Upper menu responds quickly and fills half the screen

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I use the bookmark bar for my general day-to-day links beneath the URL entry bar in both Firefox and Chrome. The GB menu (Live, Videos. Podcasts, etc) is shown immediately beneath that when a page is loaded. Some of my links on the bookmark bar point to parts of GB, when I mouse down to select a link for content on the actual GB page I inevitably mouse over the GB menu.

That results in a very large GB overlay menu almost instantly appearing, obscuring content on the GB page. This means I often can't click on the thing I want to click on quickly, so I have to pull my mouse down to an area where the menu isn't in focus and the menu disappears. Is it possible to add a short delay so that the menu isn't triggered immediately?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@mekon: There already is a delay on it, it's not immediate. It doesn't quite take up half a screen for me because of the screen resolution but it hasn't been a problem for me since they've added in the delay.

tdous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to resurrect this (I didn't want to duplicate - I remember contributing to an older discussion about this, maybe pre-redesign but I can't remember when) but I think the top nav has been updated since a delay was added to it. I also keep accidentally clicking menu links while passing over the navigation aiming for something else. If we could get a delay re-added to the updated nav that'd be cool.

Thanks

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@tdous: It absolutely has been. The delay is gone. It pops up no matter how quickly I move my mouse over it now.

tdous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to bump but I've clicked away from playing video at least 8 to 10 times since I replied to this. If there's any indication that this is on a long list somewhere to eventually get to, I'll shut the hell up ;)