500 Error message every time I login to my account.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By holycrapitsadam

Every time I login to my account, I get a error 500 page. I refresh the page and I am signed in and can continue to use the site as normal. I am using Safari on El Capitan and the latest iOS firmware on my iPhone 6 plus and iPad Air if that makes any difference.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holycrapitsadam: Kind of strange. I sent you a "confirmation email" (check your spam), it looks like you might have to confirm your account. Can't guarantee that's the issue, but it's a start.

Heli0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Heli0s

I'm experiencing a similar issue in Safari on iOS 9. I can login fine on the desktop, but I get a 500 every time I try to login in from Safari on iOS and it won't log me in at all.

Wandzat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm getting a 500 error page every time I try to log in from any device or browser and I am not logged in when I return to the site. I'm also glad I didn't log out of this computer.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heli0s: Looks like your account has a similiar issue, there is a mismatch in your registered vs billing account. You want to keep Heli0s over Helios right? And you want to use your normal (non spam account) email right?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wandzat: Looks like you are in the same boat as the others. You have multiple accounts under the same email somehow. Wandzat and also an older username. Which one do you want to go with?

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm having the same issue.

Wandzat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Wandzat
Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not get an email. can you resend it?

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Hey, sorry, still gettin' that error message, and have not received an email...

niflhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've been having a similar issue. Emailed support about it.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kedi2

For the past couple weeks I have been getting a 500 error when I try to log in on my Xbox One, which leaves me unable to sign in. I'm afraid of logging out on my PC in case it happens there as well.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By cannedstingray

I've been getting an error message asking me to confirm that I am not a robot for the past week or so. Once I click and submit I can get on, but I've been a member for years and thisn has never happened before. I am on chrome and I am fairly often logged on the site on more than one pc in my house pretty often. I also have adblock for some other sites, but it is disabled on this site. No need since I've been a premium sub since the service was available.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jslack This has been happening to me for the past week or so. It gives me the Error 500 message the first time I try to sign in, but when I try to sign in a second time, it logs me in just fine.

Heli0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack I never received an email and the 500 error persists.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jslack

@heli0s: Yep, just tried to send another, PM'ed you.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Hey, have you tried emailing me? Have not received anything and still have that 500 message. Kinda worried that if my cache or cookies or something clears up on this PC, I won't be able to even post about this issue.

woozieg226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting this error too, I'm posting this from my phone because it's the only place I'm still logged in on.

I've emailed support, so fingers crossed

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holycrapitsadam:Just sent you another one. LMK if that works.

@wandzat: Sent you a password setup email, LMK if any issues

@twolines: You've got a mismatch on your username/emails. Everything in your billing is set to one username/email, but you are posting in here with a different username. PM me the username/email you wanted to go with, its kind of all over the place.

@niflhe: Everything looks fine on your account, sent you a password reset email just in case. LMK if any issues after.

@kedi2: You've got a complicated account situation. 2 different emails, 2 different usernames. Did you want to go to using Kedi? PM me the email/username you desire.

@cannedstingray: Hey there, the robot thing is something else. We've been receiving crazy amounts of bot traffic recently (spamming the forums), the bot protection is triggered for different reasons, including logging in with a lot of unique IPs, and other activity. I can look at your account so it won't happen in the future, but I'm guessing you are logging in from a lot of different places? (which is totally fine, just want to make our detection better).

@ahgunsillyo: I sent you a password assistance email. Should clear you up, LMK if issues

@woozieg226: I sent you a password assistance email. You should be straight, LMK if issues.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack said:

@cannedstingray: Hey there, the robot thing is something else. We've been receiving crazy amounts of bot traffic recently (spamming the forums), the bot protection is triggered for different reasons, including logging in with a lot of unique IPs, and other activity. I can look at your account so it won't happen in the future, but I'm guessing you are logging in from a lot of different places? (which is totally fine, just want to make our detection better).

I have two computers at home that I'm logged in on simultaneously most of the time. That's mostly it aside from occasionally on my phone or ipad.

I also switched to a new router recently, both of my pc's are on a home network which they were not when I was using the other router..Not sure if that is relevent but I thought I'd mention it. Thanks for the reply!!

woozieg226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Rorie has already been in touch with me by email and sorted the issue. Turns out I had 3 accounts.

Thanks to both of you for the quick response :)

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Thanks a million! It's a little bit annoying.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: No, just thanking in advance. And also thanking for the quick answer and stuff. I'll PM you some details.

DyMSuM_Mootchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am on the same boat. Getting 500 error when I try to log in with my 2 ipads and IE, Firefox or Chrome if I log out on my PC. If I attempt to change my account password or resend email verification I get "There is an issue with your account (CODE:TO-MANY-EMAILS). Please contact support@giantbomb.com for support."

Everything was working fine until a few days ago.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically the same problem on any browser I've logged off on in the last week or so.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dymsum:Hey there. Strange, your account looks fine. What are you logging in with (which username/email do you use to login? Feel free to PM me). I sent you a password assistance email anyway.

@gorillamopena: Your account also looks good. I sent you a password reset email in any case. Let me know if there are any further issues.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Yeah I changed my password on my work computer I was still logged into and that seemed to have fixed the issue

BuggeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BuggeX

I also have trouble with this 500 error when I try to login. Have tied both in chrome and internet explore. But I always get 500 error and it never logs in.

Side note: I'm currently logged in on Safari but I can not logout. When I click logout I get returned to the frontpage but is still logged in.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buggex: I've fixed you up, check your email, you'll have to do a password reset. Your account was kind of messed up, but should be good now. LMK!

BuggeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Hella thank you. I'm up and running again.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My account is now having this same issue! It sucks!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jslack: I'm having the same issue on Chrome on Windows 7. Chat was busted (no chat messages, just the normal light grey background, and no chatting/lurking count in the top left. unsure if related to this issue or not) when I tried to refresh Lang's Extra Life stream after I woke up this morning, so I tried logging out but am just met with the 500 error when I try to log back in. I'm posting from Firefox, which I happened to still be logged in with from months ago when I stopped using it for the site. Any help?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itwastuesday: It looks like you have 2 accounts linked to the same email account. What do you want done with your Dijon account?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jslack

@ajamafalous: Ah yep, you had a slight mismatch on your username. I set you a password reset and you should be g2g.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jslack: I reset my password using the email, then tried to log in again and got invalid username/password. My login had been AJ since the joint Whiskey Media Account days. I tried logging in again with ajamafalous and it worked. Did a change on the backend database cause this change? I'd rather have AJ as my login if that's possible.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jslack

@ajamafalous: Ya it changed because all the usernames have to match now. The issue we were having were username mismatches between accounts, sites and billing. They have to all be the same.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thatpinguino  Staff

@jslack I'm having the same log in issues with my account.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatpinguino:It looks like you had two accounts with the same email address, I had to deactivate your second account (thatpinguino2)

I sent a password reset email to you as well, if you're still having issues follow the link in that email and reset your password. That should fix any other problems.

Sorry for the trouble!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thatpinguino  Staff
Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the same issue. Refreshing the 500 error page will log me in however.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just had that 500 error when I logged in. It's likely not a Safari issue because I'm using Chrome on an Acer laptop.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@substance_d: I sent you a password reset email that will hopefully fix things

@tortoise:You should be good to go now

If you're still having issues let me know

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@wcarle: Getting this error message when I try to post sometimes. I didn't receive a password reset but I'll try doing it manually.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@substance_d: That's an unrelated error but still a bummer. It's a security feature to stop dirty hackers, we upgraded it recently to a much better version and are still ironing it out. Are you getting it consistently? Is it only after you've been hanging around on the page for a while?

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Substance_D

@wcarle: I seem to be getting it consistently. It only started happening in the past 2 days or so around the same time I renewed my Premium sub (which probably isn't related).

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@substance_d: I'd be curious if you have some kind of extension that might be modifying forms somehow? Not that you shouldn't be using those extensions, I'd be curious to know which ones they are so we can work around it.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isamu_Dyson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Isamu_Dyson_

not sure whether this is where to post, but i can't work out where else to do it. i can't login to giantbomb on safari, i can only do it on chrome, when i click the login button on safari on my desktop the link fails, my safari is up to date and it even happens on my laptop which is running different safari. anyone else have this issue/have any suggestions, i know i could just use chrome but i would rather stick with safari, cheers