The Dark Souls II Boss Review! (All the Spoilers)

• 57 results
Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@seveword: Kudos for having a well written, fun to read post.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I hear a lot of people talking about how Smelter and Velstadt were hard but honestly its really easy to dodge them. I was a heavy STR build my first time around but I went in full bore and just double handed my great sword and killed them. If you roll straight past them NOT TO THE SIDE but straight with good timing you'll always dodge their swipes. Velstadt even gives you tons of openings to just wail on him when he starts doing his magic attacks. As long as you're standing BEHIND him when he does it they won't hit you. Smelter I'll admit is a bit more of a problem however he is totally still doable solo melee.

Honestly, I think Ruin Sentries are my least favorite fight in the game. Albeit I didn't even realize you could fight Vendrick on my first run. Should be interesting to see if I maintain my opinions as this time I'm going in as a magic build. My pre disposed knowledge is letting me steamroll bosses at the moment but I'm sure it will catch up to me.

nosferat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I haven't beaten the game yet (in the Castle, recently beat the dual Dragonriders), but the toughest bosses for me (I started with shield and halberd, then shield and longsword, now I'm basically two-handing my longsword +10 and rolling instead of blocking) were Smelter Demon (really fun battle though. Meleeing this guy was challenging), Ruin Sentinels (had to summon help for this one. I feel confident now I could beat them on my own), Lost Sinner (this took 22 attempts. She's so fast and aggressive), and the Gargoyles (also 22 attempts. Ugh). I'm way more biased than I probably should be, but I think most of the boss designs are great. I think The Rotten was incredibly awesome. My only problem with the designs were the beginning areas, it seemed EVERY boss was a knight, or knight-like. I think the bosses are on par, difficulty wise, with Dark Souls. There's just so many more. But, I love boss battles. LOVE THEM. Bring it on

Myrmicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tips for the Darklurker : PYROMANCY !

This guy is really, really weak to fire. Keep a shield with good darkness/magic protection handy (Watcher's shield) turn around him. You have opportunities to cast flame swathe : Right after his magic sword swing, he takes time to recover. Right after his flambing balls of doom... but that's trickier. When he goes up in the air to make his beam of doom, you run straight up UNDER him and put his pants on fire. Twice. The other attacks offer little to no oppening

When he is below 70/75% health, STAY CLOSE TO HIM AND WAIT ! But not too close, or he'll teleport away.
Only attack if he attack (during his recovery time). Look for the time when he starts closing his wings around himself. If he do that, run to him and start a Fire Tempest (or the upgraded versions) for MASSIVE damage. I used a Fire Storm during his splitting and by the time the pair of Darklurkers started looking at me, they were dead.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By freakin9

The Lost Sinner fight in NG+ is probably the funnest co-op experience in the game. It's just challenging enough that it isn't a sure win like most co-op in this game. But not frustrating either.

NG+ in general has been a nice surprise, but that fight especially.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Finally tackled Ancient Dragon today. First I farmed all the mobs for the sweet XP, whilst laying down small white soapstone summons for smooth and silky tokens for the twinkling titanite lottery. Once the spawns dried up, I started my bossruns.

I had two good tries going at it in my standard gear, but my damage was abysmal. In my best try, my Dragon's Tooth broke halfway through, and I had to switch weapons. In the end, I fucked it up after like 20 minutes of plinking away at the dude.

Switched gear to dualwielding Lightning Greatswords +10 and all offensive rings, which cut the fight duration down to less than 5 minutes, due to great damage output. Beat the son of a bitch finally. Took me almost the whole afternoon.

Finally beat them all. I guess I'll do a NG+ playthrough and be done with it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@myrmicus said:

Tips for the Darklurker : PYROMANCY !

This guy is really, really weak to fire. Keep a shield with good darkness/magic protection handy (Watcher's shield) turn around him. You have opportunities to cast flame swathe : Right after his magic sword swing, he takes time to recover. Right after his flambing balls of doom... but that's trickier. When he goes up in the air to make his beam of doom, you run straight up UNDER him and put his pants on fire. Twice. The other attacks offer little to no oppening

When he is below 70/75% health, STAY CLOSE TO HIM AND WAIT ! But not too close, or he'll teleport away.

Only attack if he attack (during his recovery time). Look for the time when he starts closing his wings around himself. If he do that, run to him and start a Fire Tempest (or the upgraded versions) for MASSIVE damage. I used a Fire Storm during his splitting and by the time the pair of Darklurkers started looking at me, they were dead.

Hurling lightning at Darklurker makes the fight a joke too.