A Desire to Yell About Games You Like Into the Ether

Avatar image for changethel1ghts
changethel1ghts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

You ever have a game you want to tell the world is great but you don't have the platform to do so? I feel that way all the flipping time. Too much, even. So, two questions: First, where would you go to do this? Second, what is your game you want to yell about?

TuxedoCruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Internet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

I dunno, here somewhere. I kinda wish there was a "Rate the last game you played" thread like the movies one. Sometimes I just wanna jump in and write a super brief "review" of something, but don't wanna say enough to justify a whole blog, new thread, or user review.

As for which game, right now it's Uncharted 4 probably. Great sendoff for those characters, gorgeous visuals and performances, great writing, rope is dope, not enough combat scenarios. 4/5.

changethel1ghts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: My man. Couldn't agree more on both accounts. Uncharted 4 is just downright incredible.

changethel1ghts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TobbRobb

LET ME YELL ABOUT BATTLERITE THIS COOL EARLY ACCESS MULTIPLAYER GAME THAT NEEDS PEOPLE PLAYING IT AAAAAAH!

Seriously though guys, Battlerite is great. It's like the definition of a hero arena game. 2v2 or 3v3 combat to the death in a small arena and the heroes have diverse kits of abilities (8 abilities per hero). It's unforgiving in the same way a fighting game is, in that you lose very harshly when you lose. But it's much easier to pick up and play or learn than a fighting game.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Blackout62

LISTEN YOU PHILISTINES, KENTUCKY ROUTE ZERO IS AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE THE MOST LEARNED ASS GAME IN OUR ENTIRE MEDIUM AND I HAVE THE ENGLISH DEGREE TO SAY THAT WITH AUTHORITY AS THAT GAME KNOWS THE UNDERREPRESENTED CANON OF AMERICAN LITERATURE AND THEATER. "IT'S LYNCHIAN." "IT'S LYNCHIAN", THEY SAY. IT'S ARTHUR MILLER IS WHAT IT IS, ARTHUR MILLER WITH SOME FLANNERY O'CONNOR AND JUST THE RIGHT GLAZE OF GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ. WHAT? KEN LEVINE THINKS HE'S TELLING INTELLIGENT NARRATIVES ABOUT AMERICAN SOCIETY? DON'T EVEN SAY HIS NAME TO ME TILL HE'S ON PAR WITH KRZ'S REPURPOSING OF THE SOUTHERN GOTHIC GENRE TO EXAMINE THE MODERN SOUTH IN THE WAKE OF THE GREAT RECESSION.

Or were we not supposed to yell into the ether here?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Humanity

It would be cool if the site had a "trending" tab of sorts where you could just assign a value to a game you're playing and it would show up sort of as a poll- displaying how hot or cold the community is on recently released games. Not everyone wants to write an entire review but I'm sure a lot of people would love to share how much they're enjoying or not enjoying something by scoring it.

I think GameSpot had something kinda similar at some point.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

If I could replace the any of of Google, Amazon or Steam home page with a giant image of "Horizon Zero Dawn is a great game and you should play it" for an entire day I would do so at least once a week.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have that feeling when it comes to any games in particular right now. Though I want to shout everywhere about the Horus Heresy novels and about how everyone should buy and read/listen to them, so I can get the TV show that they should totally make, either that or just a proper story driven game. Seems whatever random developer gets the green light from Games Workshop can't seem to make a good game right now.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lv4Monk

Killing Floor 2 aint gettin' no love 'round these parts. Such low stress group co-op you can chill with as much as you can take seriously. Simple progression that gives meaningful customization to already distinctive classes on top of a proven formula that's been consistently fun for years.

Peeps should play Killing Floor 2.

Also Dark Souls 3 is beautiful and doesn't get enough credit for being so visually stunning. That's my "I've played Dark Souls 3 recently for about an hour" hot take.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@blackout62: Right there with you. KRZ has the best writing in any video games ever and use it in a way that makes sense in the context of the medium.

For as much praise as it gets, it still doesn't get enough.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@theht said:

As for which game, right now it's Uncharted 4 probably. Great sendoff for those characters, gorgeous visuals and performances, great writing, rope is dope, not enough combat scenarios. 4/5.

drewmeme.gif

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ripelivejam

@tobbrobb: how much caustic assholery is in the community tho

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By TobbRobb

@ripelivejam: A good bit. I had less toxic shit happen in chat at the lower/beginner ranks. But I'm hovering around plat/low diamond a lot and that's a cesspool. All chat defaults to off though, so you opt in to wanting to hear what people have to say. Not neccessarily recommended.

EDIT: Though I'll be honest, I just expect assholes to be in any multiplayer game. I wouldn't be surprised to be yelled at in Mario Kart if I decided to play that online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed; this game is rad you guys, trust me.