#51  Edited By FLStyle

@boonsong: Never underestimate the power of a Full Nelson hold

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

If I'm not mistaken, they blew up the moon in original Dragonball as well. It's apparently not a big thing.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

I wish I had access to this series in some way. I haven't watched the show since I was a kid, and only through the end of the Cell Saga. I'm intrigued by the idea of an edited down version of the DBZ I watched as a kid, that appeals to me as an adult with less free time.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Can someone with image editing skills please take the Dan Ryckert Google Glass image and turn it into Dan Ryckert wearing a scouter? Feel free to reference a power level while you're at it.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@nodima: are you not in the US? All of the Blu-rays are available now, and I think the first three seasons are even available for purchase streaming through Amazon.

lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still gotta catch up on Dragon Ball Super but I might have to follow along with Dragon Ball Z Kai. I really want to start watching all the dragon ball movies cause theres some characters i like from those.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@justin258: They did. They discovered what it does to Goku in Dragonball. Which is why they (Piccolo) blow it up in DBZ when they hear more saiyans are coming if I remember things correctly.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

@myketuna said:

I like it.

@spakkle said:

Looking forward to this so much I made this thing.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sethmode: I also immediately googled looking for an answer but yeah, no that totally is what happened. And like @justin258 mentioned, apparently the moon had been destroyed previously in DB. So, is the moon just able to regenerate itself? Actually, I don't really care. I'm kinda glad this show doesn't seem to give a fuck about logic or consistency. It means I can just sit back, relax and watch all the crazy shit just happen.

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@boonsong: the moon came back because of the dragon balls.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By handlas

Anyone watch the episodes on the Xbox store? I bought some... not sure if they are the shortened versions or not. They appear to not be edited like the Toonami ones were (or at least not as edited in terms of showing blood). Couldn't find them to purchase digitally elsewhere; Amazon seems like u can only buy the discs.

Jumped in to season 3. I watched the show originally in elementary school when it first came on Toonami and I distinctly remember being so mad because the show basically went on an endless repeat before the Frieza Saga ended (before Goku even goes Super) because they didn't have anymore translated episodes or something. Never watched it past that.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@sethmode said:

@nodima: are you not in the US? All of the Blu-rays are available now, and I think the first three seasons are even available for purchase streaming through Amazon.

I suppose I mean through a streaming service I already pay for (Netflix/Hulu). I'm not interested enough to just own the thing outright, nor get another subscription package.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By handlas

@nodima said:
@sethmode said:

I suppose I mean through a streaming service I already pay for (Netflix/Hulu). I'm not interested enough to just own the thing outright, nor get another subscription package.

Like I mentioned before, I bought episodes on Xbox if that's an option you have. Not renting, obviously, but I couldn't find them to stream/rent anywhere either. The seasons are 50% on Xbox right now though. 12 bucks instead of nearly 30; def wouldn't want to pay 30 bucks for each season.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katpottz: Oh, right, I forgot about Shen Long.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas: That's not Kai though, right? I know it's only 12 bucks a season, and you're definitely getting a TON of episodes for your buck, but it's also a LOT of filler.

miceman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By miceman64

@boonsong: Well Kami, the god equivalent of DB, restored the moon after it got destroyed in original DB as Goku lost his tail they figured there is no threat anymore. They do explain that at the end of the original show. But yeah best not to think too much about logic when it comes to this show. For the most part it is fairly consistent with following the rules it establishes for it's world but every now and then there are a few inconsistencies.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By handlas

@sethmode said:

@handlas: That's not Kai though, right? I know it's only 12 bucks a season, and you're definitely getting a TON of episodes for your buck, but it's also a LOT of filler.

Ya it's not... theres a lot of obvious filler. People just standing around in static shots with voice over and crap. And, man, this dialogue is awful at least in the English dub.

I watched half of season 3 now; and my suspicions are confirmed. DBZ is bad but I have nostalgia for it still. Still like the manga though; one of the few comics i bought as a kid. Ended up picking up the first book of manga as well.

miceman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas: I think the suspicion that DBZ is bad is mostly because the original dub was beyond terrible. While Kai does not have a perfect dub it is miles above the original and it fixes most of the slow pacing.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By handlas

@vuk49 said:

@handlas: I think the suspicion that DBZ is bad is mostly because the original dub was beyond terrible. While Kai does not have a perfect dub it is miles above the original and it fixes most of the slow pacing.

I could see that. Some of the dialogue is just completely nonsensical in some of the episodes I watched. I'd watch Kai but they only have the original on Xbox.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm just up to the Cell Saga and I've actually been pretty impressed with the dialogue in Kai. It's definitely WAY better than the original.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I own all of DBZ on DVD so I have e a two part question. Are Kai episodes completely different from the originals or is it just the same episodes with several filler episodes removed? If it is new episodes is there a good list that matches the original series with the Kai episodes so I can at least stay up to date on the plot with them

miceman64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meteora3255: Kai has the following...

