Things, locations, people, etc.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

I've noticed that a lot of people have just been uploading images of common things for points. I think that users should only be allowed to upload images of things, locations, or people as they appear in video game form.

EDIT: Exceptions could include concept art and people within the industry such as Shigeru Miyamoto.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By xruntime

Agreed

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Emiel

Why are you people so concerned with other people earning points?

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#4  Edited By JackiJinx
Emiel said:
"Why are you people so concerned with other people earning points?
"
Because points leads to moderation rights, and if all a person does is upload pictures of grass to get their 1000 or, God forbid, 5000, then there's likely to be some pain-in-the-neck pages/changes by the grass people that will make the people who do know what they're doing go mad.
carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By carzy
StarFoxA said:
"I've noticed that a lot of people have just been uploading images of common things for points. I think that users should only be allowed to upload images of things, locations, or people as they appear in video game form.
"
agreed 100%
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By breton

I've been ranting to myself about this for quite a while. I'm in full agreement, and hope it's seriously considered. While I do have a reasonable hatred toward the fact that they get points for it, I'm more upset that it's just not what I want to see on a GAME website. I come here to see information on my favorite past time, and it's graphically rendered content. Not some random google results of a chainsaw or gun.