to greedily get a kill. This was me one on one with another guy and dumping one shotgun blast and two melee hits into him.

Also as a bonus check out my teammate happily running past me and off into the distance.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I saw your video and this is EXACTLY what I like about it. It took you time to kill that guy. It was a decision you had to make and you made the wrong one. You should have instead made sure the area was secure and the downed players teammates were dealt with. If you Insta kill a downed opponent this doesn't become a factor and removes a tactical component, the enemy is simply dead and now it's 3vs2.

soybomb43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first Battle Royale game I've gotten into and a big part of that is, as someone who is Bad At Shooters, I'm still able to be competent in other areas and use my abilities to support the teammates who are better at it. I tend to pick Gibraltar (made easier because basically no one picks him) and be the frontline/navigator, able to throw a shield down if I get ambushed.

The non-verbal communication is vital though I wish there were a few barks that weren't directional, I feel like a pest spamming the "let's go here" but I don't know how else to communicate "guys we're way outside the circle and we need to get moving now". Also the training is nice but very incomplete. Why can you only do it as Lifeline?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frodobaggins: Different strokes for different folks I suppose. MY decision was that in this small enclosed space protected from all sides I would be quickly able to eliminate one squad member. Having played more of the game I now realize that it's best to down someone and then just leave them be as a lure, but it's not part of the game that I enjoy since kills count for a lot more than downs.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really counter intuitive to see a helpless opponent and the correct choice most the time be 'Ignore them, pick on someone my own size.'

If they wanted you to be tough in that state it should be more dependent on the equipment you've picked up. Instead you are durable by default and just get more so.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By FrodoBaggins

@humanity: yeah sure, some people will like it others won't. I just like the added depth it adds to the tug of war battle between squads with downed guys.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By handlas

Anyone else got this issue (I'm on Xbox):

When I first start up the game and I can't hit the button to "Sign In"? I have to quit out and restart to make it work every time.

As for the tweet above about downed enemies being hard to kill. Not to sound like an a-hole..but you literally missed 3 of those shots and only hit him once. 1-2 shotgun blasts to a downed person takes them out unless they have a knockdown shield of course.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas: Not at all, you are absolutely right that I missed a fair bit of those shots. Thats said, when he was already down, I definitely hit him once with a close range shotgun hit and with at least one melee hit, which to me should be plenty.

As for the Sign In thing that happened to me once. Typically I turn off my console in the character selection and next time I turn it on I have to sign back in but thats it. Only one time it kept telling me it can't connect and I should check my internet connection and then a game restart solved it. I do typically get a server error message at the end of a match, although it doesn't seem to impact much of anything.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having a really hard time getting any use out of Gibraltar, save for the occasional mortar strike that maybe downs one opponent if I'm lucky. His ADS face shield gets destroyed very quickly, and the bubble shield is extremely noticeable and only seems to have the effect of completely blocking my vision and allowing enemies to charge forward and own me. I'm trying to get a win with every hero but Gibraltar just seems like a perpetual #2 finisher.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nateandrews: he's one of my favorites! I tend to use to bubble to give cover to a downed teammate so I can revive safely. Obviously this doesn't work at close range encounters. His mortar strike has got me a number of kills on pinned down enemies trying to hide in cover.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Humanity

@nateandrews: Another neat trick is to throw down your shield right in the middle of your mortar strike. He is my main hero because the shield does give you that extra bit of shield that can save your life in a gunfight, the mortar is more effective that Bangalores strike and the dome shield as mentioned above is great for safely reviving a downed teammate without the fear of getting picked off by a sniper.

Honestly I'm not sure why people are always so keen on Wraith because her portal ultimate seems kind of pointless. Going invisible is neat but it's also fairly obvious. But hey we all have our favorites, I'm just happy so few people actually choose Gibraltar.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: @frodobaggins: Just had some mild success with him in a couple matches tonight! My squad came under fire in a tight canyon and I was able to completely block their fire with the shield while we healed up. Starting to see its benefits in combat a bit more.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I came around on this game in a big way. I was mostly so-so on it the first few days but now that I understand it I've racked up about 8 wins since Friday. Lifeline is so damn OP and so is the Peacekeeper. It's great.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: her ult is great for getting the team across of open areas, flanking and just generally moving around the map faster. It's super situational but when you have a good wraith player it makes a difference

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: the best use I've seen for Wraiths ult is to set up flank ambushes on enemy squads.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is AWESOME.