Abby is Leaving Giant Bomb at the end of November

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By mrfluke

My bet on if there was a staff that was going to leave due to the merger it was Abby as the most likely or Alex, not in a negative aspect, but more they seemed like their tastes were moving elsewhere beyond games or beyond having to cover new games on a constant basis and always play the latest stuff and have an opinion on it.

I've thrown my fair share of criticism, but I do wish her all the best, can definitely appreciate the energy she brought to East and she truly showed that anyone can come in and really mesh with Gb boys style and humor.

And she truly took some wild shots with features that showed some definite diversity in what can be considered a feature here for the better honestly (That Pax Musical Panel, say what you will, but that was bold, and took definite courage)

Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sad to hear, Abby was behind some of the best stuff (IMO) this site has produced. I wish her the best.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsahme: Possibility of relocating for work???

Red Ventures is out of... North Carolina, IIRC.

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Abby has been one of my favorite crew members for a while now. I loved having someone basically the same age as me on staff, and her energy and fresh perspective always cheers me up. Best of luck, Abby.

Catlicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She became one of my favorite people of the podcast the instant she was introduced. Her presence, her humour and her styyyle is something the podcasts needed. And I'm not even gonna bother to talk about representation, which is something GB has always struggled with.

I just want her to land on her feet and to have her around, she's damn good at what she does!

beomoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Daaaamn I'm gonna miss having her on GB content. Hope she lands in a cool job and continues to do cool things, but she has become core Beast Coast to me and I'm gonna have myself a big ole sad about her departure.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ShadyPingu

I wish her the best, and am looking forward to seeing where she lands.

I mean, Abby’s at the very start of her professional career! There’s not a ton of room, from my outside POV, to advance in the GB organization, so I always figured she’d move on within 5 years. Curious about what’s going on re: the CBS sale to spark her leaving now though.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Best of luck, Abby!

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abby has been a fantastic part of the crew and the community. I've enjoyed all of her content here and I wish her all the best for the future!

propablyapun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abby has been consistently my favorite member of GB. I wish her the best and can't wait to see what she does next!

Typographenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Her absence will definitely be felt.

Abby was always such a good sport, brought a much appreciated different background and perspective to games, and she gelled so well with everyone on East coast (and West!). She's incredibly talented and will certainly continue to do exciting things. Giant Bomb was very lucky to have her for as long as they did.

LavenderGooms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm just gonna say it.

Abby is the best thing to have happened to Giant Bomb.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By styx971

i definitely wish her the best. i won't lie that sometimes her brand of humor didn't always do it for me but even still she brought alot of life to the site and offered a different perspective that wasn't overly far from my own which was nice. as a 30yro woman who is into gaming it was nice to have a female voice that rolled with the guys here and with her younger age it gave a 'fresher' view to the site. that said its felt like for a while she might not stay considering the vibe of things of late and hopefully shes leaving on her own terms and not cause some background issues. i really do wish her the best. with dan leaving and now her the site is definitely got a entertainment hole to fill and while now might not be the best of times to be thinking about it i'm sure the guys'll try and fill it as best they can. no one can ever really replace another ( i still miss the deeper topics austin and vinny used to go on about! but at least i get him on waypoints) either way i look forward to seeing who might fill that void.

hrywlms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love her weird sense of humour and the chaos she brought to GBeast. I'll miss her once she leaves!

NickFoley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a damn shame. I really wish Abby the best in whatever comes next. She's very talented and was s great addition to the GiantBomb family.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll certainly miss Abby. It was really refreshing to have someone my age on the staff and some of my favourite series from the past few years included her in a prominent role.

Tyger0485

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Happy Holidays Abby.

I hope they can sneak you back in for a Film and 40's or something fun sometime in the future.

Absolutely best of luck in whatever you plan on doing next. Especially if it's to look for a job in the 2020.

Thanks Abby!

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really hasn't seemed like it's been 4 years already, definitely a bummer for the site. Even if my taste in games didn't really match up it was always nice to hear Abby's opinion on it or to see a game I wouldn't have looked twice at before.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Clue Crew has been one of my favorite "new" shows on the site (it helps that I actually played all those Nancy Drew games with my sister growing up, so they were nostalgic). I'm going to miss Abby and all the things she brought to the site.

msouza1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for the years of great content Abby! All the best!

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, fuck.

AdmSnackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By AdmSnackbar

Just want to wish Abby good fortune on whatever the next endeavor is. Seven Deadly Sims was one of my favorite series ever on the site, and Sea Beasts and the RE and Deadspace playthroughs were welcome companions during this hellscape of a year.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is really crazy that it's been 4 years. Doesn't feel like it, yet Abby certainly feels like a fixture too.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I'm really sad to hear that Abby is leaving. Best of luck for whatever comes next.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah man, Abby is legit funny. I wish her well in her career and continued safety on two wheels as a fellow motorcyclist.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a giant bummer. Abby is super awesome - awesome in front of the camera, awesome in the booth, and seemed like an awesome person all around.

I sincerely hope Abby makes it big - she deserves it. May she be so successful that Schwepps seeks her out for a marketing campaign!

