For those that haven't watched the Gamespot stage show:
- The game is first person, according to Kyle Riley (think I misheard his name) from CDPR. No mention of third person combat at all.
- It's an RPG first and foremost, with ranged and melee combat secondary to that, but is not an FPS by any means. I assumed there would be third-person melee combat for some reason, but he said otherwise!
- You don't pick a class at the beginning; it's dynamically based on the skills and whatnot you pick throughout the game.
- It's not all bubbly, candy-coloured daytime scenes; it will have those moody, neon, cyberpunk-noir vibes we want.
- It features certain characters from and other links to Cyberpunk 2020 throughout, but he didn't say how prevalent that would be.
- There are tech weapons which focus on penetrating armor, walls, etc.
- There's 'smart' weapons that auto-track enemies, for players who want more casual gunplay.
- Drivable cars
- Complete male and female voice acting for the MC.
- Your character is called 'V'.
- It's set in 'Night City', between L.A. and San Francisco near the coast of California.
- It has six unique districts.
- There are 'mega-buildings' with whole communities and marketplaces of their own inside.
- Two forms of XP: one standard type you receive from completing main quests, and another called 'street cred' that you get from side-quests. You unlock new 'fixers' (quest givers) as you level your street cred.
That's all I remember! The interview starts at the 1:03:49 mark.
- You can initiate bullet-time for a few seconds by huffing on a 'reflex booster'. Probably a consumable?
- You can see personal info above NPCs if you focus on them, Watch_Dogs style -- their job, character level, health status.
- You can buy cool jackets for your apartment closet that have different resistances and street cred boosts.
- Ripperdocs return from the tabletop games. Augmentation vendors, basically, not all legit.
- You can shoot while driving.
- Controllable bots.
- You can hack fools' minds.
- There are vents!
- Stealthy, death from above bliss.
- Ground slide at will.
- No loading screens in the world.
- Noodle bar.
- You can blow people's legs off.