No 47%
 • 
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Only movies and TV. Don't need to download music with Spotify, and games aren't worth the effort

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I pirate the shit out of music. If I can't get it on bandcamp, I don't buy it.

That's about it these days though.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Not of video games but other stuff, mainly just TV shows.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoy rum, and I probably drink too much of it. Does that count?

donfonzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im dead.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only very recently. And not very often.

Avatar image for purplemoustache
PurpleMoustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By PurpleMoustache

My name is Guybrush Threepwood and I want to be a pirate...

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Arrgh ya kiddin me? No.

espm400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I've been accused of it, but that's only because up until a year ago, I had long hair, wore a bandana, and had a VanDyke for a period.

Sidenote: 'Bandana' is now on my list of words, like 'internet,' that spell check should recognize, but for some reason doesn't.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No. I enjoy rewarding people for their hard work.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By benpicko

No, I definitely pay $30 for a single Bluray every time I want to watch a film

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Nope. I do Xbox Music Subscription. And I buy albums whenever now. Mostly game soundtracks, these days.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Loading Video...
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes OP, and you fight like a dairy farmer.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Not recently and not politically, but I guess I am? Wow, the votes are surprisingly an even split.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

YOU A COP?

Nope, not at all. Lost my job and still haven't touched the stuff. Still haven't played Bioshock, and probably won't play Blood Dragon any time soon. When I do get a new job though I'm going on a purchasing spree.

@deusx said:

Depends on what kinds of treasures I'm stealing if you know what I mean... That's only for games though. I pirate EVERYTHING else. Movies because they are too expensive and I watch too many of them and music because fuck the music industry. I buy vinyls from time to time though.

Movies are literally a dollar these days. Just find a redbox duder, jeez. Or rent on iTunes/Amazon. There's really no good excuse for saying that kind of thing. You're not going to watch it more than once anyway, and if you do you should be willing to pay for it.

And if you hate the music industry, why are you listening to what it produces? Artists deserve yo money dawg. The idea that your personal vendetta against the industry is worth them getting EVEN LESS money is fucking stupid. "I hate that they don't pay the people enough, so instead I'll make it so they don't pay them at all." Brilliant.

That's why piracy is dumb. Because nothing is really that expensive and because people gotta get them bills somehow. Nothing wrong with paying for shit.

@myketuna said:

Basically, no. I don't have a job per se, but I do have a steady amount of income coming in and since that happened, I don't really pirate. Once in a while, I'll get something, but it's so few and far between that I don't consider myself one.

Buying stuff has gotten pretty damn convenient and affordable in the past couple of years.

You're a drug dealer, aren't you.

rflx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I'm a viking.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PillClinton

No, because I have a shitty spying ISP (albeit with great speeds) and don't want to bother with proxy services. And I don't mind paying for shit.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Nictel

Arrr. Her be my ship

No Caption Provided

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#71  Edited By AndrewB

If you count the occasional ancient game emulation, then sure. Otherwise... well, no company continues to be able to create without money.

BobSacamano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movies, music and television yes. But I don't tend to pirate games, unless they're older (largely because my laptop isn't great for gaming on) or emulated.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Despite the fact that I have had dreams (recently) where I had an eye patch and a hook for a hand, no, I am not a pirate.

Come to think of it, those dreams may have been more Metal Gear related than anything else. Hm...

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By OfficeGamer

Yes, everything, especially video games on my new PC.

Oh wait, let me change that according to the Giant Bomb moral compass: I pirate everything except for video games.

teehee

ThomasG666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ThomasG666

Nay.My piratey days are long gone.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I buy most of my stuff, because a lot of the time it's easier and better. Especially with stuff like Steam. When the prices or availability of something are ridiculous though, then I don't really feel any remorse about pirating it.

I'ts becoming more and more rare as I go! Signs of progress in the industries!

theuselessgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

Only for Game of Thrones, because I can't get HBO in my current apartment. :/

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Piracy is for fucking jerks

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARrrrrr!

Actually I'm team ninja.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I'm a pirate. But only on the weekends and during the summer.

No really, I got a jolly roger flag and everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I sail the ocean seas regularly.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deusx said:

Depends on what kinds of treasures I'm stealing if you know what I mean... That's only for games though. I pirate EVERYTHING else. Movies because they are too expensive and I watch too many of them and music because fuck the music industry. I buy vinyls from time to time though.

Movies are literally a dollar these days. Just find a redbox duder, jeez. Or rent on iTunes/Amazon. There's really no good excuse for saying that kind of thing. You're not going to watch it more than once anyway, and if you do you should be willing to pay for it.

