Adam Sessler leaves G4

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By johncallahan

You know I watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BtQEArALvWA.

And yeah, there were happier times. I'll cherish those memories and follow Sess to the ends of the earth.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By NathHaw

@jonny126 said:

You know I watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BtQEArALvWA.

And yeah, there were happier times. I'll cherish those memories and follow Sess to the ends of the earth.

That video reminded me of how cynical I can be. I used to love that show and that network.

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By ComradeKhan

He's going the be the new intern at GB. Move over Matt Kessler!

commodore64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By commodore64

@ComradeKhan said:

He's going the be the new intern at GB. Move over Matt Kessler!

They are going to form a tagteam. The Kessler Sessler connection.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#205  Edited By Commisar123

I hope he ends up somewhere good, he is a really good critic.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#206  Edited By superfriend

@SargeGulp said:

Also worth noting, when people start shaving their heads and growing badass beards.. you know shits about to get real.

Yeah, I kinda thought the same thing when I saw him in a recent video. Maybe he wasn´t happy to be there anymore. Let´s just hope things work out for him.. and he doesn´t have to go on a slo-mo rampage.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#208  Edited By Sin4profit

I half expect him to join with Polygon.com at this point...no tellin where he'll go since he's been locked down with basically the same crew for so long.

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#209  Edited By drjota

Well,maybe he can lock up when he leaves.

I can remember when Extended Play was a thing,(and damn do I feel old now).Anyone that can maintain a degree of credibility/enthusiasm for that long is probably worth whatever contractual issues you have to deal with.

That said,watch him start up his own thing,the old execs at G4 get the can,and then have Sessler subsequently brought back.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sessler leaving G4 was long overdue. the channel he worked for went to shit once G4 took over completely. since sessler is gone, i wonder what ever happened to leo laporte. he was another one of my favorites during the ZDTV and tech tv days.

BC_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By BC_

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers said:

sessler leaving G4 was long overdue. the channel he worked for went to shit once G4 took over completely. since sessler is gone, i wonder what ever happened to leo laporte. he was another one of my favorites during the ZDTV and tech tv days.

Leo's been doing his own thing at twit.tv for awhile now.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#212  Edited By takashichea

@bonorbitz said:

@takashichea said:

I have to thank Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb for getting me into video games during my middle school years. I used to love the network. I missed Filter's Diane Mizota for the top games in different categories, Judgement's Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico for their reviews, Icon for its history of gaming, and Anime Unleashed for its nostalgic shows that is better than 4kids for sure.

Don't forget Icons! I wish that series was on DVD.

I caught his last episode of X-Play and there was absolutely nothing about his departure. Although it was recorded before this all went down, I wish there was something added into the episode during post production that wished him well and recognized all the work he put into the show. G4 sucks hard and it sounds like a bad break-up, but he's been there since the beginning and they should understand that.

Fuck you, G4. Fuck you very much.

Yeah, I'm glad to meet another Icons fan. It was like my history channel on video games! It provided another insight in the video game industry. I need to find it online or in DVD.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By BonOrbitz

@takashichea said:

@bonorbitz said:

@takashichea said:

I have to thank Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb for getting me into video games during my middle school years. I used to love the network. I missed Filter's Diane Mizota for the top games in different categories, Judgement's Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico for their reviews, Icon for its history of gaming, and Anime Unleashed for its nostalgic shows that is better than 4kids for sure.

I caught his last episode of X-Play and there was absolutely nothing about his departure. Although it was recorded before this all went down, I wish there was something added into the episode during post production that wished him well and recognized all the work he put into the show. G4 sucks hard and it sounds like a bad break-up, but he's been there since the beginning and they should understand that.

Yeah, I'm glad to meet another Icons fan. It was like my history channel on video games! It provided another insight in the video game industry. I need to find it online or in DVD.

I don't think it's on DVD buy you may be able to find it online somewhere... I should check myself!

It makes me wonder where all those old episodes are sitting. On tape somewhere in a closet at G4 I suppose... Quite sad.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#214  Edited By Ben_H
@bonorbitz said:

@takashichea said:

@bonorbitz said:

@takashichea said:

I don't think it's on DVD buy you may be able to find it online somewhere... I should check myself!

It makes me wonder where all those old episodes are sitting. On tape somewhere in a closet at G4 I suppose... Quite sad.

Yeah I wish they would at least put that stuff on Youtube if they aren't going to make it available otherwise. I loved watching that stuff way back when. I used to make an afternoon out of it in the summer.
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#215  Edited By JasonR86

I'm calling it; video game show staring Adam Sessler on Spike TV and no one will like it.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#216  Edited By Claude

Adam Sessler has been transported to my video game. He's Dethmold in the Witcher 2. 

No Caption Provided
Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#217  Edited By Kidavenger
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By penguindust

Hmm, I wonder how easily Morgan Webb can get out of her contract. Following GB's own Patrick Klepick was Abbie Heppie, Chris Hardwick, Olivia Munn, Adam Sessler and now Kevin Pereira. I don't get G4TV these days since I have DirectTV, but it certainly looks like there's something going on there. Perhaps the whole network is being retooled (again) or phased out.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By GioVANNI

@Claude: I am glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought Dethmold looked like Adam Sessler.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By moffattron9000

@PenguinDust said:

Hmm, I wonder how easily Morgan Webb can get out of her contract. Following GB's own Patrick Klepick was Abbie Heppie, Chris Hardwick, Olivia Munn, Adam Sessler and now Kevin Pereira. I don't get G4TV these days since I have DirectTV, but it certainly looks like there's something going on there. Perhaps the whole network is being retooled (again) or phased out.

Well all but those last two happened ages ago so they aren't that big of a deal it seems. That being said the fact that Adam Sessler and Kevin Pereira have announced their leaving G4 in the space of two weeks leads me to believe that something to the level of a complete reset of the network is happening over there and I just hope that everyone over there can get out ok before the place burns to the ground

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By BonOrbitz

@PenguinDust said:

I see that there are all new eps of XPlay next week so it'll be interesting to see how they approach The Sess' departure. My guess is that they won't and they'll just have Blair Herter filling in for him as if nothing happened.

Someone posted something at G4.com saying that when they talked to Adam about what happened at G4 he couldn't discuss any details, so who knows what's going on there... I also want to state that I had a crush on Abbie Heppe and was hoping that someday soon she would replace Webb. I've heard that Webb isn't a cool person to fans in public.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#222  Edited By Hailinel

@bonorbitz said:

@PenguinDust said:

I see that there are all new eps of XPlay next week so it'll be interesting to see how they approach The Sess' departure. My guess is that they won't and they'll just have Blair Herter filling in for him as if nothing happened.

Someone posted something at G4.com saying that when they talked to Adam about what happened at G4 he couldn't discuss any details, so who knows what's going on there... I also want to state that I had a crush on Abbie Heppe and was hoping that someday soon she would replace Webb. I've heard that Webb isn't a cool person to fans in public.

Heppe is the community manager at Respawn Entertainment now. She's left journalism altogether.