Are Your Tastes in Games Changing as You Get Older?

• 57 results
Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

@Pinworm45 said:

I'd say I'm more open minded and am more willing to try things I had zero interest in before.

Same here. Nowadays I'm willing to try anything that has either good story or enjoyable gameplay.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Nah I'm still into all the stuff I was into as a kids and all the new stuff up until now. There was a period when Online Multilayer really took off I played a lot of BF1942, BF2, CS etc on PC then later COD franchise (which I still play and enjoy every so often) but I'm less and less interested in Competitive MP and more into Coop. I think this has to do with the people that play the games more than the games themselves tho. Im gettign older and dont need the hassle of screaming, homophobic, racist,rage quitting kids in my life.

penINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By penINC

@HandsomeDead said:

I'm bored of killing stuff and playing things with no kind of emotional impact.

So you're not into video games I see.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By HandsomeDead

You joke, but I'm really not. I haven't bought a game in almost a year.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#55  Edited By galiant

Yep. Nintendo's stuff was fun when I was 8. Not so much at 23. I'm having a hard time getting into JRPG:s as well, which used to be so easy.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Quacktastic

I don't feel like shooters are as fun to be good at anymore, since they started blowing up on consoles.  They went casual, so I did too I, guess.
I would have never played something like Uncharted when I was a teenager - it would have been too linear/scripted, but I'm okay with that now.  Maybe because of how much presentation has improved.
I still like a good goofy Japanese game like an MGS, but aside from MGS it seems like their presentation is actually decreasing.
I have liked sandboxes for as long as I can remember.  From Zelda 1 to New Vegas.

I think the games are changing more than I am.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Addfwyn

My tastes are the same, but my time for them is more limited. Unfortunately, one of my favourite genres has always been (and continues to be) JRPGs, which are quite lengthy, typically. So the amount of games I manage to complete in a given year has decreased as I've gotten older. On the other hand, the number of JRPGs these days is also a lot less, so I spend a lot of my time working a platinum trophy as I wait for the next big one (Or play handhelds a lot).

My tastes remain about the same, possibly a bit broader than they used to be. I still can't into FPS or WRPGs, no matter how much I try. Unfortunately, that seems to cover a huge number of games that come out these days.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Levius

I used to hate stealth games with a passion, but after the gateway drug of Batman: AA I really warmed up to the genre. I bought Splinter Cell Conviction soon after its release which I would never of conceived of before, and found myself playing Deus Ex: HR going for a pure stealth run.

I now plan on getting the MGS HD collection even though my attempt of playing MGS 2 when it came out ended quickly in frustration.

I guess now I'm older I've got more patient and generally more competent.