5k subs by 10 am pst on friday and bombcast stays untouched.

• 160 results
suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By suikoden352

it's been confirmed, folks. if whiskey media gets 5000 subscribers by 10am pst on friday the 10th then the bombcast will stay as it is. i'm subscribing for the year anyways because i love everything that whiskey media is doing and has done for quite the long while. i know alot of people are against the subscription fee but this was inevitable. i look at it this way. i've been here since jeff and ryan were doing arrow pointing down before giant bomb started. i support what giant bomb does and also what comic vine, tested, anime vice, and screened do for the internet. to me, i couldn't ask for a better crew to get my tech, entertainment, all around geeky news from. to subscribe to whiskey media means you are supporting honest and good people who do their jobs well and are doing things no one else is doing. whiskey media deserves our support. they've given us all this content and let us be part of the crew as well with the way they have built their sites.

it's only 5 bucks a month and 50 bucks for a whole year. people 3 times more a month for world of warcraft and other mmo's yet when it's just 5 bucks a month it's the end of the world. it's not, folks. it's just business but i ask you to please support giant bomb and all the other whiskey media folk who work hard day in and out to bring awesome content to us all. like i said, only 5000 by this friday and the bombcast stays untouched. do the right thing. be more than a duder. be a super gangsta and subscribe. not just for the bombcast, but for awesomeness.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sodiumCyclops

We shouldn't have to even fight for this. Everything about this is wrong.

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SquirrelGOD

Dude, you're not "Fighting" for anything.  Quit being melodramatic.  If you don't dig the subscription thing, then just don't do it.  It's a vote with your wallet kind of thing.

CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

Well I'm voting with my wallet to not to pay for this shittyness

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Barrock

Then you are to blame if the bombcast gets split. $5 dude. Five. Fucking. Dollars.

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By BrockSampson

Once again, masking your cheapness with righteous indignation .

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By bretthancock

Voting with my dollar, I'll be one of the hopefully 5k!

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah everyone should sign up... 

....but me (what!? I want a full free bombcast, day one) 

Dysrianism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dysrianism

its fucking retarded, straight up. it's not something that we should pay for, it's been free since the inception of the site and now they're fucking butchering it. how many sites charge for podcast privileges?

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Feanor

lol they are holding the bombcast ransom? Thats even more fucked up than splitting it up.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Barrock
@Dysrianism said:
" its fucking retarded, straight up. it's not something that we should pay for, it's been free since the inception of the site and now they're fucking butchering it. how many sites charge for podcast privileges? "
Quite a few actually. And you aren't paying specifically for the podcast.
suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By suikoden352
@SquirrelGOD:  r u talkin to him or me? lol i just said what i wanted to say about all this since everyone else is. a bit ridiculous how everyone is acting about the subscription thing when we all knew it was gonna happen at some point. ohwell =/ i've said my piece. not gonna argue with anyone about it.
tyashki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tyashki

Also how many podcasts are superior to the almighty Bombcast? 

Exactly.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By ch3burashka

I can't use any of the stuff provided, neither the HD nor the mobile, so I hope y'all subscribe for my sake.

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SquirrelGOD

NOTHING is more authentic than the Bombcast.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Mrnitropb
@SquirrelGOD said:
" Dude, you're not "Fighting" for anything.  Quit being melodramatic.  If you don't dig the subscription thing, then just don't do it.  It's a vote with your wallet kind of thing. "
There is a difference between "voting with your wallet" and "extortion"
There is an even further difference between them, and a Donation/Subscription/Pledge Drive, 
which. 
we. 
all.
would.
have.
preferred.
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Brians
@Barrock:  I think we should just give up trying to change entitled brats minds.
dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By dtat

I have no problem with subscriptions. I just don't like the way they're going about it. I would have signed up either way. I don't like the fact that the fate of the bombcast depends on people subscribing. It seems like a pretty dirty thing to do. They know that most of their loyal viewers would jump at the oppurtunity to support them financially.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By JJWeatherman

Does anyone know if the monthly subscription counts towards the 5,000?

