Are Girls Scary? Scarygirl Is Just the Name

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Eelcire

Perusing the internets, I came across a link to a flash game called Scarygirl. It's a platforming game with a great art style and music. It's free to play online (but you do need to register at the site if you want to save your game). The basic premise of the story is you were washed up on a desert peninsula and set about to find your origins and the meanings behind your dreams. Along the way you also collect gems and fish, as well as hidden treasures. At the end of each level you are ranked on what you were able to find.

It would appear that merchandising is already in the works as far as toys and a graphic novel. One thing the site doesn't mention is the porting of this game to other platforms.  This would make for an excellent title for either XBLA/PSN or a DS/PSP game. Any word on if this game will move beyond just flash?  Overall a really fun experience.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Edit: Nuts, I thought I had posted this to PC Games. Added Pictures for posterity.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Wow...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince

Great art style for a flash game.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Ferginator4k

ill check it out

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By brukaoru

The quality does look pretty cool. Would be nifty to see this on a game platform.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eelcire

Made it to level 3 so far; the underwater level took a couple of tries while I got used to the controls and figured out what to do. I'm impressed with how the game plays so far,  with great visuals and animations. The character also controls well enough using the keyboard, but I can only play so long (a controller would work so much better for me). Also, only playing this on the easiest mode so far.

I could totally picture this as a downloadable game; maybge even get some voices in for the characters. Even if this remained on PC, I'd like to buy a version to play locally offline.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eelcire

Ugh, they changed the controls on me! Think they're going for simplicity; really don't care for using up for jump on any game though.
Well, at least the new controls make the water level much easier :)

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By zitosilva
Eelcire said:
"Ugh, they changed the controls on me! Think they're going for simplicity; really don't care for using up for jump on any game though."
Ah, that explains why, at the bike level, it told me to jump and speed up with S and D even though these buttons did nothing.

I finished it. I said in another thread, there's definitely style. But the controls handle too poorly, and I found way too many bugs.
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#9  Edited By JackiJinx

For the love of pete, this has to be the fourth topic on Scary Girl I've seen today...and none of these have been from the page's forum either. Geez.

EDIT: Whoops. Just realized this was made a few days ago. Ahh...have some pasta. Yes.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eelcire

Yeah, I think the potential is there though and it would make for a great XBLA/PSN game. I love the visual style and the it has good music and sounds to accompany it. For me, a controller would definitely help with this type of game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I doubt this would have much of a market on XBLA/PSN... WiiWare and the DS store maybe.