Cannot comment on blog (via blog page or forum post)

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Bollard

test
Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bollard

Still getting:

Could not process - ERROR CODE 99
or
The CSRF token is invalid. Please try to resubmit the form.

When trying to post on a blog. Also I can no longer edit this thread or create new ones (hence it being completely blank). I appear to at least be able to edit this thread now.

Link to blog I cannot post on: https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/wemibelle/blog/my-top-10-japanese-songs-of-2019/143740/

Happened on two different Windows 10 machines, both running Chrome (Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit) on this machine.)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@bollard said:

Still getting:

Could not process - ERROR CODE 99

or

The CSRF token is invalid. Please try to resubmit the form.

When trying to post on a blog. Also I can no longer edit this thread or create new ones (hence it being completely blank). I appear to at least be able to edit this thread now.

Link to blog I cannot post on: https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/wemibelle/blog/my-top-10-japanese-songs-of-2019/143740/

Happened on two different Windows 10 machines, both running Chrome (Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit) on this machine.)

Hmm, I'm able to post on that blog. You're not keeping the window open for a long period of time before attempting to post, are you?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Unfortunately not! I had assumed it was that initially but when I refreshed and copied-and-pasted my post in it happened immediately. The CSRF token issue is what I usually get when it times out, the Error 99 one though is completely new to me. Let me try and post there again today, but I was having all sorts of oddities posting in the forums last week.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bollard

@rorie: So it turns out it's something to do with the content I am trying to post. I tried typing out my message and submitting it but received the 99 error. Same happened when I refreshed and copy pasted it back in. Finally I typed "Test" and it posted immediately.

I can't even share the message here with you, I will try PMing it to you.

EDIT: Can't PM either:

No Caption Provided

The hyperlink in that post is a link to the following URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvEVP7NPklU

EDIT 2:
I have narrowed down the offending part of the message to the title of the song. Seems like the Giant Bomb forums are rejecting me submitting a message with kanji in it.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@rorie: So it turns out it's something to do with the content I am trying to post. I tried typing out my message and submitting it but received the 99 error. Same happened when I refreshed and copy pasted it back in. Finally I typed "Test" and it posted immediately.

I can't even share the message here with you, I will try PMing it to you.

EDIT: Can't PM either:

No Caption Provided

The hyperlink in that post is a link to the following URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvEVP7NPklU

EDIT 2:

I have narrowed down the offending part of the message to the title of the song. Seems like the Giant Bomb forums are rejecting me submitting a message with kanji in it.

Yeah, Kanji will do it. For a while we had boatloads of foreign-language spam (especially Korean) and as such we eventually just banned non-English language sets on the forums/comments. It cut our spam problem drastically but unfortunately does prevent some legit messages from going through.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Haha that's fair enough. Any chance we could get a more descriptive error message please? I was very confused!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@rorie: Haha that's fair enough. Any chance we could get a more descriptive error message please? I was very confused!

I will see what I can do!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers