stuck in a huge problem after blightown!

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

ok its not that huge but... (spoilers if you havent beaten the spiderboss at the end of blightown)
i just beat the flame spider with the lady ontop just after blightown (started helping others beat it too and made over 50k within 2 hours !!!) 
after that i rang the second bell, it showed a gate being open in a cutscene which is sooo far back! its nearly impossible for me to go back through blightown and depths again.
 is their a shortcut from where i am?
also another thing, i found a secret path under the bell which led me to this spider girl who let me join her covenant (she gave me a new pyrnomancy move too :P) , i have noooo idea what this covenant is (chaos convenant i think)
i also offered 2 of my humanity thinking something awesome will happen, but nothing happened, at the end of the path their was a blocked wall, can i open that somehow? somebody wrote a message saying "need humanity" and the message had high ratings, can that wall somehow open?
i also found another path leading to the demon caves i think its called (lava everywhere with a red atmosphere) is that my only way forward now? im a pyromancer and it seems i will be going in thier fighting fire with fire, and kind soul here to help me? :(

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

OMG SOME BOGEY JUST GREW OUT MY HEAD WTF???? whaaatT??!??"?"?"?!?!?!?!

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CptBedlam

@GeneralMojo_786:

1. You get something after giving her 10 and 30 humanity.

2. There's a quick way back to Firelink near the wooden elevator in Blighttown (just outside of Queelags domain)

3. Have fun with your mutating head (there's antidote for it and you can get it from several places)

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cincaid

@GeneralMojo_786:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

• You need to donate 30 humanity to open the door you're talking about. It leads to an area you're going to much later in the game, so it's nothing important now.
  • I suggest you enter the Demon Ruins (with lava) for a suicide run and pick up the best light armor in the game. It's at an altar with almost no enemies before it. Be aware that when you pick it up a boss will come alive and most likely kill you within seconds. You still get to keep the armor though, so it's definatly worth it.
  • There's no easy way out from Blighttown, sadly. The best advice I can give you is that when you exit the spider lair to head to the left side and look for a waterwheel building. Ride the waterwheel up, keep going up on the ladders and stuff, and eventually you'll come to a tunnel leading to Valley of Drakes. Go over a bridge, enter a door to the left, and you're now in New Londo Ruins. Keep heading UP the stairs to an elevator, ride it up, and you're back at Firelink Shrine.
Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Aishan

If you give the Chaos Servants 30 Humanity you open a shortcut later in the game, and said shortcut is the only way to save the life on an NPC much later on.

As for getting out of Blighttown - use the waterwheel as an elevator.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cincaid

@GeneralMojo_786: Also, if you managed to get a thing growing on your head, the egg-dude in the same room as the spider covenant can sell you an antidote.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@Cincaid: i attacked him!!!!! :***0
hes now hostile towards me!  what will that thing on my head do to me?
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@Cincaid: i guess the lava area is my only option, theres no way im going to valley of drakes and new anor londo, ive been their both and its not nice, and im most defo not giving away 30 humanity, i barely have 15, i guess its the demon lava whatever area the way for me to go :(
Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aishan

@GeneralMojo_786 said:

@Cincaid: i guess the lava area is my only option, theres no way im going to valley of drakes and new anor londo, ive been their both and its not nice, and im most defo not giving away 30 humanity, i barely have 15, i guess its the demon lava whatever area the way for me to go :(

Don't do Demon Ruins, you wont be ready for it.

While the exit out of Blighttown takes you through Valley of Drakes and New Londo Ruins, you don't actually have to fight anything there. Once you're out of Blighttown you're homefree up to Firelink.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StrikeALight

The back-end of Blighty leading to Valley of the Drakes really isn't as bad as it sounds. You just cross a rickety old bridge, turn a corner and you're then in the ruins of anor londo, which is perfectly safe. Then just take the lift back up to Firelink.

Actually, this is the preferred way of accessing Blighty for new players, but its only availiable if they chose the Master Key. Lost izalith would be the far deadlier option (depending on you SL).

