Show off your Cities: Skylines...cities & skylines.

• 128 results
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

How is that for the best worst thread title of 2015?

Anyway, I noticed that a bunch of us have been sharing screenshots of our city creations and I thought it would be cool to have a central place for everyone to share. Feel free to post screenshots of what you have been working on or ideas you have been toying around with, or even cool mods you may find on the Workshop. Screenshots alone are cool, but it would be great if you gave some context to go along with the image, too.

Here's something I found on the Cities: Skylines subreddit, since I don't have anything particularly worth sharing right now. What are your cities like, GB?

No Caption Provided

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

I can't wait until modders start adding high res textures.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is my main city, where I barely planned anything far in advance and just kinda went with it.

About six of nine tiles worth of city
About six of nine tiles worth of city
Another view from a corner
Another view from a corner

Some other screens I thought looked cool:

Cruise Ship dock.
Cruise Ship dock.
Cruise Ship Docks with Cargo Docks behind. The freighter goes through the wind turbines...should probably move those.
Cruise Ship Docks with Cargo Docks behind. The freighter goes through the wind turbines...should probably move those.
Two nuke plants overlooking the hydroelectric dam and some waste treatment plants.
Two nuke plants overlooking the hydroelectric dam and some waste treatment plants.
Driver heading across the dam into the city.
Driver heading across the dam into the city.
Arch at Monument Park (Ground-level FPS mod)
Arch at Monument Park (Ground-level FPS mod)
Monument Park, haven't prettied it up yet.
Monument Park, haven't prettied it up yet.
splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, my city is a dystopian helsscape full of garbag, traffic jams, and fire. I feel ashamed.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brandondryrock

@splodge said:

God, my city is a dystopian helsscape full of garbag, traffic jams, and fire. I feel ashamed.

Sounds like a real city!

zedprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a couple peculiarities with railways making joke fixtures around the starting highway connections.

Elevated rail/road crossings act like normal intersections: rail engines will wait for right of way, cars will only wait for right of way for the engine but not the cars. The end connections of the rail station act like rail in that they can clear a road above. This requires specific land geometry and I don't think they planned on this as it takes the ground texture of the tiles below it.
Pre-railway connection, the world's best starter city inlet interchange in all of its spine tinging horror
Pre-railway connection, the world's best starter city inlet interchange in all of its spine tinging horror

Finally to prove I know how to make cities, if not accurately angled curved roads, this is the city I've managed to put together since release.

No Caption Provided

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge said:

Sounds like a real city!

You don't know the half of it. I just can't figure out traffic. I think I am building stuff too quickly, thus too densely. I refuse to use any money mods. I must create the perfect city.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I design roads like a crazy person

No Caption Provided

I also have some hot traffic going on

No Caption Provided

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, these cities are pretty. I guess the one thing I have over you guys is my water not being so filled with shit. At least my citizens will enjoy drowning themselves when they lose their jobs to those better educated than them.

I'm currently trying to build my actual neighborhood in NY. We'll see how this goes, and if it's even possible to create and play a city that's as economically all over the place as mine is.

Bam_Boozilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of you guys use a crazy amount of lanes. I've found that Quill18's tip worked best. Less lanes, more (clever) one-ways. You really have to take into account how much the vehicles hate using anything other than the farthest right or left lane (depending on what type of turn they will inevitably make). I've had some crazy long traffic with cars only stacked up in 1 lane out of 3. Once they were stacked up on my main highway all waiting to get onto the left lane of my 2 lane on-ramp to get into the left lane of my other highway so they could get onto the left lane of my 2 lane one way road leading into my city where they then dispersed into different directions. I ended up making a second route into the city and pushed my road going into the city farther from the off ramp of the main highway.

Fixing traffic messes (includes trains) ends up being most of my time. And I'm only at 55k people.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I have two cities currently going. One is a non-modded city of about 90,000 that is cranking out cash and has relatively few issues at the moment. It was the first city I worked on just to see how everything works.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is my second city with the 25-tile and building unlock mods. The population is only at 25,000 since I'm sticking with mostly low density buildings, but there's plenty of room to grow if I feel like continuing. I also chose a relatively flat map to work with which is great for building, but maybe not as pleasing aesthetically.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of you say LESS roads and lanes.

