Anyone try this on XBox yet?

drchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I downloaded it after the announcement. Not messed with it too much but it seems legit. Sure you can see the graphical downgrade, but it does work well with a controller (I use HOTAS on my PC). The text is a little hard to read, I think a simple fix would be to zoom in a little once you've focused on the panel.

paulithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea def see the graphics downgrade. it runs pretty good and the controls are ok altho it can be a bit messy at times when trying to navigate menus but its works well

then you go to the galaxy map lol woah it tanks on the map

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like it will be a good way to play it if you don't have a PC. Seems like it's sorta straight up broken right now though. Like it'll say "Push not mapped to engage frame shift drive" or "This mission is to pick up $##commodityname". So hey, Early Access is Early Access by any other name.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

Played the trial. I was having fun up until the trial where you have to fight waves of enemies. The combat just doesn't seem fun to me. Maybe I'm missing something. I think there was 8 waves and I got to wave 7 and just turned it off due to boredom. I really don't like how the weapons constantly need to be recharged... you get like 5 seconds of shooting and then they need to charge back up. It just got annoying.

Game seems to play great on Xbox... if you actually like the game. Looks pretty too.

sp1der1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yep.

Purchased the "full" version and currently trying to decipher what that hell I'm supposed to do, lols.

Elp?

sheetsy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah the tutorials with the waves of enemies are very tough. I bought the full version and been enjoying it. Took a little getting used to the flight controls (especially jumping out of supercruise) and the mapping of the buttons but once you get the hang of it, it controls very well imo. I've been playing in solo cause for me, the game seems to lock up in open play after 30 mins or so. I've been trading simple goods and taking missions off the bulletin board from random systems. Blew up a few pirates and randomly traveling to sell exploration data for credits.

Yep.

Purchased the "full" version and currently trying to decipher what that hell I'm supposed to do, lols.

Elp?

It's really up to you. You can mine asteroids and sell metals to systems that import em'. Be a pirate and steal cargo from traders and miners a like. Trade commodities, do dirty work for the crazy factions they have in the game. Get new ships and outfit them to your liking. Or go to the far reaches of unexplored space and sell data you collect for credits. I've put about 10-15 hours in so I'm still figuring out how it all works. It's pretty deep. And hopefully those updates they have planned will actually come out later to make even more crazy.

sp1der1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sheetsy77:

Yeah, I did all the training missions except for the incursions because they are crazy!

I'm about 4 hours in and still getting to grips with the travel mechanics, especially zeroing in on targets, seems random (if you can even find them of course).

For now I'm just sticking to courier missions to get my bearings and build up my credits. I appreciate the vision the developers had of a truly open world, however it is a lo to take in. Hopefully, as development moves along they will make the game a littl more approachable for newbies.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have it on Xbone and PC now.

I find the Xbone version gets very slow when in Hyperspeed. The controls I am impressed with though.They have done a good job and it handles nicely.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I checked out the trial, it ran alright. I didn't get through most of the tutorials as I didn't like the combat. I thought the controls felt interesting with the controller, though I have no experience with flight sims in any fashion.

I don't feel the need to buy it - wasn't for me.