I have to say this: Bombcast is too long

MegaMagick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By MegaMagick

I really don't get why this thing has to be 2 1/2 hours per episode during the slowest  gaming period of the year. I unsubcribed to ListenUp, GiantBomb, and RebelFM, about 2 weeks ago and i recently got back into GiantBomb and they are still talking about games like fallout 3 or whatever 2 or 3 month old game they've decided to get back into. I think if they can cut it down to 1:30:00 or less per episode i'd be pretty happy. I don't really appreciate the off-topic randomness filler crap that they have on the podcast nowadays, they're always at their best when they're making fun of games(see: G.I joe: rise of cobra, 50 cent blood on the sand), and giving us their non-bs opinions on recent gaming news. I guess i'll have to just stick with the CO-OP show for now, until the major release season comes around.

Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By Tonic7

I understand where you're coming from, but I find that listening in 30 minute chunks over the course of the week works out really well. Keep the bombcast how it is, in my opinion.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#203  Edited By L33tfella_H

I Listen to podcasts usually when i'm playing games, Works for me, especially when i play games like FFTA2 or FFXII(currently playing), since there's not really much that i have to focus on in those games, i just tune-in to music/podcasts while playing the game on mute.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#204  Edited By FCKSNAP
@Gorillawhat said:
" I listen to the Bombcast at work, and the longer the better.
You think 2 hours of the Bombcast is bad. Try listening to 2 hours of LIstenUP, that shit is terrible.
"
It's sad. ListenUp is not as good as 1UPYours. It's like Luke and Shane carried the weight of the show's weekly personality.
Still, it's better than what it was originally. I'm sorry but Jane Pinckard and her crew just had zero personality what-so-ever.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By c1337us

Since theirs is the only podcast I listen to I find 2 hours is great. If I dont finish it all in one hit I can finish listening later. But mostly I find time to listen to it all in one hit.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#206  Edited By Griddler

I listen to one a day! I'm going through the old ones now, I just listen while walking around the house and shizzle

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

As I read most of the post for this thread, a lot of people are way too obsesses with the BombCast. 

Every time when someone makes the sight criticism to the podcast, it result to an attack by telling that user to "fuck off.'"  It's official, Giantbomb is perfect, anyone who thinks differently about this site, will be viewed as an asshole who should be  told to 'fuck off'  by fanboys.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#208  Edited By yakov456

The Bombcast is great. Again my only gripe would be that some of them tend to talk way too softly and they trail off to a low mumble, drives me nuts. Get close on that mic.

Lost_In_Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Lost_In_Gaming

I have to agree.  I used to like the randomness of the topics, but now I find it neccesarry to skip about 20-25 mins into the podcast to actually get to gaming news/talk.

ConciseCabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By ConciseCabbage

the bombcast lasts me the entire week... I love it

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

Got my 360 hooked up to my PC now so I just listen to the podcast while I play. 2 hours is perfect.

thepantheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By thepantheon

IT IS IN NO WAY LONG AT ALL.
if you're a fan, you love hearing from brad vinny jeff and ryan and essentially want them to go on for as long as they can.

two hours is great. dont shorten it!

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#213  Edited By Jeffsekai

Two hrs is perfect for me. make it longer if anything

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#214  Edited By jNerd

That's because you're one of those contrived people who can't just sit & listen to it. Play it on your 360 or something while you game. You don't have to be jogging or @ the gym (or work) to listen to a podcast.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#215  Edited By WickedCobra03

I personally like the 2 hour format.  If they cut it to an hour it would totally feel chopped and edited.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By xplodedd

i agree its a bit too long.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#217  Edited By floodiastus

Could be longer for all I care. Currently im downloading backlogs for my 8 hour car trips from and too vacation. But when im playing any MMORPG, giantbombcast is ownage to have in the background when killing orcs :D 

But man, give these guys some more drugs, wasnt there a podcast where ryan was stoned... I kind of remember a kickass bombcast from back then hehe

cantona222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By cantona222

Well,
I listen to Bombcast = 2 hrs
                 Listen Up = 2 hrs
                 Game Scoop (Ign.com) = 1-1.5 horse
                 and several podcasts from IGN every week.        A total of more than 7 hours of podcasts. That's because I commute to work and go to the gym daily (almost :P). Podcasts made me stop listening to music a long time ago.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By harrisonave
@velt: If you can't find two hours to just LISTEN to something... something is terribly wrong.
Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Butchio

bombcasts are awesome... end of

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Kohe321

I've said it before in this thread, but seing as it has resurfaced I will repeat it: The bombcast has a PERFECT length. Do not fix what isn't broken.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#222  Edited By JoelTGM

You can't spare 2 hours in one week?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kou_Leifoh said:
" As I read most of the post for this thread, a lot of people are way too obsesses with the BombCast. 

Every time when someone makes the sight criticism to the podcast, it result to an attack by telling that user to "fuck off.'"  It's official, Giantbomb is perfect, anyone who thinks differently about this site, will be viewed as an asshole who should be  told to 'fuck off'  by fanboys. "
Agreed. If anyone offers the slightest bit of friendly criticism, everyone then proceeds to tell them how pathetic they are. Guess what, even though Giant Bomb is my favorite site, it's not perfect. The people of Giant Bomb are normal guys, not saints.
JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#224  Edited By JamesF

If anything, it's too short.

