The Return of Leigh Alexander....FUUUUUUUU-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By ch13696

I seriously left. I couldn't stand her. And besides every time someone said to turn down her mic, some intern comes in and threatens to kick people.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ryanwho
@Brendan said:
" Haha it's actually way more entertaining that everyone is so intensely angry than if she wasn't there at all.   Edit:  Also, let's be honest, John Vignocchi (hopefully I spelled that right?) talked about himself, and his stories, a ton on the last Bombcast.  Most people agree that it's not bad.  Why is it bad with Leigh?  Because she's not a male.  Super Edit:  Prepared to wake up to about 15 super belligerent responses tomorrow morning. "
Well yeah. You're assuming everyone liked the story yesterday and everyone hates these stories, and that it had nothing to do with the quality of the stories. That's some dumbass assuming.
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By ez123
@Brendan said:
" Why is it bad with Leigh?  Because she's not a male.   "
Just a quote so Dany and others can see that I'm not making shit up.
pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By pbhawks45
@bartok said:
" I loved her insane rant about MGS4. Plus Day 3 of the E3 Bombcast is suppose to be a drunken train wreck so fuck you haters. "
YO DUDE SHE'S TOTALLY GOING TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU NOW
Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Damien
@Dany:  I think so but it's not my picture or me in it.  Someone posted it on the forums and the image of Jeff getting punched was just too good to pass up.
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Dany
@ez123 said:
" @Brendan said:
" Why is it bad with Leigh?  Because she's not a male.   "
Just a quote so Dany and others can see that I'm not making shit up. "
I think he is joking. Well, i hope. Also, it would be funny if the podcast text was just "I'm Sorry"
Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Jayzilla

this show is pure gold.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By teptom

I don't know about Leigh, but Chris Tilton is soooo fucking annoying. 

Just sitting there all quiet.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ch13696

They keep bringing her back because it's guaranteed that she'll sleep with Jeff. Poor dude can't get laid.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By mazik765

I'm gonna concur with the TC. She seems incredibly rude and ignorant. She constantly cuts people off, yells into the microphone and disagrees with just about any reasonable statement made. And we get it...you're a woman who likes sports, stop talking about it.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Damien
@Brendan said:
" Super Edit:  Prepared to wake up to about 15 super belligerent responses tomorrow morning. "
Well prepare for a belligerent response to hit you over the head right aboutttt now, saint broseph.  You r totally whiteknighting right now.  Your knight is showing and it's white.  She no sexy time you.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@ez123 said:

" @Vito_Raliffe said:

" @ez123 said:

" inb4whiteknights "
I think it's funny how everyone can talk mad shit on her and it be OK, but anyone who disagrees is automatically dismissed as an "Internet white knight" and then made fun of.  Fucking morons. "
Scroll up. "  
  @ez123 said:

" @Kowbrainz: No, people on both sides have an opinion of her and that's fine. I think she's fucking annoying, that doesn't make me an asshole. What I'm talking about is the "She's a woman, that's why you guys are being so disrespectful" assholes coming to her rescue. "

Ah, I see, thanks for the clearing that up! I agree that it's dumb for people to assume others don't like her because she is a woman. I can perfectly understand why people have a problem with her, it's just incredibly annoying to see people that don't have a problem her get jumped on so harshly for disagreeing with the seemingly popular opinion.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By jakob187

Cry more, babies.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By pbhawks45

HEY GUYS FUCK BOSTON IM A GIRL WHO LIKES GAMES ISN'T THAT AMAZING I KNOW THE VISION OF KOJIMA FUCK BOSTON LOL 

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By Tiwi
@Claude said:
" I hope they bring her back for every last E3 Bombcast just to piss you fuckers off. "
Agreed, anyone who are willing to get rilled up when she's on, deserves to get her infused into their bombcast.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RE_Player1

Ya she keeps on joking how bad she was last year... yet she's doing the same things like interrupting people and having to be in every conversation...

