The vitriol surrounding Fallout 76 is very puzzling to me

• 57 results
SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Interestingly, I will never understand the vitriol towards critic's takes on things.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@sethmode: I think the OP was talking about people giving the game 1/10 who havent even played it. Not critics who have given it a fair chance and voiced their opinion.

Actual reviews are only just coming in (as Bethesda dont give early copies) and it seems the game might be deserving of some of this hate.

Although there will be people out there who still get some enjoyment out of it. I enjoyed Andromeda and Metal Gear Survive, they're not good games but I had some fun.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Fallout 3, I loved Fallout New Vegas, I loved Fallout 4. From the moment 76 was announced and it was confirmed it was online only, I had 0 interest. Plus, the game seems to have taken all of the worst parts of 4 and just amplified it. I wanted a proper Fallout with coop, not a Fallout Destiny/Division clone. I'm glad you are liking it though.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played it, but it seems like the shell of a Fallout game but without any of what Fallout fans want from a game in the series, that's not to say 76 is bad, just not necessarily worth being passionate about.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: Fair. Although, I was speaking more generally regarding the game. Hell, this thread has people calling out critics from this very site, despite the OPs intention or not.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I personally wouldn't leave a review without having played the game, I can see why some people might feel like they've invested enough in the series to do so.

This franchise is decades old and commands an incredibly strong fanbase. To a large part of this fanbase, Bethesda have been steadily spinning gold into shit for the past few years, and this latest entry marks the abject failure of the series, from which it's never going to return.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Fallout 4 is the worst Bethesda RPG, and now they stripped the populated NPC cities out, which were the best part of any Bethesda RPG. Its a mediocre game, ive enjoyed those before, but you can't pretend like this is up to series/genre standards.