Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff

OK, so...

New Nintendo 3DS

Looks like they're making a Game Boy Color but for the 3DS. I think the name is pretty unfortunate and potentially confusing, personally, but whatever.

Games that run exclusively on the New Nintendo 3DS should be tagged to this platform. 3DS games that have "enhanced functionality" when plugged into a New Nintendo 3DS should be tagged to both this and the "old" 3DS platform.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pretty confusing indeed. So I'm guessing if the digital version of the New Nintendo 3DS games come out it'll be shortened to "N3DSE"?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Its like the new iPhone. Which one is it? The new one.

Cool.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Pretty confusing indeed. So I'm guessing if the digital version of the New Nintendo 3DS games come out it'll be shortened to "N3DSE"?

No, we're not doing separate platforms for digital games anymore. We'll probably merge the ones we do have back into the main platform at some point.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jeff said:

@i_stay_puft said:

No, we're not doing separate platforms for digital games anymore. We'll probably merge the ones we do have back into the main platform at some point.

That's good to hear. In the early days where "Xbox Live Arcade" was branded as it's own thing it made some amount of sense, but today where pretty much every game is available digitally it's weird to have those services considered different platforms.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jeff said:

I can see why you're doing that, though I think it's unfortunate that there will be no way to distinguish between download-only and retail titles on a data level. What people have been doing now, just putting a note in parenthesis at the end of the release title - i.e. (eShop) or (Steam) - to differentiate between different releases isn't very elegant, and cannot be used to filter a search for example.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great! Hopefully there won't be many exclusives attached to it but a ton of games with enhanced functionality on it. :)

Also, as an aside, I would concur with @blacklagoon that games being digital only vs physical or both seems to remain a significant point of data, and I hope there may be a better way to address the difference besides just adding (eShop) or (Steam) in the title of certain games. Of course, it's a tough call.