Is the new update borked?

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Relenus

I'm playing on PC and trying to download the update that went live earlier today, but it's been downloading this thing for like the last two hours with no end in sight. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so how do I fix it?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

@relenus: a lot of people are having issues with downloading from the Windows 10 store in general. For me it just gives me a non specific error and asks me to choose a drive to install the full 80GB again. Check the official forums, the people there are just as clueless.

Lucifunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been trying to pull updates for a Windows Server for hours. I think they are just having issues all over on their end today.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

same here, tried to play and now it's doing this. Not amused.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The update took about an hour for me to download. If it gets stuck at around the 300-400 MB mark, that's a good sign. It's at that point that the game apparently copies itself entirely into a new folder. Oh yeah, so you need to have 80 gigs free on the hard-drive the game is installed in, because of this copying thing. But eventually, after all this, it should be OK. And in fact has been OK for me today.

The entire Windows Store has been the definition of a hot mess for the entirety of the launch of the Play Anywhere program. I actually think that Microsoft should address this with the same seriousness as they did with the MCC situation a couple of years ago.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

My installation drive didn't have 80 GB free at first, and the Store didn't mention this the first time. The game downloaded the update, then proceeded to start downloading the entire game again, all 73 GB, even though the disk would have been full long before that. I don't know what the plan was there. When I realized it was actually downloading gigs of data and not just copying files, I canceled it. I then had to run wsreset.exe to clear the Windows Store cache, made some space available on the SSD, and then the update worked the second time.

This system is so poorly designed. One of my friends has Gears installed on a laptop which has a pretty small SSD, and he isn't able to free up 80 GB for this 374 MB patch. His only option is to delete the game and download the entire thing again.