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Congrats on moving on, and surely up, in the world. Best of luck to you Abby.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#78 FinalDasa  Moderator

Nothing but love for Abby who brought a different and wonderful brand of humor and energy to GB. It will sorely be missed!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Best of luck!

Also, if you had told me that Abby Russell started at Giantbomb four years ago before I saw this thread, I would have laughed and said "is something wrong with your sense of time!?". Nope. Something's apparently wrong with my sense of time because it feels like she's been here a year and some change and that's it.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

I hope Abby finds happiness whatever they land. Their presence and unmatched energy will be greatly missed.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll miss her energy and the creativity she brought to the crew. Plus, this really puts GB back into the "old guard / boys club" territory for me. It's her decision and I'm happy she gets to move on to something new.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can’t but echo the other positive things others have said so far. Abby you brought a lot of new perspectives that diversed the set of voices on the site on a range of topics. But also a real amount of fun, energy and just good vibes. Will miss you around these parts, but I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. Safe travels out there!

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck going forward Abby. GB is going to be lesser without you and I will definitely miss you appearing on all the GB videos and podcasts.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Very sorry to hear this; she's been a pretty big part of the site during her time here.

Best of luck, Abby!

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Every single show Abby got going was amazing.

Even the ones that didn't go past a few episodes were fantastic.

I'm exceptionally sad to see her leave the crew, but will be excited to see what she does next.

Biggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to miss Abby. I'll miss her voice and the perspective she brings to the site. Her and Vinny together are my favorite stream team-up. Absolutely wish her the best in the future.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I'm super excited for her, and if her next step is gaming/comedy/whatever in a public forum I'm sure I'll follow her new career path.

But selfishly, for the site, this is a bit of a heartbreak for me. Abby has not only been a breath of fresh air, but she's been involved in some of my favourite series and moments on the site in the past 3-4 years. I love Clue Crew and her chemistry with Alex, and I loved the Sims 4 content so much that I actually got the game and dived into it myself. I love that she actually got St. Vincent to play Fortnite with her! I even watched her play Red Dead Revolver, which was not a particularly fun game to watch someone stream, but it was Abby so I watched it. She's basically just been one big laugh riot.

I was out of the loop when Austin was around and only found out how awesome he is when he'd gone on to other things. When Patrick left, it felt like it was the right time for him to move to something different with him moving to Illinois. When Dan left...well, I had a love/hate relationship with Dan and I don't want to start an argument or anything, but I didn't feel like I'd miss him being gone. But Abby? Man, I'm pretty bummed out right now.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Abby it's been absolutely great to have you here. I enjoyed your perspective and watching you improve your craft. We'll miss you!

I hope you have a lot of success in what you do next!

Picto_Obscure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really sad to see her go – losing both her and Dan's voices from GB this year sucks quite a bit. Wishing her nothing but the absolute best in future adventures. Thank you Abby!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Almost 4 years? Holy hell, what even is time anymore.

She'll be greatly missed! Her chill-ass attitude and sick office have been really comforting during these lockdown months. I guess I should stop being so sad when people move on from Giant Bomb now, but selfishly I do wish they could stick around and be part of some improbably-sized, ridiculously talented family.

All the best, Abby! Good luck with what's next. :)

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm really sad to see Abby go! She's been fantastic throughout the years, and I dearly hope she finds success wherever she goes next.

<>

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A serious bummer, but I wish her the best and hope she's leaving on good terms and that all is well. It's a rough time to be unemployed, but I'm sure she knows that and doesn't need us worrying about her.

Good luck Abby, you were fantastic with the crew and I'll miss you on Fridays! Be best! You got St. Vincent to play Fortnite with you, you can do ANYTHING!

UncleJam23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abby was one of the most inspired hires that Giant Bomb ever made. She brings an incredible energy to every video or stream she's on, she brings a perspective and a sense of humor that this industry desperatly needs, and the work she brought to the table, from Clue Crew to 13 Deadly Sims, is some of the best stuff Giant Bomb has ever put out. I'm going to miss her presence an awful lot.

Still, thank you so much Abby! And your pinned tweet is a work of goddamn art!

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Very very bummed about this. Wish you nothing but the best Abby! Whoever replaces you will have some big shoes to fill. Here's hoping GB continues to add more women and people with other world perspectives to the team! It's been great when they do!

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had almost nothing in common with any of Abby's opinions on games these past 4 years, and will miss her a ton! It's nice to see how someone can be so ingrained in gaming culture and be so very different, and it's worth celebration. Not to mention 13 deadly sims, one of the best GB series ever

rusalkagirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am super duper bummed about this, but it is an understandable decision and i wish abby nothing but the very best in whatever direction her career goes. she is talented and innovative af. her presence will be missed sorely. thank you for all the good times abby!!!!!!

HUD209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for everything Abby, you added so much to GB and were involved in some of the best content in years. You will be missed but it's obvious you have a great future ahead of you.

Doherty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so grateful for Abby's time at Giant Bomb. Her personality and hard work added so much to the site and pushed it forward. I'm gonna miss her, but I'm excited for what she goes on to next.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I feel like apart from the main crew that serve as the bedrock for Giant Bomb, the site is often a jumping off point for most newcomers. When you’re that young the idea of four years in one place must seem like an eternity. Best of luck in future ventures; hopefully that new office will see some cool new uses.