Great overlooked campaigns?

• 121 results
innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Syndicate (2012). Played it for the first time last year and it holds up as long as you keep in mind that Titanfall and CoD: Advanced Warfare were due in two years time.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bybeach

Staying close to what I believe the thread tittle wants, I would agree with @civilizedworm about the Shadow Warrior series. For story, I respected what the first remake tried to do. I found the gameplay especially fun in the second.

I'm going to enter The Surge.I admit I am right at the very end before the final boss, and I don't feel like finishing it. But I feel it is if anything, an honest Dark Souls-like, with a perhaps a not overly original story that's told decently and gets pretty interesting in the last third of the game. The gameplay can be demanding in that one way I can be good, if I try. Recognizing patterns and gearing yourself up the best you can. I hope they open up the setting at least in The Surge 2. At least they were a little more nuanced than; Corporation = Bad. I have always been a proponent of the maxim; The Devil is in the details. And human nature.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- The Witcher
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Prey (2017)
  • The Punisher (2005)
  • No One Lives Forever 1 & 2
  • Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
  • Ninja Five-0
BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By BaneFireLord

Echoing a lot of posts in here, Prey (2017) is fan-fucking-tastic. It's such a shame it got pretty much ignored last year because of its buggy launch. Some of the strongest art design, worldbuilding, and player agency in the modern AAA space. One of the only story-heavy games I can think of in the modern era that lets you kill every NPC and adapts accordingly.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@csl316 said:

Asura's Wrath and its DLC are absolutely incredible. It might've been brushed aside as dumb anime action because of that giant dude and QTE's, but it had a ton of heart. And giant stuff. That true ending DLC contains some of the most memorable stuff I've ever seen in a game.

Also, Zone of the Enders 2 has been lost to time for far too long. The first game was so short and simple that I'm afraid a lot of people didn't give the second one a shot. It was a much larger game, with a thoughtful story full of well-paced sequences and some of Kojima's most affecting moments. I'm super glad about the upcoming rerelease, although the PS3 version of the HD collection was patched to run perfectly (not on 360, though).

I seem to remember Brad talking a lot about Asura's Wrath when it came out, in a very positive light.

A lot of my answers seem to have already been mentioned. Resistance 3 is one of them - that's a real good shooter where the first one was merely OK and the second one was total garbage.

Prey 2017 didn't get much attention either. Dan said something to the tune of "yeah, I was enjoying it but then I put it down for a week and didn't feel like coming back". I thought Prey was pretty great. The last minute twist ending wasn't so hot, but whatever, the rest of it was real good.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#78  Edited By NTM

I don't know if I have an answer, but yeah I'm disappointed that I didn't play Resistance 3. I have no idea why I didn't get it honestly. It looked great. Oh, maybe it's because it came out and I didn't have a job then, so I couldn't buy it. I was thinking about Resistance 3 yesterday as I looked at my PS3 actually. I know some disliked two, but I have a fond memory of playing through it as my brother played through Gears of War 2 in another room, and we hit the credits of both games at the same time. I wanted to play Gears of War 2 first, so I was a bit bummed, but I still liked Resistance and two was a good game to me. Hmm. It'd be pretty cool if they put out the Resistance trilogy on PS4. The first one had fun co-op. The PSP game was decent too.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@justin258: Resistance 3 was so surprisingly good. Loved that campaign and it's consistently something I feel like I should revisit.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By wcarle
Loading Video...

test embed

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is probably the fifth time I write something about the Resistance 3 here, but it was definitely a good game and easily the best one out of the trilogy. I’d gladly play it again if there was an easy way to play it on PS4.

I enjoyed Stick It To The Man quite a lot. Would’ve probably slipt past me almost completely, if it hadn’t been a monthly PS+ game at one point.