Release dates wonky

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

#1 reverendhunt  Online

Any time in the last few days that I've tried to submit a release date that isn't a to-the-day specific (such as just the year, the quarter plus the year, or a month plus the year - the "fuzzy" dates), I have to pretty much wrestle with the site to get it to stick, sometimes submitting it three to nine times before it actually shows up on the page, despite indicating that it has accepted every one of my submissions upon pressing the button.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I have been noticing this as well. Especially when editing releases, it seems to erase from the main page, but then when I fixed that it erased it from one of the releases.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 reverendhunt  Online

Shiznit's still happening. This is a major frustration when dealing with anything using the "fuzzy" dates at all.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Can you give us an item that you've tried this on? We might be able to check the logs to see if there's anything wonky there.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 reverendhunt  Online

@rorie said:

Can you give us an item that you've tried this on? We might be able to check the logs to see if there's anything wonky there.

Just gotcha a fresh one to work with at Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers. I added the Japanese release date (m/d/yr) just fine, but once I did the US release (Q1 2017) it broke. Release disappeared from the main "release date" window on the main page of the game and that exact release as well.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bobafettjm

This has been happening all the time for me now it seems. I add a new release and it takes the date off the main wiki page so I have to re-add it. Some times it has happened the other way around too, but not as often.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Yup, had the same thing happen all the time. I love that it also breaks the date on the main site since it thinks the empty date is the earliest one so the main page defaults to it. So many little things broken. Even the adding images via URL is still broken after years and years.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been having this happen a lot and narrowed it down a little bit. No matter which one is edited first, the release or the main page it will break after editing the second. It only seems to happen when using a fuzzy date.

If I do a release first and edit the main page, the date will disappear from the release. It will usually then erase it from the main page when fixing the release. After that it will usually work fine. The same works the other way around when editing the main page first.

I have not had it happen yet with a full date.