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pinworm45

I understand how some people want to support GB, I don't understand how anyone can think this isn't a retarded idea. And I don't even care about the bombcast.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jadeskye

Where was this confirmed? I'm subscribing anyway, screw you assholes.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Brians
@JJWeatherman:  here's what's posted on their twitter account.
  @ hellohellomike Paid members are paid members, monthly or annual. I hope you're right.
Daniel_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Daniel_B

where can you sign up?

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By meteora

There must have been some serious shit that's going down at Whiskey Media to basically say we need 5,000 subscribers so that the Bombcast stays untouched. In a way, it does feel like extortion. On one end, it feels dirty and we don't want to give in. On the other, its the freaking Bombcast; the podcast that we all like. And its only $5. 

This is some serious dilemma. Its pretty fucked up.

suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By suikoden352

it's only 5 bucks a month, folks. it's not that bad. it's not the end of the world. people play 10-15 a month just to play WoW and a bunch of other mmo's out there. plus, you get a nifty shirt too if you do the yearly one. i'd say that's not too bad of an offer that they are puttin out. like i said, not here to argue. just here to say my piece and try to help out whiskey media.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JJWeatherman
@jadeskye said:
" Where was this confirmed? I'm subscribing anyway, screw you assholes. "
lol. Agreed.
monkyofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By monkyofdoom

I am in for this, if my $5 makes sure the Whiskey dudes can live to fight another day I will do what I can.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Brians

Yeah for subscribers its fine for the rest that don't make the 5000 number happen by friday I have less sympathy for you.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By Vinny_Says

this is going to end up with people who paid harassing people who didn't in every forum blaming them for the split bombcast.  It will go a little something like this:

Lex_Jewthor: I thing Halo Reach was ok, nothing special, but still fun!

Kid_Karnage666: @Lex_jewthor: Shut up noob, it's your fault the bombcast is split now!

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MiniPato
@Briguile said:

" @Barrock:  I think we should just give up trying to change entitled brats minds. "

I am paying for the yearly sub even before and after this announcement, but I still don't like the split bombcast. People have been very supportive and willing to pay for a Whiskey Media subscription for GB alone before the podcast split. The fact that a large majority has gone in an uproar only now over the bombcast split clearly shows that they have done something wrong. Keep in mind that there are people willing to pay to keep the bombcast whole for the entire community! That's how "self entitled" these "brats" are.
EpochError

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By EpochError
@Dtat said:
" I have no problem with subscriptions. I just don't like the way they're going about it. I would have signed up either way. I don't like the fact that the fate of the bombcast depends on people subscribing. It seems like a pretty dirty thing to do. They know that most of their loyal viewers would jump at the oppurtunity to support them financially. "
Exactly this. "Give is money and we wont implement a change that could adversely affect the best feature on the site" is pretty slimy.
justinnotjason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By justinnotjason

Here's what I don't understand - where's the motivation for someone to subscribe based on that. If you're one of the 5,000 subscribers then it doesn't matter to you because you have access to the bombcast 'untouched'. At that point you're assuming that people on the internet will spend money for other people on the internet, which doesn't bode well.

Alpharudy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alpharudy1

Donations? This isnt NPR. This is the Bombcast, I'm totally down with the membership. Listen guys, go the rest of this week without getting 5 sodas out of the vending machine or go to McDonalds only once this week instead of every other day and boom you have enough to pay the membership. It used to be free when it started but they also didnt have the 4 man crew we know today or screened or tested. D00dz got bills to pay and they cant pay them with well wishes and smiles. Love you Bombcast.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Brians
@MiniPato:  Obviously I'm talking about the people that seem to think websites are free and don't cost any money to maintain. I think the people that will subscribe are great and if the 5000 subscribers doesn't come up it will be detrimental to the people who didn't subscribe. Which won't be me because I plan on subscribing.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jkz
@JustinNotJason said:
" Here's what I don't understand - where's the motivation for someone to subscribe based on that. If you're one of the 5,000 subscribers then it doesn't matter to you because you have access to the bombcast 'untouched'. At that point you're assuming that people on the internet will spend money for other people on the internet, which doesn't bode well. "
You could spend 5 dollars, and then unsubscribe. That way, it's 5 dollars once, rather than every month.
SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36  Edited By SpudBug

Just a reminder, every second of the bombcast is still available free.

In fact if you don't pay, you're still getting two hours of bombcast every week.

