Download Problems with (Premium) feed of Voicemail Dump Truck on Apple podcasts

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NameRedacted

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the latest (Premium) feed for episode 105 of the Voicemail Dump Truck on Apple podcasts?

This problem appears to be effecting ep. 104 and 105 of the (Premium) VDT feed only (thus far). I can download older episodes of the VDT.

I have not noticed this issue with any of the other GB premium feeds I'm subscribed to.

Cheers!

number3181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had the issue with the latest GMM and VMD.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also had the issues with GMM and VMD

Rewsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me too, unable to download on android either.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@nameredacted: @number3181: @jagerxbomb: @rewsan:

Hey everyone, there was a slight update about the podcast feed issues on the Discord that I thought I should share with you all. @turboshawn has done some amazing digging and had this to say:

Last week's issue seemed to be Pocket Casts-specific, this one seems to be with the RSS feeds specifically. If y'all don't mind the legwork, downloading directly from the site should work fine. I'm looking into a feed fix too, though.

I'll try to keep you updated as well, but I know the issue with Pocketcast has been something that has dated all the way back to when Rorie was ticketing bug reports.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UPDATE 03/03/24: The PREMIUM feed is still broken on Apple podcasts (unable to download or even play recent podcasts). The problem has now spread to the most recent episodes of the (Premium) Bombcast feed and Revengence.

For the record, I have never--that I can recall--had this issue with the GB Premium feed on Apple podcasts. Ever.

The Giant Bomb Premium feed is the ONLY podcast feed I'm experiencing trouble with download and playback.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today's GMM worked for me, thank you to the team

Thom_Paine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thom_Paine  Online

I'm still unable to download or play Premium VMDT 105 in Apple Podcasts as of now.

jagerxbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm using Beyond Pod on Android, everything is back to normal.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UPDATE: 03/07/24 - The PREMIUM RSS LINK FOR THE VOICEMAIL DUMPTRUCK IS A DEAD LINK NOW.

It's been a week and things are still broken on Apple Podcasts.

Yesterday's Premium feed for the Bombcast (on Apple Podcasts) downloaded with dynamic, pre-roll ads in Spanish. WTF?! Giant Bomb / Fandom?!

I am still totally unable to listen to VDT. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the podcast via the Premium RSS Link and the link is TOTALLY DEAD! I got an error message that there was nothing at that link.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@nameredacted: @thom_paine: As per a staff update, here's what I have been told. Sorry if this overlaps with the message I sent to the other thread:

If anyone still has ads on Bombcast 830, it's probably because they never re-downloaded the episode after it was fixed.

As for the other feeds, GMM should be good as of this week's episodes, and VMDT will be good starting with today's episode. Borked episodes will probably still be busted on the RSS feed until a site issue is fixed, but direct downloads SHOULD work now for those who like archiving.