Account changing back to 'Reoccuring' after canceling!

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GnaTSoL

I bought a year subscription early this year and right after canceled so I wouldn't be charged without my consent and knowing. Just checked my account a minute ago and saw my account had reverted back to a yearly charge plan.

Don't know if this was known already but everyone check your accounts and make sure. Staff plz look into this. This could turn shady.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The staff does know about this. Look at this:

http://auth.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/what-we-re-working-on-updating-constantly-1424075/#0

Snide, or Dave, addresses this. It wasn't on purpose at all. All you have to do is simply recancel.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexytoad said:

The staff does know about this. Look at this:

http://auth.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/what-we-re-working-on-updating-constantly-1424075/#0

Snide, or Dave, addresses this. It wasn't on purpose at all. All you have to do is simply recancel.

And if someone doesn't notice their account's changed back? Do they get charged or not? And if so, isn't that a misuse of someone's credit card information?

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah. That's my main problem with this as well. No heads up of any kind, I had to find out myself. Mentioning it in a list of things on the forums (that I almost never visit) is kind of not enough to let your users know that something went broke with the billing system.

A little email to members that said "hey, check that your sub status is as it should be duder" would go a long way.