I say you need more

No Caption Provided
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Capum15

@zedprime: My main map up there has about 100-120k population and the traffic is actually pretty light. I think 99% office industrial + a solid 15~ metro stations is the trick. And footpaths everywhere.

Second city I haven't screenshot yet is farming/logging, and god damn trucks fuck things up traffic-wise. Mini rant:

And considering the idiots don't care about the 2 completely open lanes next to them, I'm close to breaking down and going Education + Offices again, even though I want to keep it quaint. At least for my logging area, it's 100% separated from any residential roads (which does help immensely), so I'm probably going to do the same for my farming area and see if that helps. Also shit keeps burning down when there's a Firefighter HQ like half a block away. I think one firetruck blocks traffic - which then sits there instead of going in the next damn lane - and blocks the rest of the firetrucks, so while that fire gets put out by one guy, another fire starts and traffic is dumb so it burns down.

Anyway, with that rant over, you guys have some pretty great cities! I really like using curved roads to make weird areas, mostly because I'm tired of efficient grids. Most of my residential are neat curved designs, the industrial a little less so.

That interchange is terrifying, @zedprime.

Edit: @gorillamopena Holy crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@bam_boozilled: Yeah, I've noticed the one-ways are far better for the high-intensity areas.

@gorillamopena: Oh God, your first city is mired in shit! The view from Shit Island is wonderful, but the sea air not so much!

Here's my city Tropicasa. I only have 25,000 people. No mods. I like the neighborhood tool a lot. Makes the city feel alive. I should do a light rebuild with some foot paths.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

These look great. I accidently created a Pittsburgh. I'll try and upload some pics if I have time tomorrow.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#16  Edited By StarvingGamer

Here's my "throw shit where it fits" starter city. I'm torn between going forward and starting over. I'm just sitting on like 3 million and I have no idea where to spend it. There's no demand for anything and I have some areas that are zoned but still not developed. Also I'm really bad at keeping my populace uneducated. No one wants to work on my farms or lumber mills.

It's weird how living in LA influenced my decisions when I built my "downtown" area. It was a nightmare of one-way streets until I recently cracked it open. Maybe I should give traffic circles a try.

EDIT: Oh, no mods.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something went bad...
Something went bad...

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigmess: Looks exactly like my suicide city at the end. Made it to get some of the dumb requirements for unlocking certain buildings. Eventually I jacked up the taxes to maximum and tanked the entire thing. That was after poisoning them to get health sub-20% for 4 weeks, as well as 50%+ crime rate for 5 weeks via zero education or police. They're just lucky there wasn't a 'burned buildings' one.

Somehow I still had like 450 people living there at the end. I salute those brave souls, and will remember their sacrifices to the Greater Good. The Greater Good.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@anund: wow, that looks great!

MalibuProfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MalibuProfen

These pictures are making me want to support a fellow Finnish developer with my wallet even more than I did before, and to build a proper 'hood. On the other hand, my 60+ game backlog is crying in fear of total abandonment for a while. Dota can keep quiet, it has earned a rest (or a bullet). What shall I do, what shall I do?!

Oh, and Demon's Souls is waiting in the mail as well. Gosh darnit! Must...escape...to the...gym...

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anund: wow, that looks great!

Thanks! My first attempt at expanding to that island caused a huge traffic issue, so I redesigned the whole freeway system, smacked it down in the middle with a bunch of different exits to choose from. As you can see, the traffic is pretty calm now :)

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@bigmess: That city looks like... a big mess.

I'm sorry.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

My first city. Been slowly adding to it, making new parts and districts were the city grows in between eventually. Been using those new districts to try out new things. Traffic is a mess, noise pollution is a problem and dead people piling up.

No Caption Provided

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Schmollian
My second city so far. No Mods. Sitting at around 45k population.
My second city so far. No Mods. Sitting at around 45k population.
The highest shot I could take
The highest shot I could take
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigmess

@bbalpert said:

@bigmess: That city looks like... a big mess.

I'm sorry.

I was just waiting for it.

Thank you for finally justifying my dumbass username for me! It was well worth the wait.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

This is all beautiful guys. Keep at it :)

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vanilla starter city. Population ~50,000. I've expanded more to the west since this was taken.
My vanilla starter city. Population ~50,000. I've expanded more to the west since this was taken.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So do all you guys like the tilt shift effect? I kinda can't stand it so the first thing I did was turn it right down. So much blur, not for me.

Zeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first city is a good old average kind of thing. I've been gradually getting a handle on the systems (it's much more liberal than Simcity was, and simplified too of course, but actually more enjoyable to 'work around' the limits of these systems I think). I feel like my growth has slowed to a crawl as I've been going from 40000 to 64000, but in reality it's probably just been me taking more time trying out new plans in different districts for traffic management.

No Caption Provided

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gorillamopena: im sure your citizens are proud to be living in Roundaboutia.

I also started out with windy country lanes going around my residential but then quickly went to boring grids. Also ive been spending most my time bulldozing and rebuilding roads and destroying half my city in the process to try to fix traffic. Basically built one 4 lane running the length but i don't think it's helping much.

Also i still don't really understand industry. They keep saying they're out of raw materials. Do i have to build the industry on said materials, make a district over it and specialize it to that one resource so they actually work? I alwo think it may be a traffic thing holding up the raw materials getting to them.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

Just started a new town. "Fuck this pre-planning" I figured, so I'm just gonna play it as I feel it.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Here are a few shots of my first and only city. I'm sort of figuring stuff out as I go, but have gotten the city to expand pretty well without any major problems. Population is nearing a hundred thousand. I feel like this game is much better at communicating why your city is doing poorly as opposed to SimCity.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Spankmealotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is my first and only city at around 42k population right now. I have almost no straight roads and only 2 connections to the freeway on the edges. Virtually no traffic issues so far. Really enjoying this game.

No Caption Provided

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@splodge said:

God, my city is a dystopian hellscape full of garbage, traffic jams, and fire. I feel ashamed.

So, you recreated Newark, New Jersey?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge said:

God, my city is a dystopian hellscape full of garbage, traffic jams, and fire. I feel ashamed.

So, you recreated Newark, New Jersey?

Pretty much. Tonight I am going to remove all the fire and police stations and just let things roll.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spankmealotus: Curved roads are probably one of my favorite parts of the game. Making weird curvy areas is fun, and usually ends up looking nicer to me than grids.

@isomeri: I'm a big fan of how riverside stuff ends up looking in this game, especially when you have bridges and/or a dam.

@dave_tacitus: That five-way intersection sure is a thing. I do like your thought process though.

@jaqen_hghar: Those circular expansions are pretty cool. I haven't done a 'round' town yet, mostly just squiggles.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

My second city so far. THE GRID IS LIFE! Also I haven't put in any buses because I hate them. Going to focus on subways instead.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AlexW00d
No Caption Provided

My 'old town' got better and more full. Probably my favourite part of my city.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. These look amazing. I was on the fence about this game, but now I definitely need to buy it.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Admittedly I don't have a superb ability for making very dynamic looking cities, but I was at least able to get one nice looking screenshot of my city, and one that's not very flattering but I like the look of.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winsord: That first shot is pretty good.

@alexw00d: That cathedral is in a great spot.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jesus_Phish

Can anyone explain to me the purpose of paths? The ones under the decorations tab? They don't spawn locations for you to plant stuff down so I don't get the point in putting them anywhere.

I'll upload a screenshot of my starter city later. I picked the same map they took in the quicklook and as a result of my actions I can't expand to the north because it's just a river of shit.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'd been playing for a long time on 1 square, wondering how people were able to afford expansions so early. Only yesterday did I realize that the price for additional plots of land had cents displayed. So I thought I needed $3,600,000 when I really only needed $3,600.00.

Goddammit.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm impressed by the cities I see here. Mine looks kinda shitty and it's not even practical. Traffic jams everywhere.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: Oh wow, well at least you know now! It is pretty weird that it shows cents though.

@jesus_phish: Paths are for foot traffic. If a path can lead to where a citizen wants to go, they might walk instead of drive, and cut down on traffic. I try to make most roads and such connected by paths, or at least have paths that connect towards a metro station or bus stop (and paths that go over busy roads or other obstacles are helpful too). Some are used super heavily (such as ones near metro stations), some are only rarely used, but it's worth it to cut down on traffic. Plus, they can just look nice too.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winsord: Love the random park in the middle of all that industrial.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

This is my attempt at a farming community of small towns surrounded by crop fields. Currently at 5500 pop.