*ahem* Gentlemen!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By Hamz

Hello my name is Hamz and I'm an alcoho....err....video game enthusiast.

First order of business is the complete mind-fuck Valve has done in regards to the upcoming class update for Team Fortress 2. First the Sniper was announced and then out of the blue the Spy was announced to be released alongside his Austrailian colleague. But more shenanigans were to be had with the early leaking of the Spy's "Meet the...." video which may have been intentionally leaked if the below image is to be trusted.

No Caption Provided
Did Valve intentionally leak the video or is this all coincidence? Is the Scout's mother really the Pyro? Will BoG ever find true love? So many questions and not enough time to answer them all. But I have to say well played to Valve in regards to just springing the Spy update on players after so many of them have been anticipating this class in particular getting updated.

My initial impression of the Spy's update is that the 'Cloak and Dagger' watch is a little redundant. Especially when not so long ago Valve updated the Spy's cloak so it regenerated once the Spy picked up ammo. I'm not sure I like the thoughts of a cloak which regenerates by standing still and drains during movement when as I mentioned above the regular cloak refills via ammo pickups. I'll trust in Valve's greater wisdom on the issue, still somewhat skeptical though.

Now onto the second order of business. Gather round children and listen to old uncle Hamz and listen well because I have something important I want everyone to read and understand. GiantBomb is a site that relies on and encourages its community to interact with one another and the site itself in a positive and productive manner, something which a large majority of you all understand.

However lately a small number of people seem to have taken it upon themselves to play the role of Moderator and seem to think they can order other users around as if they have the ability and authority to do so. As if they are somehow more important than their peers. Now I'm sure these select few people have good intentions but their approach and the way in which they carry them out comes across as very egotistical, bossy and 'wannabe-moderator-ish'. And has resulted in a few complaints and panties being twisted.

Everyone here at GiantBomb is on equal ground. No single user has authority or greater importance over another. So I am going to ask that everyone keep that in mind when they try to help out another user in need or when replying to a topic discussing any subject matter. Keep your ego's in check and remember there is a team of dedicated Forum and Wiki moderators on this site to deal with issues and make final decisions on matters. If you find yourself unsure, confused or generally needing guidance about anything then never hesitate to contact one or all of us.

Nothing disgruntles me more than seeing certain users continually act as if and feel the need to make their opinion known as fact when the truth of the matter is their opinion is entirely wrong or otherwise flawed in regards to our rules and guidelines here. It only serves to cause confusion for users and extra work for the actual Moderation team when we see things like this occur.

So with that out of the way I'll just finish with this, don't act like a smart-arse around the site. Read through the Wiki FAQ and the Forum FAQ for a list of every Moderator and our specific jobs on the site and learn the rules we ask everyone abide by here while you're at it too!

<3 Hamz XOXO

PS - The Spy is still a threat!

No Caption Provided
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Hamz

Hello my name is Hamz and I'm an alcoho....err....video game enthusiast.

First order of business is the complete mind-fuck Valve has done in regards to the upcoming class update for Team Fortress 2. First the Sniper was announced and then out of the blue the Spy was announced to be released alongside his Austrailian colleague. But more shenanigans were to be had with the early leaking of the Spy's "Meet the...." video which may have been intentionally leaked if the below image is to be trusted.

No Caption Provided
Did Valve intentionally leak the video or is this all coincidence? Is the Scout's mother really the Pyro? Will BoG ever find true love? So many questions and not enough time to answer them all. But I have to say well played to Valve in regards to just springing the Spy update on players after so many of them have been anticipating this class in particular getting updated.

My initial impression of the Spy's update is that the 'Cloak and Dagger' watch is a little redundant. Especially when not so long ago Valve updated the Spy's cloak so it regenerated once the Spy picked up ammo. I'm not sure I like the thoughts of a cloak which regenerates by standing still and drains during movement when as I mentioned above the regular cloak refills via ammo pickups. I'll trust in Valve's greater wisdom on the issue, still somewhat skeptical though.

