Premium membership not automatically renewed or cancelled?

Noogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For some reason my premium membership was not automatically renewed, or something buggy is happening. My profile says I'm now a 'free member', and there is no billing history despite having been premium for quite some time.

If it had been cancelled or un-renewed I was never notified by email. I'm worried about manually renewing since I don't want to screw with my existing billing, assuming it even exists anymore.

velamo05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine is like this too! Though I never did anything different to my account for it to do such...Is this just a bug and something wonky happened? Or do I just need to resub? (For anyone who knows...obviously not the user who created the post since s/he seems just as lost as me)

Noogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Noogy

@velamo05 said:

Mine is like this too! Though I never did anything different to my account for it to do such...Is this just a bug and something wonky happened? Or do I just need to resub? (For anyone who knows...obviously not the user who created the post since s/he seems just as lost as me)

I was hoping it was just a bug with the system not logging me in with my proper credentials, but logging out and then back in hasn't resolved the issue. At least I know it's not just me so far.

Also attempted on two different systems, Win7 64-bit and Win8 64-bit.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rorie

@velamo05: @noogy: Normally this happens when an account comes up for automatic renewal, but something prevents the renewal from going through (declined card, hiccup in our system, etc.) What I'd recommend is going through your email and finding the email you received when you signed up for a membership. Forward that along to support@giantbomb.com and I can get you hooked up with any missing time from your account, but like I said, most of the time this happens when an account was supposed to renew itself anyway. Let me know, and sorry for the hassle.

Noogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thanks Rorie, I'm not too worried about missing time and have no problem manually renewing. I just wanted to give it a few days and make sure that it wasn't a temporary hiccup since the internet can be crazy like that.