Here's a another quickie faq going over the submissions system here.
The general submission / moderation flow
Basically, you guys are making tons of edits to the site. As new users, your submissions go to a general queue that the staff members look over and moderate. If your submission is approved, you earn points (varying based upon your content). Earn 1000 points and you no longer have to go through the moderation channels and can make live edits.
How long will it take my submissions to be looked at?
We're aiming for 24 hours, but well, lets just say... you guys love the bomb. We've got a HUGE amount of submissions that we're going through. Jeff and the boys are doing their best to take on this early flood of stuff. We're approving stuff by the order they were sent in. Have patience with us this first week. Most of you guys will get 1000 points soon enough and not have to worry about it anyway.
How can you help?
To keep the number submissions down. Please try and make all your content submissions for a page in one edit, instead of multiple ones. In the coming weeks, we'll be looking to the community for some trusty moderators to help out as well. However, we're no where near that point right now so please don't send us PMs volunteering just yet.
What are the most common reasons submissions are rejected?
- Stealing content from other websites like Wikipedia
- Uploading Images that have watermarks
- Bad grammar and spelling
- You tried to add a page we already had, and didn't bother to browse for the page if it didn't show up in search.
Anything else to know?
- We're continuing to optimize the performance of the site. Until then, it's prolly a good idea to keep a copy of your longer bios in a separate window just in case something... er blows up.
- Our editor sometimes freaks out on copy/pasted content. If you are copy pasting from a different document, please paste it into a regular .txt editor like notepad or textmate before posting. This will ensure any random HTML is not added into your submission.
Log in to comment