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@Aishan: valley of draked has those lightningh dragons which i found tough, and new londo ruins has ghosts which i cant fight, are you saying theres a way i can skip past through? im level 44 you sure i cant handle demon ruins?
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@StrikeALight: that huge gate that opened after i rang the second bell, i plan on going past their after i camped at firelink, is that ok for me? im level 44 and im confident in my weapons and pyromancy.
StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StrikeALight

@GeneralMojo_786 said:

@Aishan: valley of draked has those lightningh dragons which i found tough, and new londo ruins has ghosts which i cant fight, are you saying theres a way i can skip past through? im level 44 you sure i cant handle demon ruins?

Technically, you'll be entering valley of drakes. More specifically, you'll just be bypassing it via a bridge. No enemy encounters of any kind once you're out of Blighty.

@StrikeALight: that huge gate that opened after i rang the second bell, i plan on going past their after i camped at firelink, is that ok for me? im level 44 and im confident in my weapons and pyromancy.

The Ruins and are beyond that door. You'll probrably die a couple of times, but thats to be expected! Just don't wander in with a bunch of souls / humanity that you can't afford to lose, especially if its your first time.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@StrikeALight: ok im gona try that, thanks :D
Crossroads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Crossroads

You can't really get anywhere in Demon Ruins yet, save for that sweet light armor. The shortcut past Valley of Drakes is your best bet. Minimal hostility (don't need to fight any dragons, just a couple of giants), and you end up right at the beginning of New Londo Ruins, before the ghosts.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By shirogane

Demon Ruins is a dead end for you right now either way. So yeah, turn back.

Avatar image for thehermaeusmora
TheHermaeusMora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheHermaeusMora

i would say to go to sens fort then the forest if not already then take on anor lando. if your up to it you can go into the catacombs but i waited until i was done with anor lando

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@TheHermaeusMora: where are the catocombs? is sens fort the huge gate that opened? and no way im going anor londo, those ghosts are impossible for me to kill.
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CptBedlam

@GeneralMojo_786 said:

@TheHermaeusMora: where are the catocombs? is sens fort the huge gate that opened? and no way im going anor londo, those ghosts are impossible for me to kill.

Anor Londo and New Londo Ruins are two different places.

Go to the fortress that has opened by ringing the bells now. That's Sen's Fortress. After you completed that, do Anor Londo (becomes accessible after Sen's).

Also, the ghosts in New Londo Ruins aren't that bad. You just have to be cursed to be able to hit them and block their attacks.

And before you go into the Catacombs (behind the graveyard at Firelink), make yourself a divine weapon. I took the Lucerne that I found very early in the catacombs and modified it into a divine Lucerne+5. Catacombs were pretty easy that way.

Avatar image for thehermaeusmora
TheHermaeusMora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheHermaeusMora

anor lando is after sen fort you are thinking of new lando and yes its to hard right now. catacombs are past those skeletons that dont give you souls

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nadril

Go back to sen's than anor londo. You're going to need an antidote (egg vermifuge or w/e) to get rid of that thing on your head. If you don't it will continue to suck up a portion of your souls you get. 

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
@CptBedlam said:

@GeneralMojo_786 said:

Anor Londo and New Londo Ruins are two different places.

Go to the fortress that has opened by ringing the bells now. That's Sen's Fortress. After you completed that, do Anor Londo (becomes accessible after Sen's).

Also, the ghosts in New Londo Ruins aren't that bad. You just have to be cursed to be able to hit them and block their attacks.

And before you go into the Catacombs (behind the graveyard at Firelink), make yourself a divine weapon. I took the Lucerne that I found very early in the catacombs and modified it into a divine Lucerne+5. Catacombs were pretty easy that way.

Just want to point out you don't have to be cursed in the shitty way. There is an item called transient curse which you can buy from the undead lady merchant by the short cut to the depths. She only has four of them, but you can get by with a couple to start out with.