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ryanwho
@jakob187 said:
" Cry more, babies. "
You've added a lot to the discussion.
CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By CowMuffins
@jakob187 said:
" Cry more, babies. "
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By pbhawks45
@ryanwho said:
" @jakob187 said:
" Cry more, babies. "
You've added a lot to the discussion. "
Just like his princess has.
Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Skogen

People react differently to alcohol. It's as simple as that. The majority of this board however has little to no contact with women, so they just don't understand.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Ryan has threatened to cut off her mic multiple times.  She is obviously fucking annoying.

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By RedSox8933

I think she's fine.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By jakob187
@ryanwho:  @CowMuffins: What more needs to be said?  This is an entire thread of people acting like immature fuckheads because they don't like the guest that's on...yet they continue to listen to it?  Also, it's not like any one of the people commenting in this thread wouldn't be the same way if they were invited on the Bombcast, which is arguably one of the most listened-to podcasts in the gaming industry.  You'd all be jumping in and trying to offer your opinions as if they mattered as well, just as I would. 

So what's the point in making an entire thread to bitch about something like this?  I think people just need to chug back a few beers and join in on the insanity of it all. 

The short version of all that:  "Cry more, babies". 

P.S. - I don't particularly care one way or another for Leigh Alexander.  All I know of her was last year's Bombcast.  I'm not going to defend her, but I'm also not going to make a thread specifically to bitch about it...nor am I going to come in and say "OH MY GOD GET HER OFF THE BOMBCAST I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE"...and then keep listening to the fucking thing.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By RE_Player1
@Skogen said:
" People react differently to alcohol. It's as simple as that. The majority of this board however has little to no contact with women, so they just don't understand. "
lol here we go again with the woman thing. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK THAT SHE'S A GIRL, she's just annoying. If she was a guy everyone would say the same thing. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ryanwho
@Skogen said:
" People react differently to alcohol. It's as simple as that. The majority of this board however has little to no contact with women, so they just don't understand. "
You're right. There's a direct correlatiion to knowing alcohol gets people drunk and how many women you know. You made a great point, be proud.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ryanwho
@jakob187 said:
" @ryanwho: @CowMuffins: What more needs to be said?  This is an entire thread of people acting like immature fuckheads because they don't like the guest that's on...yet they continue to listen to it?  Also, it's not like any one of the people commenting in this thread wouldn't be the same way if they were invited on the Bombcast, which is arguably one of the most listened-to podcasts in the gaming industry.  You'd all be jumping in and trying to offer your opinions as if they mattered as well, just as I would.  So what's the point in making an entire thread to bitch about something like this?  I think people just need to chug back a few beers and join in on the insanity of it all.  The short version of all that:  "Cry more, babies". "
Actually the first couple pages is just stream of consciousness articulating dislike. It didn't become about sex until heroes like you showed up with your "I dont care, namecalling and assumptions, but I don't care".
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@rottendevice said:
Paul Barnett is the man though, so this podcast is awesome. "
He has consistently proven to be one of the best Bombcast guests out there! I love listening to him tell stories.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jakob187
@ryanwho: I don't care that she's a guest.  I'm not going to white knight someone I know jack nor shit about.  Female, male, it makes no difference.  The guys invited her on, and you people as listeners decide whether you are going to listen to it or not. 

I DO care that our community is acting like fuckheads in a thread on the forums rather than voicing complaints in a more constructive form, like sending the guys PMs or e-mails saying "hey, guys, we don't really like her being on the Bombcast".

If you don't want to hear her, then don't listen to it.  I'm sure that the Quantcast stuff integrated into Giant Bomb probably tracks the traffic on the podcasts, as well as the iTunes store tracks how many people are downloading the Bombcast.  Low numbers will translate into "hey, maybe we shouldn't have her back on because people on the forums and the site don't seem to like her". 

In short, it's stupid to see so many people bitching...but continuing to listen.
zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By zero_
Giant Bomb is the world’s largest editable video game database. We're into E3 2010, Los Angeles, and sexists like you!

