The deal with H3 and H4...

Zeemod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Zeemod

I'm referring to the (Header 3) and (Header 4) tools in wiki editing and posting. They seem very useless. All either of them do is create new lines that one could create simply by pressing "return" or "enter". It's plain and clear what the purpose of H2 does for instance... 

Hi, I'm a new idea!!!

... but have the function of H3 or H4 just not been programmed yet? or are they gimmicks?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

H3

H4

The former (H3) is useful for creating sub sections in wikis. The latter is basically just bold.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
@zeemod155: They should make the text slightly larger as you can see in nate's post. If it doesn't work for you, maybe try in another browser.
Zeemod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Zeemod

H4 is still kinda new to me. But I realized, H3 only works (for me) if I highlight desired text, something I tried out right now (lol).

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew
@zeemod155 said:

" H4 is still kinda new to me. But I realized, H3 only works (for me) if I highlight desired text, something I tried out right now (lol). "

Don't they all work that way? I never use those buttons without selecting text first. If I don't select first, the chances of the WYSIWYG editor breaking is higher. I've seen enough cases of people unable to do simple things like turn off italics to know what there are things that should never, ever be done with the text editor.
ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ethan

H2, H3, and H4 are more about organizing information for search engines than anything else.  They tell google what parts of information are important.