Am I the only person who doesn't like ExtraCreditz?

• 155 results
EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By EdIsCool

The level of smugness is what makes it unwatchable for me. The producers are just so incredibly pleased with themselves.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@Napalm said:

So, anyway. Guys, lets talk about pancakes. Greasy, thick pancakes.

I like mine super-thin, but tell me more...

jamian9210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By jamian9210

I don't know why I bothered. This forum is filled with nothing but BioDrone who are anticipated for the overrated Mass Effect franchise. A franchise tailor made for idiots, just like Skyrim and Halo.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By theguy

American pancakes are weird, in Europe we have awesome thin pancakes that you put sugar and lemon on and roll up. Yum. I guess you guys call them crepes but s'just pancakes in Ireland.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By WickedCestus

I don't like it but you're kinda nuts.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Tiwi

@jamian9210 said:

I don't know why I bothered. This forum is filled with nothing but BioDrone who are anticipated for the overrated Mass Effect franchise. A franchise tailor made for idiots, just like Skyrim and Halo.

Yepp, because everyone fall into those nicely defined groups that you made, with no room for diversity. Everyone likes the same things!

I for one have no interest in ME, or Halo. But I do love Skyrim, and Street fighter, and uncharted, and the god damn Batman.

I might even enjoy some "The longes Journey" on the side! I AM SO UNIQUE!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Tennmuerti

Well this has gone downhill fast, flagged.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By ShaggE

@jamian9210 said:

Oh wow. You're trying way, way too hard. It truly takes a special level of stupidity to post the things that you are posting.

Honestly, I can't even bring myself to laugh at you. I feel terrible for you, knowing that you're destined to live your life being angry and dismissive at the world for liking things that you do not.

Greenshoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Greenshoes

I love pancakes.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By clstirens

@Napalm said:

@JTB123 said:

@Napalm said:

It depends how thick you're talking here, I like them thinner so I can eat more of them, and lemon juice man, loooooots of lemon juice!

My grandma makes them in a pan in a special way and the sides are crispy, and they are thick and greasy as shit, but I swear, you've never tasted anything like it.

I mix pancake batter into my omelets, always makes 'em fluffy and slightly sweet.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cyraxible

Yep, flagged. I hope you don't post again, or if you do you read what you write and think about how people may perceive that.

Someday you'll realize that the world is made up of other people than you and you'll become a better person for it.

Hopefully.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By napalm
@jamian9210 said:

Shut the fuck up! Nobody asked for your opinion you retard-strong cheesedog! 

@GetEveryone said:

@Napalm said:

I was going to say, "read my other post!" But, I see it's buried in bullshit. Literally. Here's a bucket. Have fun! No, kidding. My grandma makes amazing, thick and ultra-greasy pancakes that are to die for.
Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By Vonocourt

@jamian9210 said:

Its "The Longest Journey" God your spelling is awful. And you love Skyrim? LOL! Talk about the low standards and poor taste most faggots have these days.

And you are fucked.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By Getz

@Napalm said:

@GetEveryone said:

@Napalm said:

I was going to say, "read my other post!" But, I see it's buried in bullshit. Literally. Here's a bucket. Have fun! No, kidding. My grandma makes amazing, thick and ultra-greasy pancakes that are to die for.

The only good thing to come of this thread is the desire it instilled in me to make some pancakes. Chopped some apples up, put some cinnamon and sugar in to the mix. Life is good.

You guys wanna play a game? Let's guess Jamian's age! I'll start: 15.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Tiwi

@jamian9210 said:

@Tiwi said:

@jamian9210 said:

Yepp, because everyone fall into those nicely defined groups that you made, with no room for diversity. Everyone likes the same things!

I for one have no interest in ME, or Halo. But I do love Skyrim, and Street fighter, and uncharted, and the god damn Batman.

I might even enjoy some "The longes Journey" on the side! I AM SO UNIQUE!

Its "The Longest Journey" God your spelling is awful. And you love Skyrim? LOL! Talk about the low standards and poor taste most faggots have these days.

Again with all that anger. Oh well I can rest knowing that the games I play, and personality I have doesn't offend anyone. And I'm really sorry for having 1 letter typos on an internet forum. also, It is "It's" or "it is", not Its. That's called a genitiv "s", used for ownership. such as "we had a fridge. Its door was white." And now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

But be careful who you offend, one day you might offend someone who isn't as tolerant as many people online are. Just some sound advice.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By napalm
@Getz said:

@Napalm said:

@GetEveryone said:

@Napalm said:

The only good thing to come of this thread is the desire it instilled in me to make some pancakes. Chopped some apples up, put some cinnamon and sugar in to the mix. Life is good.

You guys wanna play a game? Let's guess Jamian's age! I'll start: 15.

Let's do one better: what is Aunt Jemima's age?! You know, the lady on the syrup container! I'll start! She's like one-hundred and thirty-seven.
Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Vonocourt

@Napalm said:

Let's do one better: what is Aunt Jemima's age?! You know, the lady on the syrup container! I'll start! She's like one-hundred and thirty-seven.