And if you hate the music industry, why are you listening to what it produces? Artists deserve yo money dawg. The idea that your personal vendetta against the industry is worth them getting EVEN LESS money is fucking stupid. "I hate that they don't pay the people enough, so instead I'll make it so they don't pay them at all." Brilliant.

That's why piracy is dumb. Because nothing is really that expensive and because people gotta get them bills somehow. Nothing wrong with paying for shit.

Ugh... What's wrong here is that you assume I'm american. First, redbox/iTunes/Amazon... I only have access to one of those services due to banks having bad policies with international transactions. So yeah... no. Also, I earn very little money compared to what most americans earn on a minimum wage and ordering through the internet is a huge waste of money for me since shipping costs are huge. I go to the theater to go see the movies I'm interested in, the ones I'm not, I pirate. Deal with it.

I hate the music industry, I don't hate music. That's it. I make music, I give it for free. Artists deserve my money, so I give it to them buying vinyls from time to time. It's still a huge expense but I still do it gladly. You think artists earn money on record sales? Give me a break. Most bands now a days give their albums for free because shows and merchandise (shirts/vinyls/collectors editions) are what gives them real money. I go to shows whenever I can and support the bands that deserve it in a way that actually helps THEM.

"Nothing is really expensive" - yeah, a lot of things are and I'm a curator of what things I experience. The things that really appeal to me, I spend money. Ones that don't, I won't. Piracy exists and people should understand that because piracy is not a problem because people are evil, piracy is a problem of bad services and the lack of quality products. It's ten times easier for someone to go to piratebay and download a shitty movie with one click than going to netflix and spending time on dumb menus.

In general, we think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem. For example, if a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the US release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate’s service is more valuable. Most DRM solutions diminish the value of the product by either directly restricting a customers use or by creating uncertainty.

Our goal is to create greater service value than pirates, and this has been successful enough for us that piracy is basically a non-issue for our company. For example, prior to entering the Russian market, we were told that Russia was a waste of time because everyone would pirate our products. Russia is now about to become our largest market in Europe. - Gabe Newell

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I believe people should be compensated for their work.

redelectric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly I don't. Audiobooks are my weakness though.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SpoogeMcduck

I've pirated one game in the past 10 years and thats just because I wanted to try it first. That was Starcraft 2, I deleted it after 10 minutes of playing after seeing it wasn't a game for me, and yes if I had enjoyed it I would have paid. Otherwise it's too easy these days to get most TV/music/games and pirating isn't worth the time and risk of viruses.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Canteu

Yes, in every way imaginable. I don't need to justify it either, I do it because I can.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ripelivejam

gaming piracy? nope, especially considering the dirt cheapness of games on PC nowadays.

other priacy? no comment. :|

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By thejke

When I was in college I pirated like crazy. Every game I could get my hands on. Once I was out of college and had money, I felt really guilty. I have purchased most of the games I pirated back then on Steam. A lot of them I never played again on Steam I just purchased them because I pirated them before.

Ostratego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I enjoy rewarding people for their hard work.

I question whether I am rewarding the right people when I buy a game.

Now that I realize it, I don't actually pirate video games: I've completely stopped playing video games at all. I need to get back on the habit.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Subjugation

I don't really need to thanks to the great deals you can get on PC. Steam sales and GreenManGaming have been good to me. Picking up Syndicate the other day for $4? That's less than watching a movie. I spend more on a combo meal getting fast food.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Brendan

I haven't even pirates music since I was thirteen, so not anymore!

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pirate games? Yeah, all the time. How else am I going to apply english patches to non-english games.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yaar

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#96  Edited By SMTDante89

Not anymore. Sometimes the sound quality from music I downloaded was somewhat poor quality, so I decided to start buying CDs to have something that sounded better and to support the artist (even if it's just pennies they get from each of my purchases)

About the only time I ever download music for free anymore is for some live music or special versions of songs that can't be found anywhere else. Even then though I sometimes have strong reservations about it.

All of this is just me though, not wanting to sound like I'm looking down my nose at anyone who chooses to do so.

Harabec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Harabec

@rflx said:

No, I'm a viking.

Damn straight. I rape and pillage my way to content.

SVIRFNEBLIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watch movies and TV on Netflix, I buy songs on Itunes, books on Amazon and games on Steam. Now if only there was a Marvel Unlimited type of deal for DC Comics... I'd be 100% not a pirate.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great Fing Read http://www.greenheartgames.com.nyud.net/2013/04/29/what-happens-when-pirates-play-a-game-development-simulator-and-then-go-bankrupt-because-of-piracy/

Iceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for the Pirate Party