Different and far more accurate and well acted dub, so it's preferred if you watch DBZ dubbed. If you watch it subbed then it's not necessary.

No filler. Except in the Buu arc.

It's HD. It still has the old animation and art but occasionally it will have a couple of scenes redrawn on top of the older animation. Overall it has a great look and if you own the terrible orange season sets for DBZ the improvement will be significant as those suffered from terrible image quality.

A different soundtrack.

If these don't sound like good enough reasons to buy the series, find a filler list of DBZ online that tells you which episodes to skip.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@boonsong: ya I lol'ed at that one when I saw it during the rewatch

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I own all of DBZ on DVD so I have e a two part question. Are Kai episodes completely different from the originals or is it just the same episodes with several filler episodes removed? If it is new episodes is there a good list that matches the original series with the Kai episodes so I can at least stay up to date on the plot with them

It's actually re-edited footage from the original version, they didn't just remove purely filler episodes. Long pauses, extended charging sequences, stuff like that is all edited down in Kai to more closely match the pace of the original manga.

nmjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly had bought these and started rewatching them before All Systems Goku was announced. Couldn't be more pleased.

Hornet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Hornet

As someone who watched all 291 episodes of the original, and regrets nothing, going with Kai is a good choice, though it's a shame they'll miss out on Fake Namek, and Goku/Piccolo learning to drive. Also, the original Dragon Ball is also great, and I think it's probably better than DBZ.

bizmarkiefader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First episode was good, but I think they should bump it up from 3 episodes per podcast. DBZ is one of those shows you can watch for hours over a Saturday and given how much of it there is I'm worried they won't build any momentum and get bored

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for achillesforever
achillesforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully after this series we can get All Systems Jojo, honestly I think Dan would dig that series

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethmode: @boonsong:

Spoilered for moon stuff

Roshi blows up the moon in DB, to stop Goku from rampaging. The real question is when did the moon get brought back.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TracerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Even more than blowing up the moon out of nowhere, I can't wait for their reaction to Piccolo having a clothes beam because sure why not:

No Caption Provided

Piccolo is the best. DBZ is the best. This podcast is the best.

FNGbomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cerberus3dog: "Goku baffled by Kai describing gravity" hmm ... reminds me of someone

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TravisRex

Theyre gonna hit a rough dry spell when they go to namek

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This first episode was pure gold!!!! Can't wait to hear more. How regular is it going to be? I think maybe should bump up from 3 episodes to 5ish.

kblosnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubberluffy: I kinda remember someone creating a fake moon with their ki? Maybe was Piccolo Jr.?

Rodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#89  Edited By Rodin

Really enjoyed the first episode, my only concerns are the amount of episodes per podcast and release frequency. Otherwise I'm now slowly making my way through kai, but now I'm starting to wonder what I'm missing since I can't remember a lot of dbz, since I haven't watched it since the episodes were new on tv.

azala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So hyped for this podcast series, suggestion tho - bump it to 5-6 episodes at a time.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ravelle

@lestephan said:

Maaaan now I wish crunchyroll had dragonball kai :(

It has Super but no Kai, sadly yeah. So much for unlimited Anime.

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#92  Edited By totsboy

@kblosnack: Isn't it the saiyans spaceship who can create/project a virtual moon?

malrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I was trying to watch along with them but I couldn't stop so I just finished episode 9. I had never watched Kai, only the original series numerous times, and the way they condense stuff is really smart

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kingbonesaw:

Roshi destroyed the moon to stop Goku in the original series of dragon ball and it gets wished back at the end of the series. Then near the start of Z Piccolo blows it up to stop Gohan and that's why Vegeta has to use his portable moon to transform.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet Dan is really gonna like the Ginyu Force when they are introduced.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holycrapitsadam: in kai they basically dismiss the ginyu force...or at least they have so far.

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travisrex: That's a bummer. They are fun. I love the space aussie Jace!

I haven't watched Kai but this podcast series might get me to buy it.

I watched all of the original so it could be interesting to see what they omit. Based on the initial podcast, it already seems like they are on an accelerated pace.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@travisrex: That's a bummer. They are fun. I love the space aussie Jace!

I haven't watched Kai but this podcast series might get me to buy it.

I watched all of the original so it could be interesting to see what they omit. Based on the initial podcast, it already seems like they are on an accelerated pace.

I definitely don't think they're dismissed in Kai. I mean, look at this shit.

Loading Video...

JRocha93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm missing 3 of the Orange box sets and these guys have me contemplating buying them even though I've already watched 300 episodes twice in my lifetime.

Kai seems hard to find consistent info on. Are the voice actors the same? And I kind of really like what the Orange sets did where you can have English dubs with the Japanese music and intro/outros, can you do that with the Kai sets?