Why did Jeff lie to us about Battlefront 2's campaign?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blastr85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blastr85

Please don't take this post too seriously: This is gonna sound strange and I probably misunderstood something but two or three weeks ago on the Bombcast when talking about the Star Wars Battlefront 2 campaign, I distinctly remember Jeff saying there was an early Hoth level "because you've gotta have Hoth in a Star Wars video game" (they said the same joke about Battlefront 1). He mentioned that the level had a section with Luke Skywalker and described it as underwhelming.

Well, I bought the game after talking to some friends. I enjoyed it well enough, I think the two star review is a bit hyperbolic on Dan's part. But there is no Hoth mission at all in the game, campaign or otherwise, that I can find. Did Jeff lie? Get confused? The only planet you play as Skywalker on looks nothing like Hoth. Is this DLC in the game he saw that has yet to be released? Did he not play it at all and just make general assumptions about its suckiness based on what he'd heard? Why would Jeff say this? I can't let it go everytime I play the game I think about it lol.

Thanks, a concerned listener

EDIT: Episode 507 21:25 Thanks guys for finding it. I agree it sounds more hyperbolic about star wars games in general and he didn't specifically tie that Luke Skywalker level to it either.

<3

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I don't reneger Jeff mentioning a Hoth level, but I have enjoyed the campaign.

Yes, it's a bit corny and some of it reeks of fan service, but that is kind of what I wanted as a fan. The campaign ended rather strangely, but hopefully the extra missions will round that out. I hope they were withheld because they tie in to the new film a bit too much, but time will tell.

Despite the awful card system, I am also enjoying the multiplayer much more than I expected.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Do you remember where he said this? 'Cause I don't remember him saying this at all.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@blastr85: I mean...if this bothers you so much, maybe you should go back and listen to the podcasts so you don't have to guess about what you think Jeff said?

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't he just making a blanket statement about how Star Wars games have a Hoth level? Not specifically talking about the campaign itself?

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shiftygism

@blastr85 said:

there is no Hoth mission at all in the game, campaign or otherwise, that I can find.

Hoth shows up in both Galactic Assault and Blast multiplayer but after a week playing I've only encountered the Blast version of the map (once!) which is a closed off ice hangar.

ev77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blastr85: The only thing hyperbolic around here is your troll title. Especially considering you immediately try to play it off and then don't bother to back up your claims with even the smallest amount of effort to re-listen to the bombcast.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Goboard

@mike: Just listened to episode 507 because of this so people can hear exactly what Jeff says and judge this on something better than the OP's uncertain recollection.

Episode 507: Mon Martha is the one the OP is talking about and the part they reference begins at around 21:25. My read on it is the same as @xolare and that Jeff is commenting on the things he found cool and used Hoth and the appearance of Luke as the kinds of things people think of as being cool moments in a Star Wars game that this game does well. There's a thin amount of room for the OP's interpretation but given that Jeff spent 12 minutes leading up to that part talking with clarity and detail about the online progression I don't think Jeff made the comment about Hoth and Luke in the way they think he did. Even Brads response to what Jeff said indicates that he understands Jeff meant you will see the kinds of things you want to see in a Star Wars game.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clickbaity title. I haven't played the game but even as i was listening to that podcast I took it to mean Jeff meant it applying to Star Wars game in general rather than literally being in this new game's campaign.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mike: seems @goboard got to the bottom of it and cleared everything up about the accusatory title and tone of original post, resolving the thread.

Blastr85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goboard: Thanks for the reference, I couldn't remember which episode it was. After relistening I agree with your all's assessment. I usually am listening while driving or showering or something.

Not meant to be clickbaity or trolly at all. I'm a premium subscriber and love Jeff to death. That's why I prefaced everything with "don't take this post too seriously."

@blastr85 said:

there is no Hoth mission at all in the game, campaign or otherwise, that I can find.

Hoth shows up in both Galactic Assault and Blast multiplayer but after a week playing I've only encountered the Blast version of the map (once!) which is a closed off ice hangar.

Dang, Galactic Assault is the main multiplayer mode I've been playing and I've yet to see it. Not sure if I'll hang with it much longer, black friday led to lots of new games bought and there's lots of DLC for stuff I already own about to drop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He definitely lied. That's surely that answer.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@blastr85 said:

@goboard: Thanks for the reference, I couldn't remember which episode it was. After relistening I agree with your all's assessment. I usually am listening while driving or showering or something.

Not meant to be clickbaity or trolly at all. I'm a premium subscriber and love Jeff to death. That's why I prefaced everything with "don't take this post too seriously."

Please think about this unfortunate and disruptive thread title the next time you're about to create a new topic.