When I was a little I would always put the Aunt Jemima container by the Uncle Ben's Rice box.

eshchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By eshchan

How come you can't flag on mobile site?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By napalm
@Vonocourt said:

@Napalm said:

When I was a little I would always put the Aunt Jemima container by the Uncle Ben's Rice box.

You're so racist.
supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By supamon

Pancakes. Yummy yum yum!

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By lord_canti

o my god alison got somthing wrong that bitch ¬_¬ #sarcasm

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By sasnake

am I the only person that hates it when people say "am I the only person" when there is billions of people in the world. Yeah sure, out of ALL the people in the world, yeah, your the only person that hates it.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By lockwoodx

I never liked ExtraCreditz. Sounded too much like he was pushing his morals on people.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Harkat

@Kaiserreich said:

poorly worded but correct, Extracreditz is awful.

Bump. Even as someone who loves Braid and is very enthusiastic towards emotional non-games, storytelling in games, etc, I can't stand it. It's so...smug.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Getz

@Vonocourt said:

@Napalm said:

On top of the Famous Amos

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NegativeCero

I feel like I've never had amazing pancakes, just okay ones from mix. As for this topic, what made you think you would get a positive response here? This is something I'd expect from the Gametrailers board, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone post like this on GB.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By EdIsCool

@jamian9210: Flagged, nothing you say from now on can have any value or relevance. Using the word faggot is like stamping the word idiot on your forehead.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78  Edited By I_smell
@jamian9210: Yeah, Extra Credits can be real fuckin preachy and pretentious and philosoph-lite. A lot of it does feel way too cute and "indie games are the future!! maybe we should all just hug it out and get along!" pretending to be super thought-provoking and an awesome bastion of hope.

But your stupid 4chan-speak bullshit is even worse, so I'm not totally on your side either.
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@EdIsCool said:

@jamian9210: Flagged, nothing you say from now on can have any value or relevance. Using the word faggot is like stamping the word idiot on your forehead.

It's just a word. Context is important though, and the context the OP used is, well, stupid.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#80  Edited By iamjohn

@Oldirtybearon said:

@EdIsCool said:

It's just a word. Context is important though, and the context the OP used is, well, stupid.

While I get what you're saying, I feel like someone needs to observe that there's really only one context that faggot exists or is used in.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Tiwi

@I_smell said:

@jamian9210: Yeah, Extra Credits can be real fuckin preachy and pretentious and philosoph-lite. A lot of it does feel way too cute and "indie games are the future!! maybe we should all just hug it out and get along!" pretending to be super thought-provoking and an awesome bastion of hope. But your stupid 4chan-speak bullshit is even worse, so I'm not totally on your side either.

It weird how i don't get that wibe out of that at all... Every time I watch it I find myself enlightened. I don't see the issue in learning the next generation of game developers how to make more enganging stories and better games. Even if it's just by learning how to do leveling well in puzzle games. I don't know. \(o.O)/ I'm not a game developer.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Turambar
@drag said:

@Cloudenvy said:

I could go for some pancakes right now.

good call. anyone else?

I want waffles. 
valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#83  Edited By valiantgrizzly
@theguy

American pancakes are weird, in Europe we have awesome thin pancakes that you put sugar and lemon on and roll up. Yum. I guess you guys call them crepes but s'just pancakes in Ireland.

LEMON? Really?
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By zeforgotten

Get cancer

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By iamjohn

@Tiwi said:

@I_smell said:

@jamian9210: Yeah, Extra Credits can be real fuckin preachy and pretentious and philosoph-lite. A lot of it does feel way too cute and "indie games are the future!! maybe we should all just hug it out and get along!" pretending to be super thought-provoking and an awesome bastion of hope. But your stupid 4chan-speak bullshit is even worse, so I'm not totally on your side either.

It weird how i don't get that wibe out of that at all... Every time I watch it I find myself enlightened. I don't see the issue in learning the next generation of game developers how to make more enganging stories and better games. Even if it's just by learning how to do leveling well in puzzle games. I don't know. \(o.O)/ I'm not a game developer.

I see where he's coming from. I agree with a lot of what the Extra Creditz guys say, but I personally find their tone to be very pretentious for the gross amount they oversimplify issues.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By NegativeCero

@Turambar said:

@drag said:

@Cloudenvy said:

I could go for some pancakes right now.

good call. anyone else?

I want waffles.

Same. Waffles >pancakes.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Turambar

The FDA announced that the flu season started late this year.  I'm guessing the OP is a kid with a cold who's bored at home.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Turambar
@Buzzkill said:

I never liked ExtraCreditz. Sounded too much like he was pushing his morals on people.

Not so much morals as philosophy.  But yes, they do state pretty clearly they believe video games to be an art form in its infancy, so how you feel about their videos stems very directly from your reaction to that idea.  I'm pretty fond of the whole thing personally.
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@iAmJohn said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@EdIsCool said:

While I get what you're saying, I feel like someone needs to observe that there's really only one context that faggot exists or is used in.

