Please no more Starcraft minute. PLEASE!

• 196 results
frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#151  Edited By frankxiv

what a bunch of whiny shits. who cares what they talk about? i haven't played like 90% of the games they've discussed, doesn't stop me from enjoying the podcast when they talk about them. 

and this week you're especially off because he's talking about TRAVEL, pretty much nothing he said is some kind of insider shit only people who play starcraft would know about. it's the same as if they had gone anywhere else for any other reason and wanted to talk about their trip.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By audiosnag
@ThatFrood said:
" this whole thread makes me sad "
Now look what you've done! You made Frood sad! I hope you're all proud of yourselves  >:-(
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By CptBedlam
@Depressing_Wizard said:

" @CptBedlam: I don't understand what I've said that states that most of the people who listen to the podcast hate Starcraft and Starcraft-related discussion. Go read my second comment where I clarify what I meant by alienation -- it was a completely reasonable thing to state. There's no way that most of the people listening to the Bombcast are on-going Starcraft 2 players. I know that you and I aren't Starcraft 2 players, so in some ways we are being alienated. Sure, I know what build-orders are now, but there's no way I'm going to understand everything Brad says.   "

Okay, I'll explain it to you for the second time now because somehow you refuse to comprehend this:  this is not about how many listeners play SC2. There is absolutely no direct correlation between games people play and games people like to hear about. I didn't play most of the games that get discussed on the bombcast but I enjoy the crew talking about basically all of them. Hell, I even prefer them talking about games I didn't play.

Anyway, even you can see that you're in the minority with this. Deal with it and let the crew talk about stuff they enjoy talking about.
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I'd take the SC2 minute over the 2 part Bombcast consisting of nothing but Brotherhood and Black Ops they seemed to have this week. Admittedly they don't do that often often, but damn when they do it kinda sucks especially when its 2 games I couldn't care for.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#155  Edited By goodwood

Its not like they didnt talk about fable 2 and fallout 3 for over a year past their release. Oh wait they did , and it was good times.

stevieq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156  Edited By stevieq

I concur with most of the folks before me. Even though I've never touched the game I though the latest segment about the bananas-crazy stuff going on in Korea absolutely fascinating. In case you missed it, Starcraft is kind of a big deal, and when one of the crew gets flown out to a different continent just to watch the final match of a video game tournament, I want to hear about it.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#157  Edited By benpack

You don't like the two best parts of the show?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By RsistncE
@Jhriad said:
"I'd be willing to be the majority of the folks that purchased the game have moved onto other things, we are in the fall release season after all, and even among the people that care about Starcraft a minority gives a crap about the Korean tournies."
You clearly know nothing about Starcraft players.
JamesValdes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By JamesValdes

I agree video games are terrible! I am also incredibly disgusted by Alex Navarro. Keep both of these things out of the Bombcast, please.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#160  Edited By fjordson

More Starcraft II in my opinion. More, more, more!

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By mazik765

I enjoy both those segments. Fast forward if it bothers you.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#162  Edited By Brendan

I feel sometimes like I might be the most easy going member at this site.  I always read so much complaining about things GB does that don't happen to fall in people specific interest ranges.  I don't play Starcraft or RTS's but I find the talk very interesting, and I think it's cool that Brad tried something new by going to Korea.  I don't care as much for JRPG's anymore but I still found Matt Kesslers quicklook fascinating.  I don't play any Dsi Ware releases but I find Jeff funny, and the zany excuses for games interesting.  I used to think this site had more individuals that were fans of gaming in general and all it's facets, but like many times in my life I find myself wrong. 

Blue5hift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Blue5hift

There can never be enough Starcraft.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Brendan
@ryanwho:
Y'know, for someone who called me out as being "cold-hearted" when I talked smack to a dude was such an ass he literally got banned in less than a day, you certainly have an insane amount of inflammatory and insulting posts.  Why don't you just write with more civility rather than inviting flame wars between you and half a dozen users in so many threads? 
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By MrKlorox

The problem with skipping is that there are no time flags.

Snowboarder75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Snowboarder75

I want to see the video of that training house and the size of the rice cooker.  

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#167  Edited By Levio

There's only one way to settle this debate.

You gonna play as T, P, or Z?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Scooper

How can you complain about 2 or 3 minutes of a 2 and a half hour podcast.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#169  Edited By Sin4profit

competitive Star Craft intimidates me..dunno if i'll ever get into it but Brad's Startcraft talk is fascinating to me.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By bybeach

I skipped ahead in the bombast. I am looking forward to the vids. Very much so. Kind of the way it works for me.