Now onto the second order of business. Gather round children and listen to old uncle Hamz and listen well because I have something important I want everyone to read and understand. GiantBomb is a site that relies on and encourages its community to interact with one another and the site itself in a positive and productive manner, something which a large majority of you all understand.

However lately a small number of people seem to have taken it upon themselves to play the role of Moderator and seem to think they can order other users around as if they have the ability and authority to do so. As if they are somehow more important than their peers. Now I'm sure these select few people have good intentions but their approach and the way in which they carry them out comes across as very egotistical, bossy and 'wannabe-moderator-ish'. And has resulted in a few complaints and panties being twisted.

Everyone here at GiantBomb is on equal ground. No single user has authority or greater importance over another. So I am going to ask that everyone keep that in mind when they try to help out another user in need or when replying to a topic discussing any subject matter. Keep your ego's in check and remember there is a team of dedicated Forum and Wiki moderators on this site to deal with issues and make final decisions on matters. If you find yourself unsure, confused or generally needing guidance about anything then never hesitate to contact one or all of us.

Nothing disgruntles me more than seeing certain users continually act as if and feel the need to make their opinion known as fact when the truth of the matter is their opinion is entirely wrong or otherwise flawed in regards to our rules and guidelines here. It only serves to cause confusion for users and extra work for the actual Moderation team when we see things like this occur.

So with that out of the way I'll just finish with this, don't act like a smart-arse around the site. Read through the Wiki FAQ and the Forum FAQ for a list of every Moderator and our specific jobs on the site and learn the rules we ask everyone abide by here while you're at it too!

<3 Hamz XOXO

PS - The Spy is still a threat!

No Caption Provided
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TheKidNixon

As I mentioned else-thread, the "Is Fired" panel right next to the lighted up "INTRUDER ALERT" is another clue that we were all rused.

And yes, people best play nice. Or else.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By mattbodega

I'm your new boss Hamz! I order you to make me a sandwich....or you're banned from the wiki!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I've done some sleuthing on the "Leaked video" part, and posted my findings in this thread. I'll paste it here anyway:

OK, I've looked at the original leaked MP4 file, and while it is impossible to make out the words because it is low res, the length of the words on the "Leaked Video" panel doesn't seem to match the "Leaked Video" text. It seems to be a shorter word followed by a longer word, whereas in "Leaked Video", Leaked is the longer word. So it seems that is something they changed at the last minute to mess with our minds again. The "Is Fired" still appears to be there, but that could easily be a coincidence or a valve inside joke.

Here is a pic of the original for anyone interested:

No Caption Provided
And a larger version is here (you'll have to open the link in a new window or tab or GB will automatically resize it in the pop up thingy).
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude, that comic strip is classy. I love it. I'm a bad person and still haven't played Team Fortress 2, even though I've owned the Orange Box for over a year and a half...

Also, just to fill you in... BoG has found true love.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheKidNixon
TheGreatGuero said:
Dude, that comic strip is classy. I love it. I'm a bad person and still haven't played Team Fortress 2, ... [more]
Which variant of the Orange Box do you have? If its 360, don't really bother; the version of TF2 is kinda garbage, and missing all the fun update stuff. so woefully out of date at this point.

Really though, I enjoy the media surrounding TF2 a lot more than the game itself.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@TheKidNixon: Oh? Yeah, I have the 360 version. You mean to tell me they've only been updating the PC version? Dude, that's pretty whack. I'm feeling a little bit hurt right about now.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I've yet to play Team Fortress 2, and I'm a little intimidated by the span of time since its release.  I'm sure by now it's populated mostly by old pros. 

