#1  Edited By LordAndrew
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By danielkempster

Bumped for the sake of reminding people this needs to be done. One month later and this page still exists. Don't Mods have page deletion tools anymore?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

War of the Lions contains gameplay content that isn't in the original version.  Unless Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable are going to be merged into the Persona 3 article, I see no reason to delete War of the Lions.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Hailinel said:

" War of the Lions contains gameplay content that isn't in the original version.  Unless Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable are going to be merged into the Persona 3 article, I see no reason to delete War of the Lions. "

Unless you want to create a subsection in Tactics about War of the Lions. They're both the same game essentially with some notable differences. I don't see why you should delete it but if you are at least put a subsection in the Tactics page about the PSP version.
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By danielkempster
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Hailinel said:

" War of the Lions contains gameplay content that isn't in the original version.  Unless Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable are going to be merged into the Persona 3 article, I see no reason to delete War of the Lions. "

Unless you want to create a subsection in Tactics about War of the Lions. They're both the same game essentially with some notable differences. I don't see why you should delete it but if you are at least put a subsection in the Tactics page about the PSP version. "
There's already a subsection on the Tactics page. This was discussed in great detail last year, although I can't find the thread right now, and it was decided then that War of the Lions didn't contain enough original content to warrant its own page. 
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake
@dankempster: Ah I see it now. At the very bottom. Small but it's sufficient enough for a subsection. My bad. Guess we need War the Lions page to be deleted then.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Karl_Boss

The page should stay....it is essentially releasing the game on another system while putting extras in it.....its release on another system is reason enough to warrant its own page in my opinion.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hailinel

I still don't see a compelling reason to delete the page.  War of the Lions is no different than Persona 3 FES, which has its own page and no one seems to be protesting that.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake

I thought we decided on this. Personally I don't think it'll hurt to put it on a seperate page since that subsection doesn't do the game any justice. But that's just personal preference.

jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By jj984jj

There's lots of ports like this on PSP that do have their own pages but I try to avoid contributing much regarding ports/remakes, since there isn't a decisive way to do so. There was a similar issue about FFIV DS a while ago as well.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Karl_Boss

Here's how I see it.....when a compilation of previously released games is released on a different platform it is allowed to have a seperate page.....so this is like releasing a previously released game on another system (with extras) so it should be allowed to have its own seperate page.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hailinel

It should also be noted that numerous Square Enix games have multiple versions, and many of those versions have their own pages, like the International versions of Final Fantasy games and the Final Mix Kingdom Hearts titles.  Each of those games have content that was not included in their original releases, sometimes including significant plot or story elements.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eroticfishcake

We could delete it...but the subsection in the original could do more expanding as well. I don't think it justifies the port enough.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok
@Hailinel said:
" I still don't see a compelling reason to delete the page.  War of the Lions is no different than Persona 3 FES, which has its own page and no one seems to be protesting that. "
Wait... isn't FES basically the main game + an expansion pack? War of the Lions is basically the original game with a few additions, while FES is, like I said, a whole added story/epilogue.

They don't really compare, in my eyes.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hailinel
@PureRok said:
" @Hailinel said:
" I still don't see a compelling reason to delete the page.  War of the Lions is no different than Persona 3 FES, which has its own page and no one seems to be protesting that. "
Wait... isn't FES basically the main game + an expansion pack? War of the Lions is basically the original game with a few additions, while FES is, like I said, a whole added story/epilogue.  They don't really compare, in my eyes. "
So what about Tekken 6 and Tekken 6:  Bloodline Rebellion?  Bloodline Rebellion is a tweaked version of Tekken 6, yet is separate.  Or the International edition of FFXII?  Same game, but includes new license grids.  How is it that FES has enough content to justify its own page, yet the DS version of Final Fantasy IV is grouped together with the original version and its myriad rereleases?
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PureRok
@Hailinel said:
" @PureRok said:
" @Hailinel said:
Wait... isn't FES basically the main game + an expansion pack? War of the Lions is basically the original game with a few additions, while FES is, like I said, a whole added story/epilogue.  They don't really compare, in my eyes. "
So what about Tekken 6 and Tekken 6:  Bloodline Rebellion?  Bloodline Rebellion is a tweaked version of Tekken 6, yet is separate.  Or the International edition of FFXII?  Same game, but includes new license grids.  How is it that FES has enough content to justify its own page, yet the DS version of Final Fantasy IV is grouped together with the original version and its myriad rereleases? "
I wouldn't give any of those games their own pages except for FES.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hailinel
@PureRok said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @PureRok said:
" @Hailinel said:
So what about Tekken 6 and Tekken 6:  Bloodline Rebellion?  Bloodline Rebellion is a tweaked version of Tekken 6, yet is separate.  Or the International edition of FFXII?  Same game, but includes new license grids.  How is it that FES has enough content to justify its own page, yet the DS version of Final Fantasy IV is grouped together with the original version and its myriad rereleases? "
I wouldn't give any of those games their own pages except for FES. "
Jeff actually went out of his way to keep Tekken 6 and Bloodline Rebellion separate, given that the home version of Tekken 6 is Bloodline Rebellion without the subtitle.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By eroticfishcake

Is there an official guideline to ports or expansions of a game? From what I've seen lately it's a bit of a grey area.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Karl_Boss
@eroticfishcake said:
" Is there an official guideline to ports or expansions of a game? From what I've seen lately it's a bit of a grey area. "
I don't think there is one yet but yes your right this is a huge grey area that needs to be officially addressed by the staff.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Unknown_Pleasures: Aye. So do we tell the staff or the Wiki moderators?
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hailinel
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Unknown_Pleasures: Aye. So do we tell the staff or the Wiki moderators? "
You'd think that one or the other would have seen this thread by now.