Anyone beleive CRYENGINE3 can push back next gen several years?

• 52 results
HonkyTonkGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By HonkyTonkGamer
@A_Faceless_Name said:
" @HonkyTonkGamer said:
" @A_Faceless_Name said:

" It seems like Sony and Microsoft want to delay the next gen anyway (why not wait and launch the new systems with Arc and Natal, rather than release these "game changers" mid life cycle.  I am hoping they do hold off for a few years, both systems still have life under the hood. And I kind of want MS to release theirs, then Sony wait 2 years so they are staggered. Make room for both systems and it wont be so much of a console war anymore. That can't happen as far as third party support goes though. "

If Sony does this then they are GAME OVER FOR GOOD. Sony will and wants to either launch first or at worst launch very close to the same time MS does.  And trust me if we do see a new system from MS and Sony in 2012. There will be no 10 year life span for PS3 like they claim. Maybe in Japan but not in the states. I think maybe holiday 2013 will be the perfect time to launch. Or maybe Holiday 2012. But if they start using the new ID tech 5 and the Cryengine 3 i can wait until holiday 2013. But beleive me I do not want to still be playing Unreal Engine 3 games in 2013-2014 fuck that i'll puke at that shit. "
My thought in staggering them was to have them be on different power levels as well, and not directly competing at that time. It would never happen, but it has some decent potential. "
If they did that it would FUCK developers bigtime might even bring a fall to the industry. With the cost of development. Man developers would be going out of business left and right trying to make games for 3 different power level systems.
salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By salad10203

I dont know why they wouldnt delay it.  I think they lose money on every console sold ( i am positive ps3 does)