The item is just a temporary curse, but it lasts long enough to do some damage. Ghosts will also sometimes drop 2 of them and you can find more by pillaging corpses. If you play it smart, you can get through the ruins without much trouble and with curses to spare.
imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By imsh_pl
@GeneralMojo_786
1.Start from the bonfire after Quelaag
2.Leave Quelaag's domain (enter Blighttown)
3.Stay near the left side of the fortress until you reach the large wooden elevator
4.Use it and go to the top
5.Turn left and go to the end of the walkway, use the ladder to go up
6.Go along the walkway until you reach the next ladder up. You'll know it's the right one if there are about 3 more ladders leading up after it, and behind one of those is the crabmonster (climb all the ladders)
7.Go along the walkway, be wary of falling. There will be about 4 dung giants in a big dark corridor. Lure them out and take care of them or just dash through
8.You should arrive at the area called valley of drakes
9.Go about 5 meters to the right and use the long plank to get to the other side of the cliff
10.Go left and open the metal door (warning: I opened it from the other side first, it could be possible that it can only be opened that way)
11.You'll arrive in new londo ruins
12.Stay near the left side, you should find an entrance and a few sets of stairs. Go up.
13.You should find a lever which will summon a round elevator when pulled; it will lead you to firelink shrine

I hope you can find your way through there, if not just ask for more info. This can sound extremely disorienting but it takes about 4 minutes and 5 enemies to get from blighttown to undead parish
TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TeamJersey

After you pick up the light armor in the Demon Ruins and the Ceaseless Discharge *snickers* wakes up, there are two extremely easy ways to kill him. Either run all the way back to where you traversed the white and he will follow you and fall into a bottomless pit OR about halfway back to where you entered the boss fight area there is a crack in the stone you can go up into....he will swing at you back there but his hand can easily be avoided and you can just pick away at his health until he is dead. Easy. Now you can explore some more of the Demon Ruins. Beware the Minotaurs and Capra Demons. Yes, I said Capra DEMONS. Plural.

mithical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mithical

It's already been said but I'll clarify, the "waterwheel" elevator leads you up to a different path of Blighttown. Before you get on it, there is a bridge made of tree roots. It that leads to a Remedy (sorcery) scroll and some red light clothes. They're not bad but not as good as the gold-hemmed stuff you may have snagged before leaving the Demon Ruins. I've died like 6 times trying to get back over that bridge because there's a little snag you need some speed to cross. Fair warning. =)

There are maybe 2 of those fire breathing squishy things, and if you are quick on climbing the ladders, you probably won't have to fight them. Same with the mosquitos that slowly chase you. I think there may be one or two of those bastard dart shooters. There is a side path up here where you can snag some souls and another Firekeeper Soul.

Grab a key on a corpse at the top, you'll need it if you don't have a Master Key.

Make your way through the tunnel (the colour filter will change to green) and there are 3 giants. Fight or run past them.

You'll come out (colour filter change again) into a huge gorge with paths on either side and a rickety bridge between them. This is part of Valley of the Drakes, but the enemies are so far you can't even see them. You'll be here maybe 15 seconds. Cross the bridge, head to the left, open the gate with your key and take the stairs down.

You'll come out in New Londo Ruins but the only enemies are non-hostile hollows. You can take a trip to the right down some stairs to visit a blacksmith. After that, stick to the left side and follow the walls. You'll climb some circling stairs which leads to an elevator back to Firelink. Climb the stairs and you'll come out near the Firekeeper.

I actually first entered Blighttown this way (I had a Master Key). I couldn't see a damn thing when I got to the swamp at the bottom and decided to return later, hopefully better equipped. At this point I hadn't even entered Lower Undead Burg, let alone the Depths.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

wow thank you so much every1, i got time to play some ps3, gona be off to firlink now!

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

im back now, but can some1 please tell me whats that thing growing on my head??????

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By strainedeyes

@GeneralMojo_786 said:

im back now, but can some1 please tell me whats that thing growing on my head??????

You messed with one of those dudes with sacks on their back, and he exploded into a bunch of worms. One of them infected you. You need to use the Egg Vermifuge item (dropped by those green things attached to trees in Darkroot) to get rid of it.

Or you can keep it and it will grow into a worm that will attack enemies when you do the "Kick" attack, but it does take like half of your earned souls.

GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@Geo7877:

"Or you can keep it and it will grow into a worm that will attack enemies when you do the "Kick" attack, but it does take like half of your earned souls." - Thats hillarious! thanks for telling me i think ill get rid of it, it takes away from helmet armour stats