MikPick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By MikPick

I love the length of the Bombcast. I only listen to it when I'm not doing anything else so I can concentrate. So 20 to 30 minutes a night lying in bed with it playing on my iPod is great, and tends to last the entire week.

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#226  Edited By KillerFly

I listen to like 10 different podcasts in a week, and i still find time to listen to each giant bombcast two or three times.

Thirdbeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Thirdbeat

The pod cast is not to long at all and all the random stuff is awesome

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#228  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Two hours is great. Would prefer longer even.  

PRO TIP: Listen to podcasts when you do boring stuff. Like doing the dishes, working out, cleaning your home, etc. It's great, just let your body do those boring manual tasks and let your mind escape into the world of t-rex's fighting grizzlys.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#229  Edited By Tuggah
@Jeffsekai: twelve day podcasts!
Ken420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Ken420

If it were shorter, this thread would have been titled "Bombcast is too short!".    Personally, it's just the right amount of time.  If it's too long for you, find another (albeit less entertaining) game podcast.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#231  Edited By Griddler

I love long podcasts, and if I can't listen to it all in one go then I'll pause it and pick it up later

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Why the fuck do people keep bumping this thread? It's the same shit that's already been said a bunch of times over - "I LOVE ME SOME FUCKING BOMBCAST, THE AMOUNT OF TIME IS PERFRECT!!!!!!!! . . . . . . AND I ALSO DISAGREE WITH THE OP.

DickasaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By DickasaurusRex

You're insane. And possibly an idiot.

supalink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#234  Edited By supalink

I enjoy 2 hrs, I actually wish it was longer.. there's so many hours in the week to idle & you might as well be listening to a podcast instead.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I would listen to the Bombcast if it was 2 hundred hours long.

PSUDude66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By PSUDude66

I like the length, one hour during lunch, and the other hour for the commute home

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#237  Edited By sjschmidt93

This thread still going strong huh?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I have to say this: This thread is too long.

(You can stop throwing tomatoes at me now)

j1m3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By j1m3n7

If only it were 7 and a half hours long, I could listen to it for a full day at work :D

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By mattbosten

The crew's random talk is what makes the bombcast enjoyable for me, it adds personality.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two hours is the best length

CrimsonSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By CrimsonSnake

The longer the better, I listen to podcasts while I do my university work and I go through about 10 podcasts a week without the podcasts I would be bored to death. I just wish podcast IGN Beyond  was 2 hours as well, as it's my second favorite gaming podcast after the bombcast.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By unsolvedparadox

2 hours is good, I'm actually up for more as I usually listen to podcasts in chunks rather than 1 sitting.

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By whyzenheimer

First of all, why the fuck is this thread still going?

The Bombcast is as long as the Bombcast is.  "There is too much of the thing I like, and everything should be tailor-made to fit my schedule" is not even worth discussing.

Listen to it in parts, don't listen to it, listen to it underwater, listen to it in the middle of the street so you can't hear the bus coming.  

Who.. fucking.. cares?

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Quacktastic

If you want it to last an hour, why not turn it off after an hour?
It's not a book or a movie with a story you have to follow its just a good time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say this topic backfired severely on velt..

Ken420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Ken420

I love the length of the podcast, its perfect for having on in the background while grinding hard achievements.  This is the main problem I have with the OP's post...

"Maybe it works for a lot of people but for me it just feels stretched."  

Correct me if I'm wrong but the podcast working for most people, is NOT a problem.  Obviously it works for a lot of people.  If not, nobody would listen and I'm sure they wouldn't do a podcast if people weren't listening at all.  

I'm getting tired of these non-constructive posts that bring nothing to the table but cheese & whine... whether it be "OMG GAIZ ENDURANCE RUN IS TEW LONG!!!!!111"  or stuff like this.  Giant Bomb is doing unique things that go against the grain and for that I think most of us are appreciative.  If it's too long for you, listen to it in shorter bursts or don't listen at all, it's quite simple.

Keep it to yourself or at the very least come up with something more constructive than "I dont have 2 hours to spare a week, so shorten it for me even though I know mostly everyone likes it."   Don't poop on the majority's fun.  

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Branthog

I think it's just fine and wouldn't mind even more. They should be as long as they need to be. If there's more to talk about (even randomness), then talk about it. If there's not, then don't. As long as they keep the self-important people who stomp all over the hosts' comments off the podcast, I'm happy to listen. Hell, I'd actually pay a couple bucks a month to subscribe to the podcast the way it is right now. Also, they should have video versions. Even if it's just them kicking it on a sofa or around a table.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Branthog
@systech said:
" It's certainly perfect for me because I'm sixteen and I have to walk a couple miles to get to town. I can usually get through a whole episode in that amount of time. "
You walk one mile an hour? :)
TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#250  Edited By TheAdmin

I don't want to alarm the OP - but they invented this thing called a "pause" button. So you can listen to it on your own time. It's not like the podcast is live. 

in all seriousness, that's what I do - listen to it in chunks throughout the day. Two hours rocks - give me more even. 

and like I always say: More Jeff Yelling!