Feature Request: Include Transparent Show Artwork in the API

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I realise this is probably the worst time of the year for feature requests, but what the hell. Is there any chance you could expose the awesome transparent show artwork? I'm probably not the only dev who could make really good use of it. Thanks!

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, just wondering if anyone looked into the feasibility of this?

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

@conmulligan: My understanding is that it's the show logo zoomed and blurred out with a little CSS color magic on top.

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4 frobie  Staff

@conmulligan The video_show(s) endpoint should now include a logo image that is the transparent show artwork. Note that not all shows have a logo image.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By conmulligan

Thanks @frobie, can't wait to take advantage of this! Totally understand that the data might be a bit patchy, but shouldn't be an issue because we can always fall back to the opaque image. Just on that, I noticed a couple of quirks with how the API handles missing logos:

(1) For most of the shows that don't have a logo, the API returns an array type instead of null or an empty image structure:

"logo": []

This will likely be an issue for JSON parsers with strict typing.

(2) Some of the shows without a logo don't return an empty array, but rather an image structure with null URLs:

"logo": {

"icon_url": null,

"medium_url": null,

}

I think ideally the "logo" value would just be null if the logo doesn't exist, but the main thing is that it's consistent between shows.

Thanks again!

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By conmulligan

Looks even better than I'd hoped! :D

No Caption Provided