Request: Post delete confirmation

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

More than once now I have accidentally pressed the "delete" button on a post instead of the "edit" button. Is it possible to get a confirmation window on the delete button so people don't accidentally delete their posts when they are trying to edit them? Something like "Are you sure you want to delete this post?".

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just ran into this again so I thought I'd try bringing it to the attention of the technical team once more.

It's especially annoying because the size of the post deletion button changes drastically as the site is loading to accommodate the post deletion time limit.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

That would be nice yes.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@tennmuerti: @hassun:Ya, I can technically add that, but worried about adding redundant behavior. Just to check, when you accidentally delete something, aren't you able to un-delete it by clicking the delete button again?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hassun

@jslack: Doesn't seem like it. When I click it the first time it has the whole 'time left thing' and I get the green message at the top of the screen. Then when I click it again it's just the delete button without the time left but it doesn't restore the message.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@hassun: Ah. It should let you un-delete. Looking into it.