Cult of the Lamb Bugs

Axl159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has anyone else run into any bugs with Cult of the Lamb? I've been playing pretty heavily on my PS5 but I keep running into bugs that just make me want to stop. I've gotten Several soft locks where I have to load from a previous save, Mines come up as Lumberyards in the feed (and vice versa) and just some general jank.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep...on Xbox it's been a mess. From little things, to big game breaking things, it's one of the more borked up games that have been well received that I've seen in a while. I love it, but I had to just put it down and wait for a patch because it's really just detracting from the entire experience.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bigsocrates  Online

Tons of bugs on Xbox including a LOT of softlocks ranging from the screen staying black after moving to a new area to character getting locked into an animation waiting for an NPC who isn't coming. Also achievement bugs. Just a technical mess, which it seems like more and more games are these days.

El_Blarfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By El_Blarfo

I had a few softlocks/ black screen issues of the kind other folks have described. I'm on PS5.

I also had a cultist drop dead RIGHT INSIDE MY IDOL, rendering their corpse irretrievable and essentially capping my cult's health at about half because I can never clean up the body.

Honestly my problem has been that once the initial charm of the weirdness wears off, the game is just kind of repetitive. But that's for another thread.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@el_blarfo: As someone who got maybe 5 or 10 hours into Moonlighter then just got kinda bored of the thankless grind of alternating between dungeon runs and town management for upgrades, I’ve been wary of buying this game. This kind of genre hybrid is a pretty narrow tightrope to walk, and in most cases I find each half of the game is kinda subpar for its genre.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316

Yep, over the course of 15 hours I soft-locked dozens of times. Loved the game but man... it was rough. Froze during rituals while still taking my resources, enemies fell off the map and I got stuck, and all sorts of other weird stuff. These weren't funny glitches or something, they were game breaking (I was on the Series X).

Just mentioned this under the game mess video, since Saints Row's apparently super buggy but Cult of the Lamb has some of the most game-ending bugs I've experienced. Yet no one seemed to mention it in reviews? During the last few hours I just dealt with followers dying so I could get through the end.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

On Day 32 with about 7 hours played, only had one soft lock when I pulled up the trophy list after gaining my 10th follower to see roughly how many other players were that far into it. Otherwise, just the standard big chug at the start of a new day when I'm back at camp, it's run great otherwise.

PS5.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BisonHero

@csl316: I forget if it was Bombcast, Nextlander podcast, or elsewhere, but some gaming podcast mentioned that reviewers pretty much only got PC codes for the game, and it sounds like the PC version doesn’t have quite as many bugs/soft locks as the console version? Apparently the Switch version frame rate gets pretty chunky.

It’s a tough situation, because in the current era of reviews, they’re not often going to assign a reviewer to double check that performance is consistent across different platforms. Sadly that means cross-platform performance comparisons fall almost solely on social media word-of-mouth or Digital Foundry (which will focus its efforts more on high profile AAA games that justify their time, not every single multi platform indie game).

El_Blarfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By El_Blarfo
@bisonhero said:

@el_blarfo: As someone who got maybe 5 or 10 hours into Moonlighter then just got kinda bored of the thankless grind of alternating between dungeon runs and town management for upgrades, I’ve been wary of buying this game. This kind of genre hybrid is a pretty narrow tightrope to walk, and in most cases I find each half of the game is kinda subpar for its genre.

Agreed on all counts. For the first few hours Cult of the Lamb was scratching a Binding of Isaac-shaped itch for me, but as it turns out, neither the cult-building nor the dungeon-crawling have quite enough depth to keep me engaged. I got pretty far in out of sheer cussedness, but I finally bailed at about the 15 hour mark.

Axl159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me! I've been having a fun time with the game but I too had to put it down after all of the bugs just made it too annoying to continue.

suzukagongen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm on the Switch and got only one soft lock around Day 40-ish.

Occasionally, a restart is needed when I try to upgrade a regular grave to the stone grave, because instead of upgrading, it reverts back to a hole in the ground (with the body missing).

Day 65, however, definitely longer load times (especially when a milestone is reached).

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

15 hours in on PS5 and I’ve had a two or three cases of my character getting stuck off-screen, which fortunately didn’t occur during any important runs. One time my followers got stuck in place and another time I couldn’t get a ritual quest done, since the quest giver wouldn’t attend it.

I believe there has been multiple patches on PC by now and I do understand it’s a small team, so they have to prioritize things somehow, even though it still sucks. Fortunately it hasn’t ruined the game for me and so far this is the game that has glued me to my tv the most whole year.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, it really looks like the consoles versions are really more buggy than the PC versions, friends on discord and some streamers I watch aren't getting this many bugs.

Probably because PC. 😅

dodecalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished it off today on Switch (around day 94-95) but definitely had a few soft locks. I kept running into one where if you badly time indoctrinating a follower when it changes from night to day, it'll soft lock.

Spider's Cradle was by far the buggiest. I'd recommend avoiding any follower rooms on that level, the arena fight always breaks for me when one of the pink spiders disappears forever.

Great game though, I enjoyed my time with it for sure. Once you buy the item that lets you leave mid-run, the bugs aren't too troubling.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, it really looks like the consoles versions are really more buggy than the PC versions, friends on discord and some streamers I watch aren't getting this many bugs.

Probably because PC. 😅

Does stuttering and lousy frame pacing count as a bug? That was such an issue on my (rather beefy) PC that I refunded the game. Shame because I liked it in general, but at this point I'll be waiting to see if that problem gets addressed before buying it again.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I apparently bought it after a round of updates that addressed a lot of bugs but it still runs somewhat dodgy on PS5. It feels like it has a memory leak or something.

But I haven't run into any weird bugs that stopped progression or anything.

Avihaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The adorable cultist roguelike Cult of the Lamb has received a large new patch which tackles some of its largest bugs, including issues with rituals. The new indie cultist simulator Cult of the Lamb has quickly garnered a large following, but a handful of significant bugs have diminished some players' enjoyment.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I’m around 5 hours. No bugs, but I’ve seen performance issues on PS5. Transitioning from night to day in my village more or less stops the game. No crashes or any gameplay wonkiness so far. Makes me wonder if the bugs get worse the more you play it / the more systems are at play?