Avatar image for depressing_wizard
Depressing_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CptBedlam
Settle down, cowboy. It's like you're putting words into my mouth and you're arguing with yourself. Are we even having the same conversation? Let's re-cap, just in case:

Depressing_Wizard:

The biggest problem, though, is that the Starcraft talk is using up podcast time that could be used to discuss topics that don't alienate most of the audience.   

Ok, alienating may be a stretch, but you can't tell me there aren't a lot of people out there that don't fully understand Brad's discussions. Why not replace the Starcraft discussion with talk of new games? I don't think anyone would be upset if they returned to the pre-Starcraft style of the Bombcast. 

Depressing_Wizard:

But the odds that the majority of the listeners play Starcraft are slim.    

Why does this matter? If I were to guess, most people would rather listen to conversations about upcoming games. I never said non-Starcraft players can't enjoy Starcraft discussions, but talking about new games would appeal to a bigger group of listeners.  

You're making my comments into way bigger deals than they need to be. The Starcraft talk isn't a huge deal for me, but I'd prefer it if it were gone. If that's not going to happen, I'd like it if Starcraft had its own allotted time and it was time-stamped. No big deal either way.
Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#172  Edited By Mayu_Zane
@DrPockets000 said:
" It's a little known secret that you can click anywhere (that's right!  Anywhere!) on the bombcast's progress bar and it'll skip right to that part, past the other parts you may not find desirable. "
I guess the problem some people have is that they don't know how long the 'undesirable' part is going to last and don't want to spend a few seconds just trying to guess where would be a good spot to continue.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#173  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
@Jhriad said:
" even among the people that care about Starcraft a minority gives a crap about the Korean tournies."
Are you kidding me? The tournament was massive among Starcraft II fans, and anything containing names like Idra, Boxer, and Huq is going to be. Personally I think Jeff's DSi/Wiiware announcements are always funny and I've enjoyed the Starcraft II discussion, although I'll admit that is because I know a certain amount about Starcraft II. Even for those not familiar with the game though I thought the discussion over the tournament this week would be entertaining. Brad wasn't just talking about the players strategies and who did or didn't qualify, he presented to us more of this insane world where for some a single video game becomes their entire life on a professional level, and Starcraft games are treated like huge sporting events. Even if you don't know anything about Starcraft I thought those kinds of concepts were pretty amazing. Still, if you're not that into it, like the other guys said, there's always the option to fast-forward.
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#174  Edited By Tordah

I love hearing about Starcraft.

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#175  Edited By Sanryd

This should have been a poll because I bet there would be a shitload more people who like Brad's "StarCraft II minute" than dislike it. Whether you like it or not, it's not like other games for a lot of people where they completely forget about it 2 weeks after it comes out. There's a major tournament scene that Brad enjoys discussing and if you can't handle skipping/listening to it for 2 minutes out of the 2 and a half hour podcast, maybe you shouldn't be listening at all.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#176  Edited By natetodamax

I enjoyed hearing about the event on this week's podcast. Fascinating stuff.

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By 9cupsoftea
@tdk08 said:
" This should have been a poll because I bet there would be a shitload more people who like Brad's "StarCraft II minute" than dislike it. Whether you like it or not, it's not like other games for a lot of people where they completely forget about it 2 weeks after it comes out. There's a major tournament scene that Brad enjoys discussing and if you can't handle skipping/listening to it for 2 minutes out of the 2 and a half hour podcast, maybe you shouldn't be listening at all. "
I bet a poll would show the opposite. I don't really care, but if given the choice, I would prefer hearing about a wider variety of games than the same ones weekly.
VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By VirtuaXav

If you don't like it, don't listen to it. I don't necessarily like the Starcraft chatter as much as other parts of the show but it makes for good, interesting conversation.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By ryanwho
@Turambar said:

" @ryanwho said:

" @audiosnag said:

" @ryanwho said:

" I agree. I skipped a solid half hour of podcast this week. Time to be a big boy and do your job Brad. Play other games. "

