What do I need to buy to access all content?

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all, I noticed the DLC season pass and recent other DLC has become on sale on PSN for Destiny 2. My question is, outside of the base game, what do I need to purchase to have access to all single player and multiplayer content? Do I need the Year 1 season pass too or was that part of the free to play launch? Thanks.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@johnlocke: Destiny 2 New Light comes with all Year 1 content (Base + Curse of Osiris & Warmind).

To have access to everything you will need to purchase Forsaken (which comes with Forsaken + The Annual Pass[Season of the Forge/Drifter/Opulence]) and Shadowkeep (which comes with the current season pass, which right now is Season of Dawn). Then you will have to buy each subsequent Season Pass as they come out.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vextroid: Ok, cool. Thank you for explaining this, I got confused with how all the content worked and what pack included what.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's actually two versions of Shadowkeep you can buy. The cheaper version which is just Shadowkeep and the current season, or the slightly more expensive version that includes Shadowkeep and all of the subsequent seasons coming up after Season of the Dawn, which I believe is two more this year?

Or at least that was the case about a month ago. I suspect they still offer both versions. As someone who bought Destiny 2 on release and didn't think it had enough content to justify the price, that's not the case now. There's PLENTY of stuff to make it worth the investment.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarnecki said:

There's actually two versions of Shadowkeep you can buy. The cheaper version which is just Shadowkeep and the current season, or the slightly more expensive version that includes Shadowkeep and all of the subsequent seasons coming up after Season of the Dawn, which I believe is two more this year?

Or at least that was the case about a month ago. I suspect they still offer both versions. As someone who bought Destiny 2 on release and didn't think it had enough content to justify the price, that's not the case now. There's PLENTY of stuff to make it worth the investment.

there is only 1 version now I think, the "upgrade version" which just has the current season pass. (which is nothing but more loot you can get as you upgrade and completely goes away if you don't do it) complete waste of money IMO.

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bungie really does do a shit job welcoming new and returning players. I've tried a couple of times to come back after playing forsaken, and it's just too tedious to figure out what I need to do. On top of that, Shadowkeep doesn't seem to offer enough interesting content to justify the price tag of both it and the seasons.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

If you are further behind than Forsaken, I'd just pick that up right now. There isn't enough in the current Season to justify owning it imo. With Forsaken, there is a lot there (and it's under $25), get caught up, and wait for the next season if you are caught up, or the Summer Season (around June) that will lead up to the next big Fall expansion (or Destiny 3 possibly). Those are the Season Passes that will be more meaty I think since what we have now was likely developed alongside Shadowkeep and won't be improved like last years Opulence was. That Summer Season will likely be the worthwhile content leading up to Fall, and that's about the time you want to be caught up for what comes next anyways.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By csl316

After the live stream today, is all the stuff explained above still accurate?

I beat base Destiny 2 at launch and I'm interested in playing through the rest of the expansion story. I'm not too concerned with things like raids and seasons and loot, I'm purely here for what I'd consider campaign DLC.

Looks like PSN has an upgrade edition with Forsaken and Shadowkeep. But then I'm reading about the free to play New Light announcements last year. I own the game on disc so should I be looking at the upgrade edition or the individual expansions? Boy, it's confusing.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah, this is super confusing. I own both Forsaken and and Shadowkeep but haven't completed either. Does this mean I have to finish both before Beyond Light comes out?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

After the live stream today, is all the stuff explained above still accurate?

I beat base Destiny 2 at launch and I'm interested in playing through the rest of the expansion story. I'm not too concerned with things like raids and seasons and loot, I'm purely here for what I'd consider campaign DLC.

Looks like PSN has an upgrade edition with Forsaken and Shadowkeep. But then I'm reading about the free to play New Light announcements last year. I own the game on disc so should I be looking at the upgrade edition or the individual expansions? Boy, it's confusing.

currently foresaken and shadowkeep are the only thing you need to pay for besides the seasons. When you buy shadowkeep you get the current season "free". All the old expansions and the base game are now free.

I am watching the event for the new stuff coming out now so I'm not sure if this is changing.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the old expansions and the base game are now free.

Though when the new expansions launches they are going to be removing them from the game(specifically Mars, Io, Titan, Mercury, and Leviathan are going away) so Curse of Osiris, Warmind, and I guess part of the main campaign are just gonna be...gone.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How in good conscience can they charge people for expansions that are going to be unplayable in a year or two? They should fully switch to a free-to-play model if this is the route they're going down.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conmulligan: The stuff they are removing now is all in the ones they made free to play, though I would certainly be pretty pissed if I had bought them back when they came out. What they do in the future though is a mystery. Will they make Forsaken and Shadowkeep free to play at some point then a year later take them away? Who knows. Certainly makes me reconsider ever buying anything from them again.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot: I paid for the base game and all the expansions, but that was a bad choice regardless of this decision :D. In any case, the implication very much seems to be that Forsaken, Shadowkeep and eventually Beyond Light content will go into the vault to make room for subsequent expansions.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot said:
@oursin_360 said:

All the old expansions and the base game are now free.

Though when the new expansions launches they are going to be removing them from the game(specifically Mars, Io, Titan, Mercury, and Leviathan are going away) so Curse of Osiris, Warmind, and I guess part of the main campaign are just gonna be...gone.

Yup, so unless it's just getting rid of the f2p I would avoid buying any current expansions as they are going to have to offer something for free. They will be getting rid of 4 destinations(all free) for this expansion, and adding 2 (one paid). So you will be left with only 5 (as the moon is pay to play)and losing ALL the story content to know wtf is actually going on in this game lol.

I guess they have given up on new players and only making a game for current players.