Come on, seriously... there have been too many issues regarding women around these forums; Leigh Alexander, female members, "supposed' female members. There's so much dude-ing out over here that chicks are always treated like shit here.

</internetwhiteknight>
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By toowalrus
@jakob187:  That's what I said a thousand posts back. Much like drivers licenses and government health care, the Bombcast is a privilege, not a right! Wait, that's a terrible analogy. Never mind.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jakob187

I should also point out that the majority of the hate in this thread...is more than likely generated from the general hatred from last year. 

It's cool to hate on Leigh.  We get it.  Whatever.  Move on.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Zero_ said:
" Giant Bomb is the world’s largest editable video game database. We're into E3 2010, Los Angeles, and sexists like you!

Come on, seriously... there have been too many issues regarding women around these forums; Leigh Alexander, female members, "supposed' female members. There's so much dude-ing out over here that chicks are always treated like shit here.

</internetwhiteknight> "
Because:
1. Leigh Alexander has a bad reputation on Giant Bomb
2. Female members are fine as long as they aren't attempting to impress us because they're female
3. People can pretend to be whoever they want on the internet, including girls, to get attention. It's only natural we question whether or not that's true.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#83  Edited By beargirl1

this thread is disappointing in almost every way 

then again, i'm not listening to it right now so i can't really say anything 

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By RE_Player1

SHE JUST SAID IT COSTED BOOBY KOTICK 775 MILLION TO RENT OUT THE STAPLES CENTRE, IS SHE ON DRUGS

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#85  Edited By thatfrood

Okay, that bit about Black Ops was kind of ridiculous.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ryanwho
@TooWalrus said:
" @jakob187:  That's what I said a thousand posts back. Much like drivers licenses and government health care, the Bombcast is a privilege, not a right! Wait, that's a terrible analogy. Never mind. "
This isn't even about that anymore. Its more about abrasive people going "fuck the haters put this girl on who Ryan Davis is clearly losing patience with on the podcast all the time that will show them!" I already turned the podcast off. Really, the goddamn podcast host is visibly annoyed and people are still pretending the only way you could be not enjoying this is if you're a woman fearing shutin.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ryanwho
@jakob187 said:
" I should also point out that the majority of the hate in this thread...is more than likely generated from the general hatred from last year.  It's cool to hate on Leigh.  We get it.  Whatever.  Move on. "
More assumptions, more 'I don't care'.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88  Edited By JJOR64

No Caption Provided
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89  Edited By Animasta

how can you guys hate her

she's fucking hilarious

Grondoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Grondoth

Hey I love the bombcast, and I was looking forward to this all day cause Paul Barnett is an amazing guest(how did that Shatner thing NOT go through), but I found her intolerable so I turned it off 

LOL COOL STORY BRO JK LAWLZ

who says that out loud and MEANS IT

Monkeygb21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Monkeygb21

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

And someone should tell her "irregardless"  isn't a word either.

Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Hats

775 MILLION DOLLARS!!! YALL SHIT THIS BOMBCAST COST 50 MILLON ALONE SON

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Vade
@Monkeygb21:  It is.  (though informal as hell)

I'm liking this 775 million thing, but Leigh is kinda annoying.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ryanwho

1 MILLON TLOOPS

Zeninnnnnnnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Zeninnnnnnnn

775 million dollars. Neversoft and Activision. Treyar-CH. Ughhhhh.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ez123

Some of you guys are late. She said she had dyslexia of the numbers. Not as bad as cancer of the aids but still serious. 

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By makari

/<>\

cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By cabelhigh

"I'm not even lying."
Thanks Leigh. My new catch phrase.

Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Hats

Oh something tells me you will be getting some hate this time round some hate that cost 775 MILLION DOLLARS!!!

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100  Edited By FireBurger

I turned it off. Give me Paul on a post-E3 bombcast and I'd be more than happy.