That's a general way to look at it, but the word itself has become less of a disparaging term for homosexuals and is used more to describe stupid, retarded, and/or foolish people like the OP. That's the modern context, anyhow. I am not dumb, and do recognise that there are many homophobic douchebags out there that still feel the need to disparage and berate homosexuals. My goal is to point out that the word's meaning has changed over the last few decades.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BisonHero

I'm fine with ExtraCreditz, but I really don't like ExtraRaditz.

No Caption Provided
TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#91  Edited By TobbRobb

This is hilarious in the dumbest way possible.

And for all you waffle loving douchebags, have you ever had a salami and cheese pancake? IT'S FUCKING AWESOME!

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By EdIsCool

@Oldirtybearon: @iAmJohn:

On the one hand, I don't like thought crimes, or people telling you what you can't say. However, there are some words such as Nigger, and Faggot which have enormous potential to offend. If you want to use them, it had better be in a truly brilliant screenplay, or something else of artistic, or academic value. If you just throw these words out there, irregardless of their "new" meaning, you have shown yourself to be inarticulate, unintelligent, and inconsiderate of the feelings of others. This leads me to disregard any other thoughts you may have.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93  Edited By crusader8463

While I hate agreeing with the idiot in the room, I don't really care for it at all. The few times I listened to it I didn't really agree with anything they said, and the presentation of the videos don't do anything for me.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94  Edited By I_smell
@Tiwi said:

@I_smell said:

Well for example their last episode was supposed to be about how American RPGs grew up to be different from Japanese RPGs, but the only points they made were:

• RPGs and JRPGs are two different genres.
  • Did you notice they're two different genres?
  • The games are different.
  • JRPGs are made in Japan.
  • These two genres are made in different countries. That's why they're different!
  • I guess the term "RPG" doesn't really mean the same thing nowadays. If you think about it.
  • This is an INTERESTING topic! Expand your mind! We're gonna need like 5 more episodes to cover this one. 
 Who doesn't already know that, guys? This isn't the eye-opening revelation you think it is.
 Who doesn't already know that, guys? This isn't the eye-opening revelation you think it is.

Being pretentious means to make a topic seem more grandiose and flowery and amazing than it really is. The way they spell things out and book-end the episodes with this triumphant uplifting fanfare, you'd think they were talking about something amazing, but it's usually something the Bombcast would sum up in about 2 minutes of regular chat.

I liked the episode they made about producers, cos nobody really knows what a producer does. I like some episodes, but most of em are just way too much enthusiasm put into something that isn't really that interesting.
If you're interested in how games get made, DEFINATELY look up some GDC or DICE talks or something on Gamespot.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#95  Edited By FancySoapsMan

One time my mom said she made banana pancakes but when I took  a bite there was no banana in there. 

That ruined my day :(

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SpaceRunaway

@DrHawking said:

NO! YOU. ARE. NEVER. THE. ONLY. ONE!

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By NegativeCero

@TobbRobb said:

This is hilarious in the dumbest way possible.

And for all you waffle loving douchebags, have you ever had a salami and cheese pancake? IT'S FUCKING AWESOME!

That sounds both terrifying and delicious. Where do they even sell those?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#98  Edited By landon

@jamian9210: Battlefield is for casual gamers.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By rb_man

@jamian9210: There is a good chance that they are kind of pretentious. But on the other hand you come off as a raving jackass witch is way worst. Also I love the fact that you call them consolefags and now you come off as a BFfag or in your words a BF fanboy so someone has a diffient view that you get over it.

P.S.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Tiwi

@I_smell said:

@Tiwi said:

@I_smell said:

Well for example their last episode was supposed to be about how American RPGs grew up to be different from Japanese RPGs, but the only points they made were:

• RPGs and JRPGs are two different genres.
  • Did you notice they're two different genres?
  • The games are different.
  • JRPGs are made in Japan.
  • These two genres are made in different countries. That's why they're different!
  • I guess the term "RPG" doesn't really mean the same thing nowadays. If you think about it.
  • This is an INTERESTING topic! Expand your mind! We're gonna need like 5 more episodes to cover this one.
Who doesn't already know that, guys?
Who doesn't already know that, guys?

Being pretentious means to make a topic seem more grandiose and flowery and amazing than it really is. The way they spell things out and book-end the episodes with this triumphant uplifting fanfare, you'd think they were talking about something amazing, but it's usually something the Bombcast would sum up in about 2 minutes of regular chat.

I liked the episode they made about producers, cos nobody really knows what a producer does. I like some episodes, but most of em are just way too much enthusiasm put into something that isn't really that interesting.
If you're interested in how games get made, DEFINATELY look up some GDC or DICE talks or something on Gamespot.

I'm sorry... I really didn't think something ment to inspire you to read about it yourself and come up with your own oppinions. They lay out their oppinions in such a way that if you object to any of them it's easy to counter them for youself. They're not always right, but nobody are. FFS I'm currently studying physics and everything has to be done in a fairly pretentious manner or I'd expect everyone who attends the same lectures i do to just constantly fall asleep.