I know, right? Starcraft is such a baby game. "
I think you should take another shot at reading that. Its November, there are more new games this time of year than any other time. So maybe don't spend a half hour on a 4 month old game. Its an opinion. People can have opinions on free samples. If your answer for any negative opinion on something is "you don't have to listen to it asshole" well maybe you shouldn't be hovering around the Bombcast FEEDBACK forum. This isn't rocket science. "
It's a grievance remedied by click something on the screen with one's mouse.  Hence, it's a shitty grievance.  People are allowed to have dumb opinions so long as we can call them dumb.  As for your claim that the SC2 chatter is taking time away from other games they can be talking about, you'll have to point me to where in the podcast Ryan seems to be keeping someone from discussing another game they played over the week. "
He regularly drives conversation forward. Listen, you want a reason to act like a baby, I guess just hover around the feedback forum and give these same answers to every complaint. Cus you clearly don't get the point of this section. Really, your answer for complaints is "dont listen" and your answer for your bitching about other people's opinions is "I'm allowed to have an opinion on dumb opinions"? A little self awareness would go a long way. You've rationalize why other people shouldn't post their opinions and why you're allowed to troll them. Oh internet.
deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By deanoxd

i have always like RTS games from the fringes, i am not especially good at them but for the most part i have always had fun playing them.  So SC 2 was never something i was going to jump into with both feet like a lot of people have, so what i have enjoyed is listening to Brad talk about the game it is good conversation about the game and its many degree's of game play. 

On a personal note i don't listen to the bombcast just here the things i agree with or like i listen because it is a very funny, interesting, informative group of people sitting around discussing the the things they are most passionate about,  without being a bunch of arrogant asshole game press like i find in other podcasts.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#181  Edited By RobotHamster

But if Brad stopped talking about starcraft he'd have no other reason for living.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Cramsy
@blue5hift said:
" There can never be enough Starcraft. "
BombaLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By BombaLuigi

i actually enjoy brads starcraft talk... especially that korea bit about "the house" was quite interesting, and i cant wait for the video...

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Gabriel

Fuck Starcraft, I wanted to hear about Drew's adventures at the DMZ. Wish he would have gone.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By mfpantst
@9cupsoftea said:
" @tdk08 said:
" This should have been a poll because I bet there would be a shitload more people who like Brad's "StarCraft II minute" than dislike it. Whether you like it or not, it's not like other games for a lot of people where they completely forget about it 2 weeks after it comes out. There's a major tournament scene that Brad enjoys discussing and if you can't handle skipping/listening to it for 2 minutes out of the 2 and a half hour podcast, maybe you shouldn't be listening at all. "
I bet a poll would show the opposite. I don't really care, but if given the choice, I would prefer hearing about a wider variety of games than the same ones weekly. "
You should check out the more general 'do you like the bombcast' poll I started.  Looks like you wrong.
fri3drich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By fri3drich

I enjoy Brad's obsession about Starcraft, because it's a game that has a huge following, credibility, drama and character. I just realized how awesome it would have been if Jeff had done the same thing with Street Fighter.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By CastroCasper
@ebritt said:
" I like it, therefore it stays! "
!!!!
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

At least it gives him something to talk about. Brad has always been the weakest link on the podcast. Him blabbering about Starcraft is better than him hardly saying anything. 

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By BraveToaster
@PS3RG said:
" Fast Forward? "
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#190  Edited By Geno

This is nothing. You missed the year where they went on about nothing else except Rock Band and Guitar Hero. 

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#191  Edited By seanbooker

I love the Starcraft section each week even though I have very little interest in Starcraft. It reminds me of the old Fallout 3 section to the podcast and how that game went through each person for about a year. It's great, and I love it.

karmaghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By karmaghost

I dunno about most people, but I listen to the Bombcast to hear the guys of Giant Bomb talk to each other about stuff.  I don't care what that stuff is, I just enjoy it because they all get along so well.  Did anyone ever listen to GFW Radio?  At best, 50% of that podcast was about games and the other 50% (at the very least) was about anything else they felt like talking about.  And that was great, because everybody on that podcast got along really well and they were generally all hilarious. 

So if Ryan asks Brad, "hey Brad; whatcha been playing?" and the answer is "Star Craft 2," so be it.  If the conversation gets stale, they should move on, and that's the case no matter what they're talking about, but I don't mind Brad spending a minute or two out of 120 talking about Star Craft 2.  Plus, Koreans be crazy, so I want to hear about that madness.

alexfase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By alexfase

StarCraft?! STARCRAFT!

mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By mrv321

I used to play Starcraft 2 quite a bit, then my computer broke, so every moment of Brad talking about Starcraft 2 ends up me looking on youtube for some games to watch... but I enjoy every moment of it.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By GJSmitty
@ebritt said:
"I like it, therefore it stays! "
DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By DG991

I STRONGLY DISAGREEEEEEE! 
I look forward to starcraft talk every week... KEEP DOING IT!  
I have a feeling the only people who get annoyed are the xbros who never touched an RTS before.