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Sparky_Buzzsaw: I started playing about 2 weeks ago, and haven't had any trouble getting into it at all. It's fairly easy to get competent at the simpler classes. Obviously mastering them takes time, but since it's class based, and people will often have to switch to a class they are less experienced in, you don't really stand out as a newb. I'm still having a tonne of trouble with the spy class, and haven't properly tried out the engineer because it seems like a complex class, but the simpler classes are easy to get used to.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scooper

There's no way any of this wasn't planned. You think you've got Valve worked out and then they'll always of planned for you to think that. You can't beat Valve! The Steam client patches into its users' brains so they always know exactaly how to execute stuff in totally unexpected ways. Damn you Valve!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

Good work there Matty, that is some astute observation. I find this update pretty cool, even if I can't play it because I have the 360 version and no updates have gone this way yet :(

And I think I noticed what you are referring to, Hamz, in regards to the "wanna-be" mods who have been a bit arrogant. I am sure that isn't me ;) and, as you said, everyone here is equal so there is no point for one person to try and be overbearing others. Let's hope this behavior stops.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By mordecaix7

The Spy comic is hilarious :)

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By lordofultima

That's right HAMMY! THAT'S HOW WE DO! Better knuckle up just in case.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By crunchUK
@Hamz: "no single giantbomb user has authority over another"

Ahem...... you're a mod ffs
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Snail

Makes sense since the video reads "Act surprised", before it begins on the official TF2 website.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#16  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
@MattyFTM:
Oh, nice!  I'll have to give it a shot.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snail

It was not leaked on purpose.
No Caption Provided

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Scooper
Snail said:
It was not leaked on purpose.
Yep. 100% Conclusive proof.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b4a512bb9699
deactivated-5b4a512bb9699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, wonder what brought that rant on :P

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jeffsekai

Even if this is all fake, this is why i love Valve

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21  Edited By natetodamax

This blog scared me.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By crunchUK
Voxel said:
This blog scared me.
only cos you're a forum cop at heart
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By natetodamax
@crunchUK: I saw that coming. I don't go around acting like a mod. It scared me because on Hamz acting like a grandfather and putting XOXO at the end
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crunchUK

Oh i see.....

HAMZ AND NATETODAMAX SITTING IN A TREE, K-I-S-S-S-I-N-G....

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By natetodamax
@crunchUK: Ugh, please don't do that. I had that happen to me at school the other day because everyone in my class thinks I like this gross girl when I don't
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#26  Edited By LordAndrew

Yeah, based on the image MattyFTM posted, it looks like that part was changed from whatever it was originally.

Also, I want to apologize for that other thing you're talking about. My intent was obviously unclear in my initial message, and the user misunderstood me. I never tried to claim that my opinion was official in any way, nor did I even act on that image. I just made the comment and skipped to the next image, hoping to obtain some other opinions. I never claimed to be a mod (although the image mod tool likes to label me as such) and simply tried to voice my thoughts on the matter while waiting for other people to voice their opinions. Unfortunately there were a couple issues with my tone that I noticed when re-reading the conversation, and hopefully I'll be able to avoid that in the future.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Crono

This really is a Spy blog.  I mean, it was disguised as a TF2 Blog but really it was about those masquerading as admins!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crunchUK
Voxel said:
@crunchUK: Ugh, please don't do that. I had that happen to me at school the other day because everyone in ... [more]
um

how old are you again?
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Say the word Hamz, I shall Leap, gazelle like, into action!

*salutes*

<3 Hamz, Keep up the good work.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30  Edited By StarFoxA

No mention of your hate for Tallahassee? I'm ashamed of you, Hamz.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Endogene
StarFoxA said:
No mention of your hate for Tallahassee? I'm ashamed of you, Hamz.
It's a shared hate amongst the investigation team actually.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32  Edited By StarFoxA
Endogene said:
StarFoxA said: No mention of your hate for Tallahassee? I'm ashamed of you, Hamz. It's a shared hate amongst the ... [more]
But you guys <3 me right? :D
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Endogene
@StarFoxA: Yes we do (keep sending the checks)
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By maxszy

*bows in submission*

Errr....that could be bad...

P.S. I apologize for any moment I have had, requesting people to stop spamming our forums. That is not my place, I recognize that. I apologize.

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By aaox

Heavy got DONE!