Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pixotic

Hi there,

Console dump: http://imgur.com/a/zzWYr

I've tried on two computers on my lan, neither will load any form of video on the site.

Sometimes, images will not load either (not replicated in above screenshot) and will have similar errors in the console.

Latest version of Chrome, cleared cache and cookies, windows 7 on both machines.

Edit: Tried the main page again a few minutes later and it's working. Issue had been present for about 12 hours, what are the odds? Ah well.

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Arjailer

I'm getting this now - in Chrome 59, Firefox 53 and IE 11 - just says "Loading Video" forever :-(

Edit: Resorted to watching it in the Video Bomb app on my phone.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Mijati

It appears to be a network issue somewhere, maybe ISP specific or a generic routing issue. I'm getting the same on a Virgin Media connection.

In my console I'm getting:

GET https://vidtech.cbsinteractive.com/uvpjs/2.4.3/CBSI-PLAYER.js?_=1496752015857 net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Trying to ping it gets me destination unreachable and a tracert fails.

I've successfully been able to download the video without issue, so it's just the video player itself that's messing up.

Pixotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem's back again for me. I'm on Virgin Media in the UK, same as @mijati

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Dixavd

I've started having the same issue today as well. The video on the site won't load. Also on Virgin Media in the UK.

I've tried in Firefox 53.0.3 (32 Bit) and Chrome 59.0.3071.86 (64 Bit) on my Windows 10 laptop (clearing cache, restarting, logging in and out, turning on and off my internet - no luck). I've also tried on the Chrome browser of my Samsung S7 phone without success. The only way I can watch video on the site is by clicking the "download" button and viewing from there. I can't watch Streams (like the Bombcast right now) until the archive.

Edit: while typing this (which took about 15 minutes, plus the 20 minutes before to try all this), I left the stream up waiting for it to load and it finally did. It seems I can also load videos on other places on the site without waiting over 10 minutes for it to load. Very odd. I'll comment again if it occurs again.

PlayerPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PlayerPrime

I'm also getting this on Virgin Media in the UK.

On laptop and also phone connected to wi-fi. When I switch off wi-fi and use my phone's mobile data, I can access videos fine.

RaffaChicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problem, also Virgin Media in the UK.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I will see if I can poke into this, but if the problem is on Virgin's end there might not be a huge amount I can do. But I'll see if an engineer might know what could be causing this.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I am told that there is something blocking our video player's javascript on your ISP's end. Unfortunately that's not something we'll be able to remedy on our side, so you might want to get in touch with Virgin to see if it's something they can fix.

Smokey_Earhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Smokey_Earhole

Issue still persists for me, I'm located in Denmark on a fiber connection ( https://parknet.dk/ ). The weird thing is that this problem one day just appeared out of nowhere - never had an issue with the videos before, up until a few weeks ago. What the hell? The ISP blocking something javascript related doesn't sound to me like it covers all the issues, can't imagine my ISP suddenly blocks this site's content out of the blue? Should also mention that this problem only occurs in Chrome on my laptop, using Chrome on my iPad gives me no grief. Also tried the clear cache etc. stuff, to no avail.

EDIT: a console screengrab as well. Mine doesn't say timed out...

PlayerPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, it seems to be fixed for me! I'm able to watch premium vids at least, I can only assume live will be okay now too.

I gotta say I'm a little relieved this got sorted before E3 kicked off! Thanks for looking into this @rorie and to whoever may have braved the Virgin support line to flag this up to them.