So stop complaining.

mason_pat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mason_pat

Wait, what? I have to pay to support a system in order to show that I don't support the system?

Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Smarter_Martyr
@JJWeatherman said:
" Does anyone know if the monthly subscription counts towards the 5,000? "
This. Because if it's only yearly, that comes to 250k in less than a day. That would be impressive, and judging by a lot of reaction, including my own, miraculous. They just announced splitting up the podcast and now talk about this? Makes me think it's all not finalized yet.
SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SquirrelGOD
@Mrnitropb said:
" @SquirrelGOD said:
" Dude, you're not "Fighting" for anything.  Quit being melodramatic.  If you don't dig the subscription thing, then just don't do it.  It's a vote with your wallet kind of thing. "
There is a difference between "voting with your wallet" and "extortion" There is an even further difference between them, and a Donation/Subscription/Pledge Drive,  which.  we.  all. would. have. preferred. "
And.
None.
Of.
You.
Idiots.
Would.
Have.
Donated.

Maybe some would have, but they sure as hell wouldn't have gotten enough money to RUN A BUSINESS.  And, really?  Extortion?  They're performing an illegal act to get money from their fans?  Grow the hell up.  It's a video game podcast that on several occasions has turned into discussing an elderly game developer's testicles.
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Brians

. @mason_pat:   If enough people pay moochers will be placated, if not then the subscribers will be 

Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ComradeKritstov

I think I'm gonna do a month sub to count towards the 5k if they need it and then just wait until they add more features because right now HD video and the mobile site aren't really doing it for me.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mason_pat said:

" Wait, what? I have to pay to support a system in order to show that I don't support the system? "

Yeah fight the power!! 

But seriously, I haven't quite decided on paying or not, but that mostly deals with not ever subscribing to any online thing, ever.   

PS: I also have no smart phone nor great internet.
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Brians
@Smarter_Martyr:  they've said annual and monthly count.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Smarter_Martyr said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Does anyone know if the monthly subscription counts towards the 5,000? "
This. Because if it's only yearly, that comes to 250k in less than a day. That would be impressive, and judging by a lot of reaction, including my own, miraculous. They just announced splitting up the podcast and now talk about this? Makes me think it's all not finalized yet. "
Yeah. That's why I'm just kinda taking everything announced so far with a grain of salt. After the BLLSL tommorow, things will probably be more finalized.
Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#45  Edited By Mystyr_E

I think it's dumb. Something like Playstation Plus at least adds to the experience (as stupid as it is). You can still download games and add-ons, you can still play online but if you want goodies to enhance the experience then you can get PS+ but you don't feel gimped by not having it. I think many people would've subscribed UNTIL they heard the Bombcast split.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RedRoach
@Meteora: just wait a day or two to subscribe....you get your subscription and the people who don't want to subscribe are grateful.

EDIT: don't listen to me, i mis-read the quote....i thought it said that if the DON't get 5k subs by 10 they will not touch it... This feels really sleezy though, we have to pay them so that we don't have to pay them.
SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SquirrelGOD
@Mystyr_E said:
"I think many people would've subscribed UNTIL they heard the Bombcast split. "
Um, not really.  Those that subscribe don't have the Bombcast split for them.
jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jessej07
@Mrnitropb said:
" @SquirrelGOD said:
There is a difference between "voting with your wallet" and "extortion" There is an even further difference between them, and a Donation/Subscription/Pledge Drive,  which.  we.  all. would. have. preferred. "  
Right you are- lucky for us extortion doesn't fit anywhere near this discussion.  You're not entitled to a Bombcast, stop thinking you are.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By lordofultima
@SquirrelGOD said:
" @Mystyr_E said:
"I think many people would've subscribed UNTIL they heard the Bombcast split. "
Um, not really.  Those that subscribe don't have the Bombcast split for them. "
lmao, yeah that is pretty silly. "I would have subscribed, but now that I hear you're splitting the bombcast up for non-members, I REFUSE to be a member!"
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ryax

i love how everyone loves giantbomb. up until they make you pay for something you "think you shouldnt have to pay for." but as soon as something happens you all turn on them like they are the villains of the internet. quit being dramatic and just dont buy it. the staff has to make money. and this is how they are doing it. quit bitching and just accept it.