Bug with the "take me where I left off" forum counter

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Ya'll might know this already, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

There's a bug with the new system where if it says 0 (as in not having any new posts since I last read that thread), but if I click on it (the "0" link) and there are actually 3 (for example) new posts- if I go back to the forum it will subtract those 3 from 0 (So, in this example it would say -3).

Hopefully that makes sense. If not I could duplicate it to make a screenshot.

Just in case you need browser info: Windows 7 x64, Chrome Version 40.0.2214.93 m

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@cornbredx: Hey there,

Thanks for the report. The fix is already in, will be live tomorrow. Sorry for the issues.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cornbredx: Aren't new features fun, there's always something you miss. I done goofed this one. fix is on the way though, hopefully you guys like the new feature once it's working properly!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@jslack: @wcarle: No problem ya'll!

I love the new feature, but figured you'd want to know about the bug. I'm sure it's a simple fix (from my minor knowledge of such things).

Thanks! You're doin a great job =)

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We have another fix going out for this feature, sometimes it would bring you to the incorrect page (math is hard). That fix should go out today, I'll post here when the fix is out

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I know it's a new feature that's just being implemented, but they way it is right now I find it to be a bit annoying.

It triggers without rhyme or reason right now and the blue bar on top with the "Take me there" button sometimes refuses to go away again, which sucks because it takes away visibility (especially if you are on a small screen).

An option in the setting if you want this feature active or not would be very appreciated. If possible one that just gets rid of those messages and not the new post count in the overviews, which is pretty cool.

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wcarle

Hey guys, we're listening to your feedback and will be doing another design pass on this. Here's what we are thinking for the next pass:

• Re-design of the jump to message inside the thread (up for a shorter time and not blocking other UI)
  • Better styling on the topic list page so link doesn't jump to the next line

If you have any other suggestions let us know.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@wcarle: Moving my feedback from the thread I made before seeing this one here: Took me a while to realise this feature hadn't been removed (which is a shame because I like it!) Using >> only (and no post count) to jump to last read is a little confusing till you read the hover text, as it's the same symbol used for "Jump to end of thread." Maybe there's a clearer way to do it?

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wcarle