How do I correctly inset a picture?

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AlwaysAngry

I edited the fog page, but as you can see, the picture is below the text. I can't type any words below or to the left of the picture, and it looks kind of ugly.  Good thing I didn't have to type any more words, or-else they would have had to have been above the picture. 

I really want to know in case of future edits.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AlwaysAngry

For some reason, this wasn't put on the front page...

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By xMP44x

If you're on Firefox at least, you can drag the image and place it whereever you want. Of course it must be on the same side as you selected to use the image, or it won't work. So if you choose to put the image on the left of the wiki, then you can't drag it to the right hand side. But here is how to try and hopefully get it placed right to begin with:

Click somewhere in the text where you feel you could add a nice image. Select the 'Insert' button and then choose the image you want. Set the options how you want them, and then accept it. That should be the problem solved. Should. Oh, and as for the Firefox method above, there is a problem with the idea of dragging it around. Once you drag it you can no longer decide what side to put it on, or to add a caption or resize it, because the little yellow-ish bar won't appear for that image unless you delete it and reinsert it. It might work if you accept the edits to the wiki and then change it, but I have not tried that.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@xMP44x said:

" If you're on Firefox at least, you can drag the image and place it whereever you want. Of course it must be on the same side as you selected to use the image, or it won't work. So if you choose to put the image on the left of the wiki, then you can't drag it to the right hand side. But here is how to try and hopefully get it placed right to begin with:

Click somewhere in the text where you feel you could add a nice image. Select the 'Insert' button and then choose the image you want. Set the options how you want them, and then accept it. That should be the problem solved. Should. Oh, and as for the Firefox method above, there is a problem with the idea of dragging it around. Once you drag it you can no longer decide what side to put it on, or to add a caption or resize it, because the little yellow-ish bar won't appear for that image unless you delete it and reinsert it. It might work if you accept the edits to the wiki and then change it, but I have not tried that. "

Thanks...I'll log on to Fire Fox and try. 

It worked, but I still can't figure out how to type below the image. I guess I'll just wait until I'm done to add any images next time.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA

I've found that images are a lot easier to format in Google Chrome.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@StarFoxA said:
" I've found that images are a lot easier to format in Google Chrome. "
I was using Chrome, when I had the problem. 

Like I said, I'll just wait until I'm done editing to add anymore picture. 

Also, I'm proud that the first page I edited, I became the top editor!!! :D
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By StarFoxA
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @StarFoxA said:
I was using Chrome, when I had the problem.  Like I said, I'll just wait until I'm done editing to add anymore picture.   Also, I'm proud that the first page I edited, I became the top editor!!! :D "
Oh, I think I know what happened. When you inserted the image, did you click on the space in between paragraphs? There's a glitch that causes the image to appear at the bottom when you try and place images there, at least in my experience. If you place the cursor in front of a paragraph, it's easier to format.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@StarFoxA said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @StarFoxA said:
I was using Chrome, when I had the problem.  Like I said, I'll just wait until I'm done editing to add anymore picture.   Also, I'm proud that the first page I edited, I became the top editor!!! :D "
Oh, I think I know what happened. When you inserted the image, did you click on the space in between paragraphs? There's a glitch that causes the image to appear at the bottom when you try and place images there, at least in my experience. If you place the cursor in front of a paragraph, it's easier to format. "
I forget exactly, but all is better now, the new edit was just accepted. Thanks. 

Now stare at the masterpiece I made!