• 51 results
Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks like Apple wants to destroy Microsoft XD

In an unsurprising announcement, Apple has confirmed that the keynote address for the Worldwide Developers Conference will be at the Moscone Center on June 10, the first day of the conference. Which would normally be starting at 10 AM Pacific time the same time Microsft will hold their E3 Conference.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/05/23/apple-confirms-wwdc-keynote-presentation-will-be-monday-june-10th/

My guess is that MS will delay this now they should delay it^^

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Clonedzero

Its a smart play. It ultimately won't do much other than Apple being a dick. But hey, kick em while they're down, no problems from me.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Didn't they do this last year too? If you care about games, why on Earth would you be watching Apple doing anything?

Tom_Scherschel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tom_Scherschel

Maybe I'm misremembering but hasn't this happened the last couple years? Either way, the events are not competing for much of the same coverage. The MS event Tuesday was for USA Today, Time, The Wall Street Journal, and tech sites (all the places that also cover the WWDC). MS has already said that E3 is going to be about games, and you can bet an Apple keynote won't spend a lot of time on that topic. It's not going to be a big deal. MS already had their mainstream news cycle.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pretty sure this has been going on for a while now. How are they going in for the kill exactly? MS is going to be focusing on Xbox at E3 not Windows.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These two events have absolutely nothing to do with one another. Nobody is going to postpone the biggest video game trade-show of the year because Apple is holding a conference to discuss its infrastructure.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By xyzygy

This is completely irrelevant. Maybe if they were going to talk about Windows Phone, but this is E3. How could you even think this means anything?

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah... no.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

This is completely irrelevant. Maybe if they were going to talk about Windows Phone, but this is E3. How could you even think this means anything?

Not really who do you think wants Microsoft as crowd? Right the Apple crowd. Apple TV for example. Also if Apple announces something really new and great and great deals no one in the mainstream media will talk muhc about Microsoft anymore.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By geirr

#BIGPLAYS

Oh wait they've done this for a while seemingly.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Quick, let's distract Microsoft's games-focused audience during E3 with some bullshit about an apple product that doesn't play games proper. That'll teach Microsoft for focusing on multimedia so hard during their Xbox One reveal that was their chance to hit a wider audience that might not necessarily be concerned with just games.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xyzygy

@darji said:

@xyzygy said:

Not really who do you think wants Microsoft as crowd? Right the Apple crowd. Apple TV for example. Also if Apple announces something really new and great and great deals no one in the mainstream media will talk muhc about Microsoft anymore.

This might make any sense if E3 was a TV conference or something. It's for GAMES.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@xyzygy said:

The mainstream media isn't going to be talking about the new Banjo Kazooie game, Mirrors Edge 2 or whatever Microsoft are going to be announcing there.

If Apple are going to show something so ground breakingly amazing that it sucks up all the news around it, then it would affect Sony and Nintendo equally as much. But no, the two audiences are completely different and the media isn't going to ignore Microsofts showcase, even if Apple come out with some amazing new gadget. Get your head out of Sony's anus.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

@darji said:

@xyzygy said:

This might make any sense if E3 was a TV conference or something. It's for GAMES.

Yeah like the Xbone reveal was also hyped as something for gamers right? Main focus for the new Box are not games anymore and its time to accept that.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I don't think it really matters. E3 is for games and that's why we're all there. Microsoft already had their tech reveal. If Apple really wanted to stick it to them, they would've done their press conference two days ago.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Beaudacious

The irrelevance , and fanboy present in this post presents us with the fact that the OP clearly suffers from some sort of cerebral deficiency never discovered before. Oh wait, its just an Apple fan posting in a forum. False alarm.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Will, they won't have games press their. I guess they don't care.

McTangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't worry duders, you won't miss much.

Apple: Hey look at this. More pixels. Whoa! Please don't notice we stopped innovating when Steve Jobs died.

Microsoft: Do you guys like television? Television!

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Trilogy

Anything at E3 > an Apple event as far as my interests go.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The two will be pretty unrelated, iOS 7 and new Macbooks probably.

jewittm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's right, Apple will destroy the Xbox with the timing of its Keynote.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way I see this playing out to be anything interesting at all is if Microsoft announces a new 360 hardware iteration at a low price point and there is a simultaneous announcement from Apple about a radical new TV-based product. That seems like the only hardware that would be shown at E3 which would seriously compete with Apple.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nekroskop

Another iPhone that is overpriced and vastly inferior to devices that run Android? No thanks.

XD

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By BaneFireLord

The only scenario where this conflict has any bearing on the success of Microsoft's show is if Apple unveils the Pippin 2 at its keynote. Which will never, ever happen.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By TheHT

@darji said:

@xyzygy said:

I thought the whole reason the XONE reveal was so weak is because they were after the Apple crowd then, and are opting to go after the gamer crowd during E3.

Doesn't seem like a huge thing.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Different audiences and most people have to work so will watch neither live - will just make apple look like dicks.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By djou

I'm hoping it won't be a big deal for gamers unless Apple makes some kind of surprise announcement beyond a product refresh. They will probably focus of iOS7 more than anything.

This keynote screws Sony as much as MS since they planned the PS4 hardware reveal on the same day during the eve of E3.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By reisz

I can't see this making any difference at all unless Apple is launching a games console.

Apple isn't launching a games console.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

epic xD

Also, this doesn't matter at all. They're completely different audiences. People who follow Apple products will watch that conference. People who care about games (or TV shows, whatever) will watch the Xbox conference.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geirr said:

#BIGPLAYS

Oh wait they've done this for a while seemingly.

#LUKEWARMPLAYS

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reisz said:

I can't see this making any difference at all unless Apple is launching a games console.

Apple isn't launching a games console.

OR IS IT?!

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: i think MS was after the "dude-bro" audience more than anything, and I'm still worried that E3 won't be much better.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This could mean the end of games, we should just not have e3 at all.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought that WWDC was in June where I don't think it is an explicit shot at anyone.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: i think MS was after the "dude-bro" audience more than anything, and I'm still worried that E3 won't be much better.

I expected an audible groan from the audience when the first game thing announced was EA Sports games haha

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cancel next gen consoles, it's over.

ChaosDent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could be a big deal if the often rumored Apple TV is revealed and looks amazing, that could knock some wind out of XBOX ONE's general audience appeal.

I don't think that's likely though. iOS isn't seen as a direct competitor to XBOX and Playstation and the fawning, hyperbolic Apple/tech industry press don't overlap much with the fawning, hyperbolic gaming industry press, so you will be able to get more than adequate coverage of both events.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't this been the case for years? This is a topic meant to rile people up, knock it off.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uggghhhhhhhhhhh

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DonPixel

MS is to desperate to be relevant again, 3 in a row frankenstein product flops:

-Windows 8, Surface and now the XBONE

They all want to be tablet, pc, app ecosystem, motion sensor bullshit, laptop/tablet, gaming platform, OS, cable/tv.. they all fail at pretty much doing any of that right. They all ignored and pissed off their core audience

GG MS

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Who cares?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Darji

@bmccann42@me.com said:

I expected an audible groan from the audience when the first game thing announced was EA Sports games haha

there was no real applause at the event it was all faked

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By triple07

I'll stick to never watching an Apple press anything thank you very much. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

While Microsoft is being rotten to the core?

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Microsoft? More like BAD-crosoft!

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

unless apple are getting into the console market then i don't care.

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Apple will go for the kill if the word TV is brought up on that stage.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

while they compete in several spaces, i really don't think counter-scheduling could be considered "going in for the kill." industries aren't lost and won through promotional events- not the least of which being a developers conference and a press event.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
Loading Video...