$775 Million Dollars

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#151  Edited By eroticfishcake

I completely missed this podcast thanks to my shitty internet. But 775 million sounds pretty silly alright. 

What's with the <>?

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@eroticfishcake said:
" I completely missed this podcast thanks to my shitty internet. But 775 million sounds pretty silly alright.  What's with the <>? "
its the plumbob from the sims. It was used on the podcast to represent the discussion was getting off topic.
chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By chewii101

<>

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By eroticfishcake
@arab_prince: Ah right. I just saw a picture earlier on with all the lads doing the plumbob with their hands. Sounds like a "You had to be there" sort of joke. Ah well, cheers for clearing that up.
groovygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#156  Edited By groovygamer

any "journalist" that doesn't know irregardless isn't a word, should find other work,
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By pwnasaurus

<>

zonerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By zonerover
@TheGremp said:

" @zonerover said:

dyscalculia is not a term most people know off the top of their head.  

Funnily enough, she doesn't know it off the top of her head either.  At first, she said she had a Meth impairment or something.  Also on an unrelated note, I just can't stand the way she over-enunciates, in order to sound like an intelligent journalist.  Anyone else notice that? "
She said she had a math impairment and someone on the panel (I think it was Jeff) thought she said meth impairment. So in case that doesn't make it obvious, math impairment = dyscalculia. The meth thing was a simple hearing issue with all the commotion happening over mixing up the numbers.

@PeasForFees said:

" @zonerover said:

"  Earlier I said this:

I have to admit, I tried to defend Leigh Alexander here, but the $775 million statement is undefendable. I know Riannah and Tony Hawk are expensive gigs, but that amount of money would probably be higher than the net worth of all the talent in the Staples Centre, plus the Staples Centre itself. 

Above all the commotion of the comment, I believe Leigh did say that she had dyscalculia. Obviously if you have that there is a clear reason why you could mix up $775,000,000 and $7,500,000. I guess she could have just been saying it to cover up for her mistake, but I'm a trusting person and dyscalculia is not a term most people know off the top of their head. This joke is always going to be one of those inside jokes on Giant Bomb from now on, but I just thought I'd provide a little perspective before we all get too carried away with it. "
Or it could be in the same vein as people who call themselves mentally retarded when they do something wrong / silly . Take into account also that she runs a "website" which is about business and is heavily involved in the numbers surrounding. She also explicitly produces statements such as 'Do the math' multiple times and attempts to "correct" Ryan when he said 'unregardless', with 'irregardless' , when both are made up words and the correct statement is 'regardless'. Due to the nature of her "work" I would be surprised if she was mentally disabled in any way and if she is I would pose questions on  whether she should be commenting / "reporting" on the finances of any company. "
There's no denying that she could have been claiming the "I'm such a retard" line due to the stupid mix-up, but even when you're drunk, who would under normal circumstances confuse $7.75 million with $775 million. Certainly dyscalculia is an explanation for that confusion.

However, I would say that going to the next step and saying that Leigh shouldn't be running/commenting/reporting a website about business because of this misses the point. Should we say to certain accountants that they should step aside because they couldn't predict the global financial crisis? Just because someone is incapable of doing something at one moment in time doesn't mean that they can't accomplish the task in another context. I have to admit that I don't read much of Leigh Alexander's work, but I'm sure it's competent. Otherwise she wouldn't be a news director.

Keep in mind this has nothing to do with some of the comments she made during the night. Obviously saying 'do the math' was the wrong thing to do when her argument had nothing to do with numbers.
beatlebrainiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By beatlebrainiac
@zonerover: You forgot the <> at the end.
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Wait, dyscalculia is an actual disability? I thought she made it up as a joke. It's kind of sad how something as mundane as not having a good head for numbers can be considered a 'mental disorder' now. Now all that's left is for some pharmaceutical giant to sell drugs that supposedly suppress it to worried parents.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#161  Edited By Jost1
@SuperfluousMoniker said:
" Wait, dyscalculia is an actual disability? I thought she made it up as a joke. It's kind of sad how something as mundane as not having a good head for numbers can be considered a 'mental disorder' now. Now all that's left is for some pharmaceutical giant to sell drugs that supposedly suppress it to worried parents. "
Dude it's the mathematical equivalent of dyslexia, it's a legitimate disorder. Whether she has it or not, who knows.
DarkS29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#162  Edited By DarkS29

<> and that was e3

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Ok so I'm up to 2 hours into the livestream and all I have to say it Leigh has been nothing but kind and apologetic even though she didn't really need to be. For the first full hour of the podcast she was very restrained and barely interjected at all and yeah she made a pretty big mistake on calling out $775 million but everyone has those moments after a few drinks.

