Call of Duty: Warzone officially announced

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Modern Warfare's worst kept secret was finally made official this morning. Warzone, Modern Warfare's Battle Royal mode, launches March 10 and free-to-play.

Dataminers and leakers have been picking apart info from this mode since before launch and earlier during the launch of the game's second season it had begun to be teased by Infinity Ward.

There are two modes, standard Battle Royal and Plunder. Plunder being a mode where you collect money around the map, and the first squad to 1 million dollars triggers an overtime phase where the squad with the most money and exfiltrates wins.

Sounds like squads are three players max and no option for a solo or duos only mode (you can set your matchmaking to not fill your party, however you'll still be facing squads). This is interesting as Apex Legends still catches a lot of flak for not having a dedicated solo or duos mode.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really cool that it is f2p. Will be cool to have friends join in that didn't buy the MW base game.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

This seems like the ultimate solution to the annual COD issue that breaks down the playerbase each year. Making it F2P means they can just continually update this I hope, I liked BO4's battle royale but dont have the hard drive space to keep all these damn call of duties installed haha. Hoping to get some good crossplay going with my son and I! hope the killstreaks aren't too OP.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Stupid question, but do I need to download Modern Warfare to play this or will it be a separate install? I know it's F2P.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Smart move making this free-to-play. I wonder if, in true battle royale fashion, they'll kind of botch the first season pass and then get better as time goes on.

That "Plunder" mode sounds like someone read Smedley Butler and thought, "Let's make that, but without a story."

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No solos? Seriously? This is the dumbest trend, it’s far and away the biggest reason I don’t play Apex more regularly. I don’t have friends that play these games, and I don’t want to posse up with randos. I don’t think this is that unusual of a situation or unreasonable a request, just make a god damn solos mode! Battle Royales still work just fine as a genre without squads!

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@sparky_buzzsaw: Looks like if you want you can download just the battle royal version. Or if you already own MW you can still download the pieces and parts of the game in chunks like you can the multiplayer/singleplayer/spec-op and now battle royal if you are looking to save space.

more info on there site at the bottom

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Sahalarious

@gkhan: if there aren't solo's i wont even download it. what the fuck. I was on the same page as Jeff when PUBG came out, these games are about tension for me, and as a result become the most immersive and satisfying experiences ever, but trio's is just a mess, APEX is a good game but I can't stand the flow of it. There must be enough players out there to justify a solo mode, friggin fortnite has it! wish i could stand the building stuff i'd just play fortnite

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Blackout is still the only Battle Royale game i've enjoyed so hopefully this follows suit.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 3 player teams only thing just seems strange to me, I guess Apex was probably the first to do it but in their case they at least have teamwork oriented characters.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I will try this out for a bit! Free to play is the right price for me.

Buds312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you enjoyed PUBG and/or Apex-- this is 100% worth downloading. Really really fun. And a bunch of the old PUBG discord started a Warzone PC discord: https://discord.gg/yYnETT

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wardcleaver

Regarding solo play, isn't the slider at the bottom of the BR menu that says "Fill Squad/No Fill" (sorry, the exact wording may be different. I am not in front of my PS4 right now to check), for squad/solo play? In other words, if you select "No Fill", you will play solo?

I always select "Fill Squad" so I am not sure.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardcleaver: If you choose not to fill your squad you won't matchmake with any random players so you would be going in solo (or duo if you've got one other person) but you're still joining games full of squads of three so you're at a disadvantage.
Nice that the option is there but it doesn't fulfill a true solos or duos mode.