iOS Video History Issues

cfflymolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

While watching videos inside of Safari on any iOS device, the video will automatically navigate to the end after pausing and locking the screen for some time.

This has been happening as of iOS 12.2 and doesn't seem to be specific to any device. As long as you load up a video in Safari, watch to any amount of time, then pause and lock the screen. Wait for 10-15 minutes. The video will have navigated to the end as if I had watched it all the way through.

This doesn't appear to be an issue with the video playing in the background because the lock screen controls will show no progress and no audio will play while the phone has been placed in the lock state.

I have replicated the issue on:

- iPhone X (iOS 12.2)

- iPad Pro 10.5" (2nd Generation, iOS 12.2)

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I have the same issue on the 2018 iPad Pro 11” (iOS 12.2). I feel like the video player controls in general work poorly on the iPad.

overtone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm also getting this on a 2018 iPad 9.7" (iOS 12.2).

Lejin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have this problem as well on the 2018 iPad Pro 12.9" (iOS 12.2). And agree that the controls are very hard to use. Also almost all of the keyboard shortcuts do not work.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Checking in... it's also happening on my iPhone X iOS v12.2.

Play a video, pause, switch to another app (e.g. messenger), switch back... position is fucked.

whoistrebek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By whoistrebek

Having the same issue here in safari on an iPad Pro 11 inch running 12.2. Combined with how hard it is to scrub the videos, makes it pretty hard to watch videos on the site.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Sorry for the trouble here; you may want to try using the Download button to open the browser's native player, but hopefully someone will be able to look into this soon.