Those of you still attacking her how about you stop and think for a moment before acting like a total asshole.

Thatoneguy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Thatoneguy64
@CH3BURASHKA said:

" She meant 7.75M, as Ryan confirmed later on.  Haters gonna hate... "

Which would be fine and dandy if she weren't on Twitter later saying things like:  
"  ps: if the staples center costs $300 million to rent for the night, and you add in the cost of eminem et al -- who's wrong here? SRSLY MATH."
http://twitter.com/leighalexander/status/16452267206     

or 

"  @SIGGY_P COUNT IT, KID. $345 MILLION TO RENT THE STAPLES CENTER + EMINEM ET AL + BOOZE + PYROTECHNICS" 
http://twitter.com/leighalexander/status/16452654958  

At this point I don't even care how she was on the bombcast!  She went over people, everything, and that was annoying but I dealt with it.  The issue I -- and I think the community at large as well -- am having is the way she is handling the backlash.  Look at last year: She apologized, everything was fine.  But this year?  She makes it about her sex, she continually responds to the trolls calling them kids or mocking the complainers because she's at E3 and they aren't.  Instead of taking the high road like last year she had decided to go even lower than those offering complaints, while at the same time claiming the high road and playing the sex card.  Hell, she even admits that she's wrong about $775 on the bombcast and then INSISTS that she's right on twitter later! 
A simple google search for "Activision E3 party million" would have shown her that the rumors were $6-7 million, not $600-$700... 

At this point my issue with Leigh stands with her reaction to the backlash, not with what actually even caused the backlash in the first place.  She has handled it completely unprofessionally, and if she had merely apologized for her behavior (like last year) then all of this would have ended.  Instead, she continually argues with those who contact her which only draws things out.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#165  Edited By toowalrus

<>

I just watched the live stream. It wasn't that bad, she was loud and rude, but not to an unbearable degree like I had assumed based on all of the comments on that video, plus it was the first Bombcast with visual boobs, so it's alright in my book. I found the part where Paul shot down her 775 Million dollar figure thoroughly entertaining.

drakattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By drakattack
@gunslingerNZ said:
" Ok so I'm up to 2 hours into the livestream and all I have to say it Leigh has been nothing but kind and apologetic even though she didn't really need to be. For the first full hour of the podcast she was very restrained and barely interjected at all and yeah she made a pretty big mistake on calling out $775 million but everyone has those moments after a few drinks.  Those of you still attacking her how about you stop and think for a moment before acting like a total asshole. "
WHITE KNIGHTS DON'T GET PUSSY. JUS' SAYIN.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@drakattack said:
" @gunslingerNZ said:
" Ok so I'm up to 2 hours into the livestream and all I have to say it Leigh has been nothing but kind and apologetic even though she didn't really need to be. For the first full hour of the podcast she was very restrained and barely interjected at all and yeah she made a pretty big mistake on calling out $775 million but everyone has those moments after a few drinks.  Those of you still attacking her how about you stop and think for a moment before acting like a total asshole. "
WHITE KNIGHTS DON'T GET PUSSY. JUS' SAYIN. "
Of course they do, especially from women who seem as narcissistic as Leigh Alexander.
Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#168  Edited By Korne

By far, the most chaotic bombcast ever... thank Leigh

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#169  Edited By one_2nd
@JJOR64 said:
"
No Caption Provided
"  

that's million bucks? lawl I'm gonna go follow that kid. 
thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By thegoldencat7

Out of his depth here.
Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Vextroid

<> 

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@drakattack said:
" @gunslingerNZ said:
Assholes don't get pussy...because they're assholes. Only someone who treats the internet as their real life would mistake that for "white knighting", what a lazy way to defend your shitty behaviour.
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#173  Edited By tebbit
@AjayRaz said:
" @JJOR64 said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
i have no idea why i laughed so much at that "
It's amazing to me that trophyhunter went on to become a respectable member of society.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By ryanwho
@gunslingerNZ:
This is a joke thread, be a hero somewhere else. We don't need 5 pages of you explaining yourself. "Whatever, not like I care you silly children-" Yeah no, you can stop right there, guy at a game forum.
drakattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By drakattack
@gunslingerNZ said:
" @drakattack said:
" @gunslingerNZ said:
Assholes don't get pussy...because they're assholes. Only someone who treats the internet as their real life would mistake that for "white knighting", what a lazy way to defend your shitty behaviour. "
Assholes get more pussy than anyone. Nice guys finish last. It might suck, but it's totally true.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By CL60
@SuperfluousMoniker said:
" Wait, dyscalculia is an actual disability? I thought she made it up as a joke. It's kind of sad how something as mundane as not having a good head for numbers can be considered a 'mental disorder' now. Now all that's left is for some pharmaceutical giant to sell drugs that supposedly suppress it to worried parents. "
I suppose you think dyslexia is a joke mental disorder also...
chogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By chogi
@drakattack said:
" @gunslingerNZ said:
" @drakattack said:
" @gunslingerNZ said:
Assholes don't get pussy...because they're assholes. Only someone who treats the internet as their real life would mistake that for "white knighting", what a lazy way to defend your shitty behaviour. "
Assholes get more pussy than anyone. Nice guys finish last. It might suck, but it's totally true. "
true. nice guys can't be in our gang.

<>
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@drakattack:   
Pussies think everyone can get along and dicks just wanna fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes, and all the assholes want is to shit all over everything. So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit. 
Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Mrskidders

Morons

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By ryanwho
@Mrskidders said:

"  Playing drunk scrabble in the mothertouching garden. More fun than kicking badgers in the head.   "

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Mrskidders
@ryanwho: Yep
Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@CL60:  I never said that, but it is a bit of a disturbing trend when anything someone is not good at is considered a medical condition. Have shitty handwriting? No, it's not your fault, you've just got dysgraphia! Can't pay attention to anything? ADHD! Trouble grasping concepts during lecture? You're just a visual learner!

I'm not doubting that these conditions exist, but at a certain level they exist as boxes for people to put themselves in when they feel they are inadequate. It makes them a victim and removes fault. But don't get mad or blame me for saying this, I have Anonymous Internet Asshole Syndrome.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By RE_Player1

Leigh Twiiter update:  getting lots of advice on how to change my personality and be normal from a legion of internet users flipping out about a podcast. IRONY!

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185  Edited By Shadow

Shoopadoop
 Shoopadoop

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By RE_Player1

No Caption Provided
FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#187  Edited By FrankWeidner
@RE_Player92 said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Did you put this up? This is brilliant.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By RE_Player1
@GilbertMordinAndSullivan: i wish, i just found it
drakattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By drakattack
@gunslingerNZ said:
" @drakattack:    Pussies think everyone can get along and dicks just wanna fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes, and all the assholes want is to shit all over everything. So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit.  "
Brilliant. You sir/mam have earned my respect.
solidussnake03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By solidussnake03

<>

lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By lafigueroa

Did I just see a thread full of users throw up the diamond? 
I did, didn't I?
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Red12b
@gunslingerNZ said:
" @drakattack:    Pussies think everyone can get along and dicks just wanna fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes, and all the assholes want is to shit all over everything. So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit.  "
Best response in all of this.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By ryanwho
@RE_Player92 said:
" Leigh Twiiter update:  getting lots of advice on how to change my personality and be normal from a legion of internet users flipping out about a podcast. IRONY! "
Keep talking. Milk that cow. You'll never be more relevant.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Red12b
@lafigueroa said:
" Did I just see a thread full of users throw up the diamond? I did, didn't I? "
<> 
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Red12b
@TooWalrus said:
" <>  I just watched the live stream. It wasn't that bad, she was loud and rude, but not to an unbearable degree like I had assumed based on all of the comments on that video, plus it was the first Bombcast with visual boobs, so it's alright in my book. I found the part where Paul shot down her 775 Million dollar figure thoroughly entertaining. "
Out of his pocket, What is the gravity of the planet that your sources are on?!  

That guy is just fucking amazing.  

I just want to ask a question, why is the white knight label being thrown around? 
Who is really defending her behaviour? She was rude to the people who she called her heroes, that she looked up to in college, so that isn't really defend-able, but that doesn't warrant threads saying "Why is the crackwhore back" and users saying "fuck that bitch" and put a bag over her head.  

That isn't defend-able either, people were being absolute wankers, and it wasn't warranted. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By ryanwho

You're desperate to keep your tantrum going. Your response had nothing at all to do with what you quoted.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#197  Edited By poser

ahh. You're avatar is freaking me out.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By JoeyIA

<>

Dpower94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Dpower94
@Red12b said:
" @lafigueroa said:
" Did I just see a thread full of users throw up the diamond? I did, didn't I? "
<>  "
<>
chogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By chogi
@Dpower94 said:
" @Red12b said:
" @lafigueroa said:
<>  "
<> "
<>