Adam Sessler and the voice of reason, XONE-PS4

• 59 results
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Guys, E3 already happened. The time for wild speculation and guess work is mostly over. There's currently no reason to assume the $500 Xbone includes XBL Gold. MS wants people paying them a monthly sub fee more than just about anything else. And c'mon, that'd be a pretty huge detail to just leave out...

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@xyzygy said:

@phileskyline said:

Hey everyone, let's not forget to truly enjoy the Xbox One experience you must have high speed internet and cable is optional I think, those are additional fees.

That's not true at all. You don't need high speed to authenticate every 24 hours.

Who said anything about authentication? Also MS said this "For an optimal experience, we recommend a broadband connection of 1.5Mbps."

Also a little education for you...

Broadband started out as a generic term to describe high-speed data communication. This term literally meant a bandwidth that is broad enough to handle a lot of data at the same time--much like the difference between a two-lane street and a multi-lane freeway. Broadband internet service, then, is literally high-speed internet service.

I mentioned authentication because you said you must have a high speed connection. But you don't. You can still play offline unhindered if you check in once a day on a really bad connection. I don't see what else could be stopping someone from playing.

The whole "For an optimal experience thing" is just marketing shit that they say so you can go view their ads and play online and get them more revenue. Every movie's optimal experience is the theater yet we all don't have one of those.

PontiusPyrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the plus side I no longer have to keep an economist on retainer to convert all the prices from Microsoft funbux. Point: Microsoft(??)

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

@phileskyline said:

@xyzygy said:

@phileskyline said:

Hey everyone, let's not forget to truly enjoy the Xbox One experience you must have high speed internet and cable is optional I think, those are additional fees.

That's not true at all. You don't need high speed to authenticate every 24 hours.

Who said anything about authentication? Also MS said this "For an optimal experience, we recommend a broadband connection of 1.5Mbps."

Also a little education for you...

Broadband started out as a generic term to describe high-speed data communication. This term literally meant a bandwidth that is broad enough to handle a lot of data at the same time--much like the difference between a two-lane street and a multi-lane freeway. Broadband internet service, then, is literally high-speed internet service.

I mentioned authentication because you said you must have a high speed connection. But you don't. You can still play offline unhindered if you check in once a day on a really bad connection. I don't see what else could be stopping someone from playing.

The whole "For an optimal experience thing" is just marketing shit that they say so you can go view their ads and play online and get them more revenue. Every movie's optimal experience is the theater yet we all don't have one of those.

Again, a high speed connection is a must for any nextgen gaming console please don't be silly.

My entire post was not to debate if I need to sign on or off each day but that it's an extra fee to the consumer. If you don't have internet period you cannot play any video game for the XboxOne longer than 24 hours nor can you borrow a game from a friend to play. If that doesn't seem foolish I don't know what is.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Plante is a Microshill. Their entire site(Polygon) is funded with MS money. You could say that they're a bit biased.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By hughesman

Not only have i not seen anything that indicates the ONE will come with a year of xbox live(Have they ever done this?) I'm not entirely convinced they wont raise the price again soon.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

Also, the PS4 has more powerful tech and is dedicating more of that more powerful tech to its games rather than to its TV functionality.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Solh0und

@high_nunez said:

Either way, I'm going to wait at least a year before buying a new console.

Same.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

SMOKING DAT SESS

I am grinning and chuckling at this post way more than I should. Especially in the middle of class.